[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Site Issues Resolved

WJW

A very quick status on the site as we are all extremely busy dealing with this issue.

The server that houses our website had a disk failure last night that required a hardware fix. That fix uncovered an issue with our file structure that has resulted in all of our data to be inaccessible. Basically we've had a complete meltdown of our system. Currently our hosting support team is working quickly to get us up and running on a new system. This will require a lot of work and will likely take several hours to complete.

We understand fully that this is a critical time for our members and are doing everything in our power to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please accept our sincere and deeply felt apology for this. The Huddle is our life, and our livelihood. This hurts us personally more that you know. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you posted.

UPDATE

We were able to put together some cheat sheets and top 200's for those that need them. Just click here.

TUESDAY MORNING UPDATE:

Well as this nightmare continues, there are currently 2 senior techs working on correcting what appears to be faulty recovery work done by the crew yesterday. So my hope is we will be breaking out of this perfect storm of bad situations soon. Unfortunately there is no way to get any ETA's established due to the nature of the work having to be done. If what they try next works, we're up. If not it's on to the next possible fix. So it remains a fluid process.

THE LATEST:

The base site is up but we're still working through database issues. So anything connected to the database, which is a lot (news, login, cheat sheets, rankings, projections, etc.), is still offline. But progress is being made.

FINAL UPDATE

The site is now been fully restored to it's former glory. There may be a minor issue here or there, but we'll continue to review the site and Josh Gordon those out and get them fixed. As David and I have already said many times, we deeply apologize for this site outage and will do whatever we can to prevent a repeat. Now back to football!

What are the chances a Huddle staff member has a recent copy of the player rankings that could be included in an emergency newsletter to subscribers? It would at least give some hope to those who are woefully unprepared for draft day...

What are the chances a Huddle staff member has a recent copy of the player rankings that could be included in an emergency newsletter to subscribers? It would at least give some hope to those who are woefully unprepared for draft day...

Good idea, or perhaps a link to an ftp site where we could download a cheat sheet?

If possible you may want to consider re-linking your home page to this forum post. most people going directly to thehuddle.com have no clue what is happening not knowing the forum is up.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

Please make sure you require your hosting provider to have an SLA agreement and technology in place to recover quickly. They should have this clustered so it can fail over and a recovery solution that can do bare metal restores, quick snapshot restores, etc...

I know everyone at TheHuddle is probably working feverishly to get the site back up and running, but are there any updates on when we can expect the site to be back up? The season starts in 3 days and peeps got rosters to finalize. One of my favorite features of TheHuddle is the in season matchup analysis. Can we expect to have access to this information?

I realize the tech problems that must be going on and appreciate the availability to the cheat sheets. Is it possible for the admins to make a cheat sheet pdf available for people with the bye weeks on it? Draft is tonight and looking for everything I can get at this point. Thanks

As of 9:30am Central, the site seems to be back up and running -- yay. However, the draft kit articles, standard formats and custom myHuddle, seem to not be available -- boo. Crossing my fingers for access before my 6:30pm draft.

David and others, we know this has caused you all lost sleep, headaches and ulcers. Thanks for your hard work to restore the website, we appreciate it. I'm sure this has been a horrible lesson in the importance of backup systems and you will ensure this doesn't happen again. Those of us who pay for your expertise and rely on your opinions don't like being forced to turn to info from ESPN, CBS, etc., that is worth every penny of it's free price.

Any way we can get the tiered rankings ?

The best I could tell, the tiers were not created by some formula, they were preset by position (I have a number of scoring systems set up, all had the exact same tiers, just some slight changes in players based on scoring tweaks) Perhaps DMD can comfirm this, but here are the tierings

QB -

Tier1 - Top 3

Tier 2 - 4-10

Tier 3 - 11-21

Tier 4 - 22-40

RB -

Tier 1 - 1-3

Tier 2 - 4-10

Tier 3 - 11-29

Tier 4 - 30+

WR -

Tier 1 - 1-7

Tier 2 - 8-14

Tier 3 - 15-30

Tier 4 - 31+

TE -

Tier 1 - 1

Tier 2 - 2-7

Tier 3 - 8-17

Tier 4 - 18+

Kicker -

Tier 1 - 1-3

Tier 2 - 4-12

Tier 3 - 13-21

Tier 4 - 22+

Defense -

Teir 1 - 1-3

Tier 2 - 4-11

Tier 3 - 12+

• Like 1

Timing sure sucked as my draft was today ... and surely you do not think the value of the Huddle boils down to cheat sheets. Draft day finds me referring to the analysis, player status, strength of schedule, etc etc. it really sucked not having that resource available at the time I needed it.

I agree with this 100%. Bye week filler tool, who to / not to reach for, etc. are all great, and I guess I take having access to this information for granted. My draft was yesterday at noon, and I got no help from The Huddle due to this problem. Thankfully I had my own Excel rendition of the cheat sheet with my league's scoring system, so I wasn't exactly dead in the water. But it frustrated me (and I'm sure many, many others) that I couldn't get to these resources that I pay money for on the one day of the year that I know I'll use them.

I would like to know two things:

What is being done to prevent this from happening in the future?

What do those who run The Huddle intend to do to make things right with the loyal customer base?

Thanks!

I would like to know two things:

What is being done to prevent this from happening in the future?

What do those who run The Huddle intend to do to make things right with the loyal customer base?

Thanks!

This is the first time in our 18 year history that this has ever happened and it was a perfect storm of hardware failures on an older box on a national holiday while it was being routinely maintained late Sunday night. It was unprecedented in how it happened and we will learn all we can from the experience but the problems all along have not been about building a new box, laying down a new OS with new hardware and loading files, it is trying to match up over 100 database tables, one the fly, hooked into the internet, establish FTP ability and so on. It is something you would never want to do during the busiest time of the year. Basically everything we have done to create the tools, customization, file reads, etc. over the last two decades has to be redone immediately on a new box. I am sick to my stomach over this. Whitney has not hardly slept in about 36 hours and there is a team of engineers working on it. It happened and we will learn all we can to prevent it in the future but there were already plans in place. Recreating the entirety of the site is not a matter of just copying files. it is something you would plan on taking weeks in the offseason if you had a choice.

As for making it right, have to think what is appropriate or even possible for this first monumental glitch in our history that is now a day and a half long. I would hope our track record would be considered. I understand and appreciate that members are not happy and that some were affected in some ways. We just need it all to get completely fixed and go from there.

Meanwhile, I have to write up all the games and do the projections in the middle of this.