[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the Giants will beat the Pats Again in SB

isleseeya

Yes I am a huge Giants fan but i am very critical of them when i have to be ...I also believed the Giants may have another run when Giants beat Dallas in last game of the season ...once they hammered the Falcons in week 1 of playoffs i really felt like they had a shot to duplicate 2007 run

I actually think this Giants team is better than the 2007 team that beat Pats and that this Pats team is worse ( only because i think the Pats defense may have been better in 2007 than it is today )

The Giants will beat the Pats in SB because :

1. They match up extremely well with pats as also seen by their victory over Pats in Foxboro this season

2. Giants front 4 will get to Brady . Brady will get some but will not be able to blow up Giants defense for sure . Plus Giants coverage has been much better as of late . Give Giants a big edge on defense

3. Pats Def terrible against the pass . simply terrible . Eli is better than 2007 and he has much better weapons at his disposal . Eli will have a huge game

4. Revenge means little as once the game starts and the adrenaline settles down it comes down to the team that executes better , makes the plays on offense , defense and special teams. The fact Giants beat Pats in 2007 in SB and Patriots now want revenge / pay back , etc means little or nothing when Jason Paul Pierre is flattening Brady or Eli is hitting Cruz over and over

5. This has been predicted before :wacko: and will work again

Giants win 34-31

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am a huge Giants fan but i am very critical of them when i have to be ...I also believed the Giants may have another run when Giants beat Dallas in last game of the season ...once they hammered the Falcons in week 1 of playoffs i really felt like they had a shot to duplicate 2007 run

I actually think this Giants team is better than the 2007 team that beat Pats and that this Pats team is worse ( only because i think the Pats defense may have been better in 2007 than it is today )

The Giants will beat the Pats in SB because :

1. They match up extremely well with pats as also seen by their victory over Pats in Foxboro this season

2. Giants front 4 will get to Brady . Brady will get some but will not be able to blow up Giants defense for sure . Plus Giants coverage has been much better as of late . Give Giants a big edge on defense

3. Pats Def terrible against the pass . simply terrible . Eli is better than 2007 and he has much better weapons at his disposal . Eli will have a huge game

4. Revenge means little as once the game starts and the adrenaline settles down it comes down to the team that executes better , makes the plays on offense , defense and special teams. The fact Giants beat Pats in 2007 in SB and Patriots now want revenge / pay back , etc means little or nothing when Jason Paul Pierre is flattening Brady or Eli is hitting Cruz over and over

5. This has been predicted before :wacko: and will work again

Giants win 34-31

I think you give NE too much credit.

Giants 34

NE 21

All very logical.

Aint happening. NY the underdog beats NE the easily better team twice in a SB? No way. NY is the poster child for an erratic team and are SO due to suck, Manning especially. I say they fall apart and NE hammers them in a yawner. If NY is lucky they might make it interesting for awhile but don't hold your breath.

PS and oh btw nobody would be happier than me to see that be wrong. But IMO it's a high high probability.

All very logical.

Aint happening. NY the underdog beats NE the easily better team twice in a SB? No way. NY is the poster child for an erratic team and are SO due to suck, Manning especially. I say they fall apart and NE hammers them in a yawner. If NY is lucky they might make it interesting for awhile but don't hold your breath.

PS and oh btw nobody would be happier than me to see that be wrong. But IMO it's a high high probability.

we will see ...I love the match up for Eli and Eli has made it to next level of elite quarterbacks ...i also like Giants Defense to slow brady down enough which should be enough since Pats do not have a very good running

You might be going to the well one too many times. As far as I'm concerned, the Giants have already played two Super Bowls by beating the Saints and the Packers. Maybe they have another win but regardless, they've had an impressive run.

Yeah that was awesome in 2001 when the Giants beat the Saints.

Agreed, on both sides of the ball I think the Giants have an answer for most of what the Pats bring to the table. I think the Pats' greatest strength is playing solid, mistake-free, fundamental football, and they don't get rattled in these big games. That's how I would describe the Giants, so it's a wash. Belichick is rightly praised for being creative, resourceful, and being a master planner, but Coughlin has shown he can beat him and he's not intimidated. Then I look at the two teams objectively and see the Giants have the edge at many positions, especially RB, WR, secondary and defensive line. QB is damn close when you consider latest performances by the two. And Eli has more weapons.

I'd be surprised if the Giants pass rush has any kind of performance like SBVLII, because they were unstoppable that night. I think Brady will be ready for the pass rush and will simply refuse to be sacked that many times again...meaning he'll be quick to dump it off on short screens and such which the Giants will be able to stop. As you noted, the Giants coverage has improved as of late, so it becomes difficult to make that short passing game work when you have both a pass rush and tight coverage to contend with.

I think Belichick will wring every last drop of talent/effort/moxie out of his secondary and they will play admirably, but Eli will find open receivers when he needs to, early and often. He's done it against much better units lately, and it's hard to imagine a QB being in closer sync with his receivers than Eli has been lately...and by that I mean not just Nicks/Cruz/Manningham but Bradshaw and the tight ends too. Eli has been decisive and quick to deliver the ball, and his guys are usually where he expects them to be. There will be big passing plays by the Giants in this game.

Agreed, that stuff means nothing.

5. This has been predicted before :tup: and will work again

:wacko:

All very logical.

:wacko:

I think the Giants are a better team than the Patriots. But anything can happen in one game. Just grateful I get to watch my team in the Big game. But I do love how most are counting out the patriots.

