[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moving on Up......

Big John

Loved that show. I actually started calling my wife Weezie when we first got married, because "we were moving on up", and it stuck. My parents and brother call her Weezie more than they call her by her real name.

I remember reading somewhere that as the show The Jeffersons progressed Sherman started to get into arguments with the higher-ups because he didn’t like how his character George was continually being portrayed. CBS wanted to keep the racial undertone but Sherman felt that as the story lines started to develop the friendship between George and Tom it no longer made sense for George to refer to Tom as a “honkey”. I think CBS saw the light because I do remember the George and Tom characters being more like chums than adversaries during the later years.