[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best QB Draft class ever?

godtomsatan

I think it is definitely in the conversation, but, still behind 1983

1983: John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino (All three are in the Hall of Fame, 10 Super Bowl Appearances, 2 Wins)

2004: Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger (5 Super Bowl Appearances, 4 Wins)

1983: John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino (All three are in the Hall of Fame, 10 Super Bowl Appearances, 2 Wins)

2004: Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger (5 Super Bowl Appearances, 4 Wins)

Actually 11 SB appearances. Also in the class of '83 Tony Eason (1 SB appearance), Todd Blackledge, and Ken O'brien. I'd say the class of '83 still leads.

Edited by CaptainHook

Phillip Rivers. :tup:

What's wrong with Philip Rivers? :wacko: 6 straight 3k seasons? 4 Pro Bowls? 66-33 as a starter? 3-4 in the playoffs?

Statistically, we shall see how they will all stack up at some point in the future, but these guys first eight years vs. that class' first eight years is pretty intriguing to compare.

too soon

by 2016 if we check back i think 2004 is right there with 83

+1 to soon to tell but the 2004 class has already won more superbowls so they could take the title....Big Ben being a perv is really going to hurt is legacy though.

Edited by Tally

Are we going to credit '04 with Matt Schaub (3rd round) as well? No SBs etc but definitely at least as good as Ken O'Brien (who is for some reason waaayyy overhated).

What's wrong with Philip Rivers? :wacko: 6 straight 3k seasons? 4 Pro Bowls? 66-33 as a starter? 3-4 in the playoffs?

Statistically, we shall see how they will all stack up at some point in the future, but these guys first eight years vs. that class' first eight years is pretty intriguing to compare.

So yardage wise he's 04's Ken O'Brien. He simply can't close the deal. 13-3 one and done at home, 14-2 one and done at home. So playoff wise he's 04's Marino. Is it his coach's fault? Perhaps but he needs to make something happen besides running up a bunch of regular season wins or Archie Manning will really look prescient. :tup:

So yardage wise he's 04's Ken O'Brien. He simply can't close the deal. 13-3 one and done at home, 14-2 one and done at home. So playoff wise he's 04's Marino. Is it his coach's fault? Perhaps but he needs to make something happen besides running up a bunch of regular season wins or Archie Manning will really look prescient. :wacko:

Yardage wise, he's Jim Kelly, or better. O'Brien had 4 3k+ seasons, 2 in a row was his tops. 2x Pro Bowler. So he had Marino and Elway to contend with for that honor? Rivers has had Manning and Brady. You're being disingenuous with the quality of Rivers' career to this point. If they let Curtis Martin in the HOF, they'll let Rivers in with three or four more good seasons.

Yardage wise, he's Jim Kelly, or better. O'Brien had 4 3k+ seasons, 2 in a row was his tops. 2x Pro Bowler. So he had Marino and Elway to contend with for that honor? Rivers has had Manning and Brady. You're being disingenuous with the quality of Rivers' career to this point. If they let Curtis Martin in the HOF, they'll let Rivers in with three or four more good seasons.

No, they most certainly won't, unless he wins a ring. The depth at QB is as deep as it's ever been for the HoF. Right now, as of this era he is behind Brees, Rodgers, both Mannings and Brady. He's getting buried and if Tim Brown has to wait as the #5 WR all time at receptions-TDs-Yards, Rivers would have to have a better career statistically than Dan Marino if he doesn't get a ring and that simply ain't happening.

And I don't think the Chargers are anywhere near ready to win a Super Bowl, not with Norv Turner.

Quick Note - here's how goofy the QB #'s are: Kerry Collins is #10 all time in Attempts, completions and yards. He's 27th for TDs, but still he's # freaking 10 in the other 3 major categories. :wacko: So get back to me when he passes Kerry Collins. :tup:

Edited by Pope Flick

What's wrong with Philip Rivers? :wacko:6 straight 3k seasons? 4 Pro Bowls? 66-33 as a starter? 3-4 in the playoffs?

3K seasons are not anything to hang your hat on anymore.

Quick Note - here's how goofy the QB #'s are: Kerry Collins is #10 all time in Attempts, completions and yards. He's 27th for TDs, but still he's # freaking 10 in the other 3 major categories. :wacko: So get back to me when he passes Kerry Collins. :tup:

Same things could be said about Tim Brown and his all-time ranks. Or Curtis Martin for that matter. Their longevity is their greatest asset.

yardage wise, it's a LOT different era.

I realize it's across eras, so that pure stats don't necessarily qualify as legit, but find me a stat category where he doesn't rank among the best QB's in the league over the last 8 seasons that can compare across generations. I don't expect you do all the work, but the guy has a legit stat set that holds up among the best in the game.

Look here. I'm not saying he's a HOFer at this point, but I would certainly contend that if he's got about 3 or 4 more seasons of a high level of play in him, most definitely he can get himself in the discussion.