Just heard on the radio some one in vegas put $5M on the Pats. I would have taken the pts on that one. :wacko:

I'm hoping this and some of the dreck posted by C1 will fit in my sigline in a couple weeks.

But I do love how most are counting out the patriots.

I would never count them out, they're a dangerous offense with a HOF QB and coach. Anything can happen. I predict the Giants win because of what I see as a clear edge in several areas, but funny things can and do happen in NFL games. That's what makes it interesting, thrilling and excruciating at times.

we will see ...I love the match up for Eli and Eli has made it to next level of elite quarterbacks
No he hasn't. He's just had a career year. Too bad it won't include a SB ring but then again career years for QBs (stats wise anyway) rarely do.

i also like Giants Defense to slow brady down enough which should be enough since Pats do not have a very good running
I think you underestimate it though I agree it's not great. And NY's isn't about to dazzle. Jacobs is a wuss.

As has been said anything can happen. But I'll bbl to say told ya so. :wacko:

But I do love how most are counting out the patriots.

Yeah it seems everyone is but Vegas, which also assumes the betting public. Most people on these boards, and many analysts seem to think the Giants are going to win, yet vegas keeps the Pats at a 3 point favourite.

I think the Pats are going to win :wacko:

Edited by kevinkris

No he hasn't. He's just had a career year. Too bad it won't include a SB ring but then again career years for QBs (stats wise anyway) rarely do.

I think you underestimate it though I agree it's not great. And NY's isn't about to dazzle. Jacobs is a wuss.

As has been said anything can happen. But I'll bbl to say told ya so. :wacko:

Boy you sure seem to despise the Giants. Who's your team?

im so nervous about this game its not even funny

when you look at the line with the pats being favored...it says "the patriots outscored their opponents by 150 points(easiest schedule theyve ever had though...for once) and the giants were outscored by theirs....giants needed some minor miracles to get in there....giants had to play an extra game and have done alot of traveling"...

common football sense tells you the giants are a bad matchup for the patriots and that teams can run the table on the road from the wild card spot....in essence i believe using common football sense the g men should be favored here

the ravens have a decent pass rush....probably not as good as the giants....but the pats did a pretty good job containing it...aside from solder getting worked on one play by paul kruger....i dont know how matt light continues to do it...but hes still playing very well....obviously though hes going to be severly outmatched physically...the pats will have to find ways to slow the giants front down....get creative and try to use their aggressiveness against them in a few spots.........the giants secondary has alot of talent in it...rolle, ross, phillips all first round talents...webster a 2nd rounder...they are capable of playing well...especially if the rushers are doing their thing....the level of both of units play goes hand in hand

i agree with the poster...the 2007pats defense was better than this unit....i thought the 2007 defense played one of its better games in the superbowl too(i thought it was prob the best game adalius thomas played in a pats uni).....but this defense is coming around....losing andre carter really sucked.....but theyve gotten spikes and chung back....and it makes the unit a little harder to run on.....they started out real well against baltimore stuffing the run early....they slowed down and baltimore was able to pick up some chunks of yardage.....that scares me because bradshaw is a stong guy........but spikes is really playing well right now...i hope hes able to contain his emotion in this game....he could be a difference maker if the pats end up pulling this one off.....the obvious lack of anything in the secondary really scares any pats fan though(would have been nice to have had a healthy ras-i dowling for the year....and kyle arrington missed the afc title game)....were going to need vince to play like he did sunday...and were going to need a big contribution from mark anderson

the biggest problem i have...have had with the pats this year is simple....they simply dont have an outside receiver that can consistently beat man coverage....a guy you can count or depend on......deion branch is too old and worn down from injuries....if hes up agaisnt a physically superior corner(which is almost any corner) who knows how to play the position...hes pretty much useless.......you see the patriots, late in the afc title game, going for the jugular to matt slater...1st offensive snap all day for the guy......its just a shame really...they are able to win games in spite of it......but eventually its going to get them in a big game.....i think it did against the jets last year...and almost again against the ravens.....they really dont have one reliable receiver outside of the hashmarks....and when gronk and welker are taken out of a play...and you are able to get to tom...it really sucks they dont have someone that can make you pay...and im not talking about beating you deep....just someone who is able to get open consistenly

win or lose....i think there is a ton of room to improve for this pats team.....and thats pretty scary for a team whos accomplished what they have this year....i dont know how many teams that made the playoffs could improve like they can in the next few years.....even though tom is just about 35.....this defense can get much better.....they have two firsts and two 2nds...there is a ton of young talent from ridley, solder,marcus cannon, volmer, the tight ends, mayo, spikes, chung, mccourty, (hopefully dowling can stay healthy and show us something next year)....some relatively young guys who are hungry and trying to make names for themselves like ninko, bjge, brandon deaderick....and of course patriot hall of famers like welker, vince, matt light...who are still playing at a high level and may have some very good years still left in them

Boy you sure seem to despise the Giants. Who's your team?

Yeah I don't get this guy, seems to hate the Giants for some reason. He says your initial post is logical, but the Pats are still going to win, because they are easily the better team. Sorry but that is just :wacko:

Sorry this is so hard for some of you. Yeah I despise the Giants because I don't predict a SB win and even after saying that added "nobody would be happier than me to see that be wrong." Brilliant.

Unlike some I don't predict based on who I like or not. I simply don't see the superior NE team, a team known for rising to the occasion in big games, losing again to NY in the big one.