[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner arrested for DUI, speeding

stethant

If he is guilty, Goodell will suspend him, which in turn will give Jaquizz his shot to show he is the future.

Really? Suspended for a a first-time offense DUI? I doubt it.

On another note, Dajizz didn't look anything close to being ready for prime-time last night....it was my first time to really sit and watch a Falcons game in some time, and I wasn't uber-impressed with what he did when given the chance. :shrug:

Assuming this is Turner's first driving award? If so he's not likely to be suspended. A quick google of 'nfl suspensions for dui' shows that dui's are typically handled under the substance abuse policy and a first offense is usually just a fine. Chances are the legal process will be put off until after the season anyway...

The only fantasy implications from this would be if the team decides to sit him for a quarter or half or something like that...

why should he not be suspended just cause it's his first? DUI's are really really serious, it only takes one DUI to kill a family of 4. I think as a society and in the NFL we take DUI's way to lightly. I mean the guy has a 4,000 pound weapon at his disposal.

why should he not be suspended just cause it's his first?

I tend to agree with this, but only Arthur Blank's answer matters. Basically the NFL is shaping up to be a league where breaking the law is tolerated on some sliding scale. I would be in favor of team suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team, if the teams would have the cajones to police themselves.

The problem is Goodell has been all stick and no carrot, so he has no goodwill, or wiggle room, or whatever you want to call it, to try and shape the league into putting its best public relations foot forward.

why should he not be suspended just cause it's his first? DUI's are really really serious, it only takes one DUI to kill a family of 4. I think as a society and in the NFL we take DUI's way to lightly. I mean the guy has a 4,000 pound weapon at his disposal.

see Kenny Britt

Now it gets serious when killing somebody - that's a whole EIGHT game suspension (at least it was for Leonard Little).

in relations to this development, what are people seeing out of Jacquizz to make them think he is gona do anything even if he starts? I see opinions that he is going to be the Sproles type but I saw much of nothing from him last nite to suggest that minus that one 3rd down play where he didn't even catch the ball.

Did Donte Stallworth get suspended for 8 games for his driving that killed somebody? I think it was him

Stallworh definitely was involved in a DUI resulting in death I forget a lot of the details but did follow the story at the time as he was a Brown. I believe the suspension was pretty small. That was partially based on the criminal case which found the victim partially at fault for crossing a busy street outside of the intersection/crosswalk.