[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning's revelence going to another team: FF wise

tazinib1

I'm just gonna list the possible teams and I'm going to assume that Reggie Wayne follows in his coat tails.

Arizona Cardinals

Fitz

Wayne

TE? Nothing but closet cutter here. They need to upgrade the TE position in a big way.

Beannie The Weenie

Ryan Williams

Minus the TE, a fantastic fantasy landing spot

Miami Dolphins

Marshall

Wayne

Anthony Fasano

Reggie Bush

Daniel Thomas

Another great WR duo with a much better pass catching RB

Seattle Seahawks

Sidney Rice

Wayne

Zack Miller

Marshawn Lynch

He'd be in a dome at least. Not a fan but could be worse

Kansas City Chiefs

Bowe

Wayne

Tony Moeaki

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

I like this much better than the Seahawks and Dexter could finally have a place in the offense with Manning checking down

New York Jets

Holmes

Wayne

Dustin Keller

Shawn Greene

Joe McNight

All the in house bickering and sideline pouting would sure stop with Manning running the show.

Washington Redskins

S.Moss

Wayne

F.Davis

Roy Helu

Royster

Not a terribly bad landing spot, but again, there are much better options.

Manning will have the pick of the litter and us FF geeks are drooling over the possibilities.

Fire away!!!! :shades:

ETA: You can't fix BOLD errors? Good grief.

Edited by Big John
Fixed the bold errors

I can't wait to post the official Manning Cut and then the official Manning is an X threads

i mean because we can't have enough Manning threads...the same as we couldn't have enough Vick and Favre threads in the past.

Edited by keggerz

oh and the Seahawks don't play in a dome

:bag:

I can't wait to post the official Manning Cut and then the official Manning is an X threads

i mean because we can't have enough Manning threads...the same as we couldn't have enough Vick and Favre threads in the past.

Yeah...guess this wasn't relevant to anything. Might as well just delete it.

I didn't say it wasn't relevant, but it could have just as easily been posted in one of the other 150 Manning posts...oh and fwiw, read something on twitter that to paraphrase asked the question, "what is this new peyton manning cable channel that I am now getting" or something like that.

.oh and fwiw, read something on twitter that to paraphrase asked the question, "what is this new peyton manning cable channel that I am now getting" or something like that.

:lol:

damnit..that would have been a good header. Anyway...thought I'd start another one. Brings back Favre memories.

I'd add Baltimore and San Francisco to your list as slight possibilities. You can probably take the Seahawks off of your list. They still play in Seattle. A rain-soaked city a few states in any direction away from civilization. Hasn't exactly been a free agent magnet historically.

Edited by Seahawks21

Not on a "relevance" basis.

But until Manning can demonstrate that he can throw the ball like an NFL quarterback, this thread and the thousands of threads and articles on the topic are silly.

I saw an article the other day in which the author listed every NFL team and opined about the chances of Manning going to that team. Did you know that there is no chance that the Green Bay Packers are going to sign Manning? Apparently, they are content with some guy named Aaron Rodgers.

If Manning said that he wanted to go live in New Zealand for the rest of his life, I'd by him a ticket and drive him to the airport.

Edited by Furd

I have a strage inkling he ends up in San Francisco, playing for a former QB who will live vicariously thru Manning. If this happens, and Manning is anywhere near his former self, Vernon Davis could be to TE's what Graham/Gronk were this year.

On a side note, Dilfer chimed in last night and said something that is likely true and kinda funny: when Manning starts making his rounds visiting each team, evaluating their offenses/enviornment....it might be the first time in history that the player is smarter offensively than the two guys (head coach and OC) that he will be interviewing with.

I think that the redskins throw a ton of money at him and Fred Davis and Santana Moss value go through the roof

Moss had decent ppr numbers last year. Now add manning? Over 100 passes caught IMO.

I would think his legacy and chances of winning another SB are 10 times more important than money at this point. He's not going to play for an owner who couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight, I don't care how much money he throws around. And Manning is savvy enough to understand cap room and what other needs the team has. He'll take millions less if he thinks he can take a team over the threshold, and will factor in the supporting cast -- teammates, coaches, front office.

Also in the NFC east he'd be playing in cold weather against teams that are pretty tough most years, especially rushing the QB. Not sure if he would see it as a positive or negative to face Eli twice a year...but all things considered I just don't see it happening.

I've been saying it all along - he's going to ARIZONA. Up-and-coming defense, 1 great WR and 1 qualtiy WR. No real TE threat but maybe it's Manning that makes the TE and not the other way around. Young coach who was smart enough to adjust his offense around Kurt Warner's skills so I gotta assume he'd do the same for Manning.

He's not going to the Jets, KC, WAS, SEA or MIA imo.

Any chance Pierre Garcon follows Peyton?

My guess is no only because I can see Indy wanting a younger WR who can grow with Luck. I'm not buying the whole Peyton/Wayne combo either. Wayne is up there in age and unless he's willing to sign for a low dollar amount, I don't think any team going for Peyton is going to want to over-pay for an aging WR too. Again, just an educated guess by me which could be dead wrong.

Dungy says that he doesn't think Manning will go to an NFC East team (ie Redskins) because he doesn't want to be competing with Eli for the division title/playoff spot every year.

Manning competes. I don't think he cares where he plays, as long as he has a chance to win come January/Febuary.