[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Men's Boxers ( old style to the knee )

MustOfBeenDrunk

Men's long boxers , I have searched everywhere and all the men's boxer they make today look more like Daisy Dukes than boxers , I have found the ones that are form fitting like short thermals but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for old fashion boxers that come to or just above the knee. Walmart or Kmart used to sell Joe Boxer brand that where long but even the brand Joe boxer no longer sells the long ones. If any of you guys know where to find them let me know.

I used to feel comfortable walking around the house wearing just my boxers but they way they are made now not only is it uncomfortable it can also get embarrassing if you sit down wearing these short drawers and find yourself on display :tdown:

I always go to JC Penney's or Macy's. Boxers have gone up in price, I have noticed. I only buy the ones that don't have tags and are not itchy in the waistband. If there is one thing I hate it is a boxer short that rides up.

But does Penney's or Macy's offer longer ones or the Daisy Duke style ?

I have looked at both and had no luck the last time I was there

My wife buys my drawers so I don't have an opinion, but I fully support ya'll's right to marry whomever you choose.

My wife has already bought our house , both my motorcycles and my last (3) cars

When I told her about your comment she said she doesn't buy them for me because she prefers when I don't wear them , but with all of the girls she brings by to spend the night I just feel more comfortable wearing boxers from time to time , those girlfriends of hers can get real nasty ,, they think every night should be party night

Seems the opposite of the trend in length of regular shorts. I remember when shorts were just that, short. Now it's hard to find a pair that don't go several inches past your knees (especially if you're a little short).

If there is one thing I hate it is a boxer short that rides up.

This. I go with boxer-briefs for this exact reason (you just gotta get them maybe one size too big so they're more boxer than brief and not restricting), but I can't stand boxer shorts that ride up to where some will even creep above the belt-line.

Hmmmm, I guess I'm a little too young to remember boxers that come down to your knees, but seems like those would be much less prone to riding up. Maybe that will become the new style, for kids to have their boxers hanging out of the bottom of their shorts, rather than above their pants hanging off their asses..

Seems the opposite of the trend in length of regular shorts. I remember when shorts were just that, short. Now it's hard to find a pair that don't go several inches past your knees (especially if you're a little short).

I will never understand the skinny jeans or daisy dukes shorts for guys, unless it's purely because chicks like them. I got a pair of boot-cut jeans recently that were borderline skinny jeans, and didn't realize how annoying it'd be to try to have literally anything in the pockets.

The baggy skater jeans I used to wear did look stupid, but I'll be damned if they weren't comfortable. Same goes for the shorts to the knees. I have no desire to show off thighs (or like he said, some brain hanging out).

I will never understand the skinny jeans or daisy dukes shorts for guys, unless it's purely because chicks like them. I got a pair of boot-cut jeans recently that were borderline skinny jeans, and didn't realize how annoying it'd be to try to have literally anything in the pockets.

The baggy skater jeans I used to wear did look stupid, but I'll be damned if they weren't comfortable. Same goes for the shorts to the knees. I have no desire to show off thighs (or like he said, some brain hanging out).

Its just what I grew up with, in the 70s during school years, shorts were short (look at old NBA footage). I don't want to wear daisy dukes but I also don't want to wear shorts that are only about 3 inches from being long pants. Shorts to me, should be no longer than the knee, otherwise why not just wear long pants.(I wear shorts to be comfortable in hot weather, so I want more air circulating around my body.)

These are basically all I wear now. Cool and comfortable. No, they're not long, but they're long enough to prevent bat wings and they breathe, which makes them great for the hot summers of NC. I find that snug but breathable boxer-briefs is the best of all worlds. Snug so that all your junk stays separate but as airy as traditional boxers.

I also never pay $10 each for them because I keep getting coupons from this website that gives me another 30-40% off, so it's more like $7. I understand that you can find skivies cheaper than that, but I can't go back.

