[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The dumbest things that happened in your drafts thread.

Papa Deuce

The new guy drafted 5 buffalo bills with Buffalo DST... CJ, Jackson, Woods, Watkins and Ej. He also drafted Roddy White, Joique Bell and Jay Cutler. these 9 roster positions all share a week 9 bye. lol

There was a guy in my league that actually targeted guys with the week 9 bye. He put together a decent team, and his rationale was that he predominately didn't need to worry about winning that week. He said he should be able to put a strong team on the field almost every other week giving him a chance to win versus teams who may be down 1 or 2 good players on any given weeks. Granted, he is shotgunning to an extent and mostly has guys from Chicago, GB, & Atlanta, so he'll also live and dye by their scoring.

Granted, after looking at his lineup now. He really cannot field a legal team in week 9, so he'll need to make some moves, but if you can pull it off a good team and are not worried about going undefeated, not a bad strategy IMHO.

Edited by Big Dogs
  • Like 1

In a 1QB 12 team PPR, a guy didn't make it into the draft quite on time and the system gave him Rodgers at 1.09.

He then gets in, and proclaims "I have a QB available for trade." He then drafts Brees in rd 2. Must have a strong hate-on for Rodgers apparently, right?

He then takes the SEA DST in rd 3. but wait...there's more....

Then after the draft, he puts BREES on the trading block. :wacko:

This guy paid $30 to play in this league too. Now he's gotta choose to bench Rodgers or Brees every week until he can make a deal, he's gonna get raped. I'd happily attempt the rape but I already have Luck.

Edited by PPIchamp

My long-running money league at work was cancelled today as the commissioner didn't put enough effort into ensuring we had at least 10 ready for the scheduled draft(today after work). :furious:

Agree, totally inexcusable.

2 saturdays ago I walk into a yahoo draft and after the 2nd pick I was booted and never able to log back in to yahoo from my pc....I had to draft on my phone the rest of the way...after my 1st pick was taken from my personal list (Montee Ball) which was great except I wanted to go Demaryius because I am pretty sure these guys have no clue who Ball is...especially after ripping me for taking him....

Then comes Sunday... (the day after Saturday) and I have another Yahoo draft where I was randomly adding players to my queue so I didn't have to look later on and again....booted after the 2nd pick....I selected CJ Spiller at 1.06 :blink: ...I still turned out a solid draft but man that was a rough start and then I was booted permanently after the 11th round and had to make moves after the draft to get a keeker and other things..

Fark yahoo

Edited by Avernus

So yeah, some guy drafted Drew Brees with the 1.03 last night in a 12-teamer with typical (not overly QB-friendly) scoring. McCoy and Charles went 1-2, then Brees and Forte, leaving me with AP at 5. Thanks I guess. :blink:

I was drafting 6th in our 12 team Prime Time draft hoping like mad that someone would take Graham, Calvin, Peyton or Brees ahead of me and I'd get one of the 5 RB studs. (The league is slightly QB/TE friendly.) Alas, it was not to be. :sad:

How many leagues had both Gordon and Manziel drafted? Both went in ours, and it was a few rounds from the end. I guess both guys expected others to grab them, or felt they were really the best value. At least JF would have some chance of doing something this year. And I suppose either one could be of great value as a keeper in the future (no limit keeper rules, so a Gordon could be a key part of the guys team).

My theory on those guys is I'd rather wait and grab them some time later during the season, but then I guess I'd risk missing out them. But even with a deep bench (9 starters & 9 bench) I'm usually more inclined to use the roster spot for sleepers at the RB/WR spot, especially RB where I'm historically week. (My last 2 were CJ Anderson and Miles Austin.)

Last pick of the draft, an owner took Graham (he had no K) and several guys told him he was cut. I explained what I read here about Saints Kicker situation, especially how there's a better chance they bring back the other guy (not Graham). Then I read this morning that the Saints signed Graham.

How many leagues had both Gordon and Manziel drafted? Both went in ours, and it was a few rounds from the end. I guess both guys expected others to grab them, or felt they were really the best value. At least JF would have some chance of doing something this year. And I suppose either one could be of great value as a keeper in the future (no limit keeper rules, so a Gordon could be a key part of the guys team).

My theory on those guys is I'd rather wait and grab them some time later during the season, but then I guess I'd risk missing out them. But even with a deep bench (9 starters & 9 bench) I'm usually more inclined to use the roster spot for sleepers at the RB/WR spot, especially RB where I'm historically week. (My last 2 were CJ Anderson and Miles Austin.)

Last pick of the draft, an owner took Graham (he had no K) and several guys told him he was cut. I explained what I read here about Saints Kicker situation, especially how there's a better chance they bring back the other guy (not Graham). Then I read this morning that the Saints signed Graham.

Both went in my draft in the last two rounds, worth a punt at the time as rumours were that Gordon might miss just 8 games so even for half a season he'd likely be better than whatever roster filler you'd get.

Have no real hopes for Manziel but his scrambling ability means he has some value on certain weeks once he takes over as starter.

Both went in my draft in the last two rounds, worth a punt at the time as rumours were that Gordon might miss just 8 games so even for half a season he'd likely be better than whatever roster filler you'd get.

Have no real hopes for Manziel but his scrambling ability means he has some value on certain weeks once he takes over as starter.

Just like many in the media you believe its matter of WHEN not IF Manziel starts. If Hoyer remains healthy I could see him starting all year (even with mediocre results). JF is not ready to play in the NFL, he can barely call a play in the huddle.

Just like many in the media you believe its matter of WHEN not IF Manziel starts. If Hoyer remains healthy I could see him starting all year (even with mediocre results). JF is not ready to play in the NFL, he can barely call a play in the huddle.

Just my opinion that he'll get the chance either through injury or poor play, the Browns will want to see what they've got at some point but I've not been near drafting him myself.

Who supplied the juice and crackers for this event? :woot:

For real! This is usually one of my more competitive local leagues but there are a few people being total dumbasses. Not sure what's going on, but I'll take it :oops:

Edited by bud29

So yeah, some guy drafted Drew Brees with the 1.03 last night in a 12-teamer with typical (not overly QB-friendly) scoring. McCoy and Charles went 1-2, then Brees and Forte, leaving me with AP at 5. Thanks I guess. :blink:

Replace Brees with Manning and insert Graham at 5, and AP went 6th in my 12-teamer.

Replace Brees with Manning and insert Graham at 5, and AP went 6th in my 12-teamer.

Manning at least makes some sense given his record-breaking season last year .... but Brees? Could easily have been had in the 2nd. But maybe the guy just didn't think he'd last.

As for Graham, I had every intention of taking him at 5 but with AP staring me in the face I just couldn't pull the trigger on ol' Jimmers. I ended up taking Gronk in the 4th so if the dude stays healthy, should put up some excellent TE production.