[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

I guess the old thread got purged out......some damn good performances tonight. This final group is proving to be pretty good. My favorites are definitely Phillip Phillips & Colton Dixon. They both have been very good throughout the entire competition. No one was bad tonight.

There is still something missing from the judges. They need someone like Jimmy Ivine to judge as well.....they need a brutally honest voice. He gives his brutally honest opinion during the next night's show, but, I'd like to hear it after they sing.

This isn't going to be an easy final 9 to cut down from....I too like Colton and Phillip and think they did very well tonight, two of the best actually....like Holly a lot too but have a feeling she could be in trouble....I think DeAndre & Heejun are the two easy ones to cut out first but there is no denying they both did a good job tonight, especially DeAndre....my bottom 3 tonight is probably (no particular order), Joshua (sorry but I thought it was a mess, yes he can sing, but I didn't like it at all), Jessica Sanchez (she too can sang but it just didn't feel right to me) & Heejun (it might just be me but there are times I can hear his accent when he sings)...now with all that said, this week I don't think anyone is going home...why? because I think the judges are going to need to use their save.

Edited by keggerz

Great field this year. I disagreed with the cut last week, the lady who dyed her hair black. I thought she sang really well and it's probably her being a little older that did her in. It's not like she could win the whole thing, I just thought she was stronger than Heejun and the other two I can't stand, the flamer with the curly hair and the 18-year-old from Mississippi who looks like she's 30 and only sings country.

I'm rooting for Phillips but I think Colton, Joshua Ledet and Jessica are really strong too. The chick who did the Zeppelin song blew me away too, but I don't think she's got the staying power.

I can't put my finger on it, but I just can't stand Jessica Sanchez. No denying the talent, for sure. I just can't warm up to her at all.

Very talented for sure, but I don't know if it's enough to overcome her horrendous face.

I like Colton and Philip but regardless who wins, one of them or someone else, I think an actual band with Colton and Philip might be a pretty cool act if they were able to blend their styles.

So many Idol contestants do their own thing to very ho-hum response. I'm kind of surprised none of them have ever gotten together and actually formed a group and tried to make a go of it that way.

Like Scotty and Alaina last year - a duo country act may have some legs. Granted Scotty is probably contractually tied to being a solo act due to winning, but I could see something like that having some legs commercially.

• 1 month later...

For once, I think that the guy I've been rooting for since hollywood week is going to win this thing. I think Phillip Phillips has a great career ahead of him. His rendition of Bob Seeger's "We've Got Tonight" was fantastic.

This is the first time I really do not care who wins and I may be not watching next year. Phillips just has never done it for me other than be a Joe Cocker wannabe and he has never accepted any advice and help from the judges. And yet, his best song was last night that was chosen for him. Jessica should have remained booted weeks ago. There is nothing unique there. She sings well but mainly as a great karaoke singer. She can mimic them all but there is no her.

Phillips will win and become the sixth straight young white male. Phillips is just the next David Cook/Kris Allen/Lee Dewyze/ Scott McCreary. If you do not have the preteen girl vote, you simply will not win. That is only getting worse.

This is the first time I really do not care who wins and I may be not watching next year. Phillips just has never done it for me other than be a Joe Cocker wannabe and he has never accepted any advice and help from the judges. And yet, his best song was last night that was chosen for him. Jessica should have remained booted weeks ago. There is nothing unique there. She sings well but mainly as a great karaoke singer. She can mimic them all but there is no her.

Phillips will win and become the sixth straight young white male. Phillips is just the next David Cook/Kris Allen/Lee Dewyze/ Scott McCreary. If you do not have the preteen girl vote, you simply will not win. That is only getting worse.

PP will sell more albums in his first year than all the other young white males will in their entire careers, combined. People would pay to see him live just doing covers, let alone when he starts recording his own songs. HUGH career ahead of him. HUGH!!

I agree with this sentiment and I think McCreary especially was an annoyingly shmaltzy one-trick pony, really a parody of country music in a way. Except I think Phillips is head and shoulders above the rest of these guys and will have a successful career. But your assessment of the voting is spot-on.

I saw them referenced as WGWG's (White Guys With Guitars)...

as for the Bob Seeger song I thought he looked completely nervous, uncomfortable and uninterested while singing it...don't think it was nearly one of his best...I like him, but pretty much hated him doing that song...I thought the M20 song had a pretty high level of difficulty and think he did that 100 times better

PP will sell more albums in his first year than all the other young white males will in their entire careers, combined. People would pay to see him live just doing covers, let alone when he starts recording his own songs. HUGH career ahead of him. HUGH!!

If PP was so good, then why was he just another dive bar band? I just don't see it. I will give him kudos for being original and that counts. But who wants to watch someone sing in pain? He'll just be another name you cannot remember by this time next year.

If PP was so good, then why was he just another dive bar band? I just don't see it. I will give him kudos for being original and that counts. But who wants to watch someone sing in pain? He'll just be another name you cannot remember by this time next year.

There is no accounting for taste. I couldn't begin to name all the musicians that have successful careers that absolutely baffle me.

I agree with this sentiment and I think McCreary especially was an annoyingly shmaltzy one-trick pony, really a parody of country music in a way. Except I think Phillips is head and shoulders above the rest of these guys and will have a successful career. But your assessment of the voting is spot-on.

I agree with this assessment and think that PP has a great career ahead of him once he starts doing his own songs. He has shown some real talent in his arrangements. Whether he wins or not I think he has a great career ahead of him.

Jessica Sanchez is only sixteen and has an amazing voice. TO me she showed great interpretive skills when she sang "Dance with My Father". THe right people could take her under their wings and she could have a great career.

One thing about this show that baffled me was with all the coaches and mentors around it took so long to give Holly advice about her stage presence which most audiences recognized right away.

Of all the contestants I thought Skylar had the greatest stage presence and was the most entertaining.