Outside of some swim trunks on the market, I'm not seeing any shorts that are even close to resembling Daisy Dukes, even if you account for a little hyperbole. Beyond that, I agree with Steve on this. I'm not looking to rock John Stocktons, but I do prefer my shorts to hit me above the knee.

As far as jeans are concerned, I don't have to worry about skinny jeans because I'd never be able to pull them up past my thighs if I wanted to. However, I find super baggy jeans to be really uncomfortable. A well fititing pair of jeans, perhaps with a bit of stretch to it (which is a nice new touch) is perfect. Jeans were traditionally designed to be reasonably form fitting and I think that's how it should be. As far as being so baggy that they hang off your hip-bone, that's just the freaking worst. Always having to reach down and pull your chight up.

those old fashion boxers are comfortable but they dont support your nuggets. You pretty much sit on your balls when you wear those. I wear the calvin Klein cotton ones.length goes to top of thigh and they have the egg holder in the front

Outside of some swim trunks on the market, I'm not seeing any shorts that are even close to resembling Daisy Dukes, even if you account for a little hyperbole. Beyond that, I agree with Steve on this. I'm not looking to rock John Stocktons, but I do prefer my shorts to hit me above the knee.

:lol: My friends and I use Stockton as the benchmark for short shorts too. Too funny

those old fashion boxers are comfortable but they dont support your nuggets. You pretty much sit on your balls when you wear those. I wear the calvin Klein cotton ones.length goes to top of thigh and they have the egg holder in the front

Exactly. The few pairs that I still have I pretty much just sleep in now.

As far as jeans are concerned, I don't have to worry about skinny jeans because I'd never be able to pull them up past my thighs if I wanted to. However, I find super baggy jeans to be really uncomfortable. A well fititing pair of jeans, perhaps with a bit of stretch to it (which is a nice new touch) is perfect. Jeans were traditionally designed to be reasonably form fitting and I think that's how it should be. As far as being so baggy that they hang off your hip-bone, that's just the freaking worst. Always having to reach down and pull your chight up.

Na, I didn't mean like daisy dukes today, but how they used to wear them (unless you're going for the frat boy look. They must get those from the kid's section).

True on the jeans though. A good pair of boot-cut jeans so they fit over my shoes, and I'm money...

(ETA: also with the shorts, I'm not into super long ones three inches below the knee, but they gotta hit right around the knee for me to be comfortable in them).

Edited by delusions of granduer

Na, I didn't mean like daisy dukes today, but how they used to wear them (unless you're going for the frat boy look. They must get those from the kid's section).

Gotcha, like the old OP shorts. Those things were short as hell.

But does Penney's or Macy's offer longer ones or the Daisy Duke style ?

I have looked at both and had no luck the last time I was there

Yes, the have the long ones in their own brand

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=16ac62b&DeptID=70673&CatID=71063&SO=0&Ne=5+29+3+15+8+1545&x5view=1&NOffset=0&N=4294950681&Nao=42&PSO=0&bcCat=3&CmCatId=70673|71063

(Stafford Essentials Comfort Waistband Boxer).

http://www.jcpenney....tId=70673|71063

They are on their website. Plus, I think they sell the Joe Boxer Brand, still.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Yes, the have the long ones in their own brand

(Stafford Essentials Comfort Waistband Boxer).

They are on their website. Plus, I think they sell the Joe Boxer Brand, still.

Thank you sir ,,, exactly what I have been looking for and just ordered several pairs on line , after putting my zip code in the nearest store search that carried them I was shocked to find that none in my area carried them , closest was an hour away. Not sure why so many JCP's carry them just not in my area ?

Anyways I have them on order so thanks again for the help ,,, have to love the Huddle ,, doesn't matter the subject you can always count on getting some help here in the Tail Gate :tup::clap::clap::clap:

Anyways I have them on order so thanks again for the help ,,, have to love the Huddle ,, doesn't matter the subject you can always count on getting some help here in the Tail Gate :tup::clap::clap::clap:

I wouldn't go around trumpeting the fact that you got some underwear advice from a bunch of guys on the internet.