[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL draft talk official thread

Big John

lol

Do some research on Sorgi and Painter and get back to us. Manning is not a magician.

The announcers are making it sound like playing behind Peyton Manning is a golden ticket.

I can find QBs drafted much later that played behind other starting QBs (Tom Brady - Matt Cassel 7th round) that also didn't have a great pedigree that are or have been starters. None of Manning's back ups have ever done anything, I don't understand how they are making the leap to say playing behind him can be a boon.

The Steelers have finally decided to commit to making their offensive line a strength again. With Pouncey cemented, Gilbert showing potential, and now their first two picks on O-Line, they could be building a dominant O-Line. I think they now realize that if they want "Big Drama" to have a decent length career, they need to keep him upright. Yes, he causes some sacks by holding onto the ball, but, their O-line has also been weak. I'm happy with the 1st two picks.

The announcers are making it sound like playing behind Peyton Manning is a golden ticket.

I can find QBs drafted much later that played behind other starting QBs (Tom Brady - Matt Cassel 7th round) that also didn't have a great pedigree that are or have been starters. None of Manning's back ups have ever done anything, I don't understand how they are making the leap to say playing behind him can be a boon.

Yeah, but do you give credit to Drew Bledsoe for Brady? I know Brady participated in meetings when he was hurt and Cassel took over. Maybe it works better in the Patriots system to backup QB's

Generally, I think it's a myth that the starting QB mentors the backup. It's like saying the President and Vice-President are friends.

Edited by electricrelish

Gag. What an awful f*cking pick with a bunch of impact defensive players left on the board.

This is hwat you are forced to do when you get Manning and have literally nothing behind him.

:lol: at Osweiler developing behind Manning and with Elway. QBs behind Manning don't get meaningful snaps in practice. They wallow.

Just another draftnik. Did you like the pick? I thought it was too early.

I think they forced their own hands. And make no mistake - Osweiler is a project. I saw him play a few times and he's raw. If Manning can't go for any reason, DEN has no chance with he and Hanie as backups.

And with the DT choice they made earlier, I don't know if they've made a pick yet that will improve the team one iota this season.