[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The dumbest things that happened in your drafts thread.

Papa Deuce

a guy watched me take Gronk and Cameron back to back i rounds 5 and 6 and heckled me for having 2 TE's before I had 2 WR's. I reminded him that we could start a TE as our flex.

Once he realized this, he decided to emulate my "strategy" with Ertz and Reed. Not quite the same.

It actually helped though because people got scared of l the TE's falling off the board and several of the next picks were TE's, leaving me a better pool of players to choose from

Our long-time local re-draft league....

Taking Matt Prater and no other K (he's out for first four games).

Taking Josh Gordon in the 13th round (obviously out for season).

We have a tradition of yelling out "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!" all at once to the guy that either picks a player that has already been picked, which happened once of course, or when you pick a guy that's out. So we got three yells in our draft. So much fun.

Edited by heehawks

this isnt that crazy...but to me it kinda was....

im in a 10 team ppr high stakes league....competitive....most of the owners are good....theres a few i consider strong players....one of them drafted forte 4th overall.....its a 17 round draft....he took kadeem carey in the 12th to handcuff forte.....i dont even think carey has earned the backup job.....and i havent seen carey on anyones top 200 list

lets put it this way....if you really wanted him...it could have been done later....carey was not in danger of being drafted by anyone else.....i can honestly say that looking at the draft after that point there arent a hell of alot of guys i would have really wanted....but still....the handcuff paranoia had apparently set in

In a league of eagle fans, nick foles was the 4th qb off the board. Second pick of the 3rd round...

I had a guy literally do the same thing in my league a couple weeks ago. Took Foles with the 26th overall pick (3rd round). :bag:

In another league with some newbies, we had this one team start off with WR, TE, QB, but then drafted 4 more WR's before taking his first RB. Then went 5 RB's in a row. I was really confused by that strategy. Fortunately, this team is in my division, so I should be able to chalk up two wins right there. :wacko:

Yeah it was funny because before the draft I said "I'm sure of one thing, foles will go at least two rounds before he should"...even I was surprised at how early he was taken.

Also in a league of patriots homers, Brady went 11th overall. Before I even drafted a tight end, this noob selected jeremichael finley. That pick alone may top anything in this thread

• Like 2

Well a guy in my work league took Aaron Hernandez last year. After all the legal issues and was already sporting an orange jumpsuit.

Yup, won that league last year.... and despite only being at this job for 3 more days (:woot:), I'm in it again (drafting tonight). Easy money. :brow:

Someone in our league drafted Hakeem Nicks in the 4th round - before both T.Y. Hilton and Reggie Wayne. The same manager drafted Phillip Rivers in the 7th round, and Blake Bortles as his backup QB in the 8th round.

Sadly this guy isn't a noob either - he's been in this league for the 11 years I've been in it.

A guy took Geno Smith in the second round of my competitive league ($50 buy in). It's his first year of fantasy and he's a Jets fan but come on, the rankings are right in front of your face. He's in my division though so I'm not complaining.

One guy tried to take Finley but someone told him he is likely out of football, so he took someone else. Then, about a round later, one of the out of town guys who was drafting online took Finley.... :doh:

Also, Brady went in the 2nd round. :hscratch:

Edited by BA Baracus

One guy tried to take Finley but someone told him he is likely out of football, so he took someone else. Then, about a round later, one of the out of town guys who was drafting online took Finley.... :doh:

Also, Brady went in the 2nd round. :hscratch:

Yeah the finley pick was mind boggling. No humor intended but when the pick was made I honestly said to myself "didn't he break his neck"

We have a tradition of yelling out "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!" all at once to the guy that either picks a player that has already been picked, which happened once of course, or when you pick a guy that's out. So we got three yells in our draft. So much fun.

I have one league were we do something similar. It is hosted at a local bar and we put up a spreadsheet on the projector. We only do it for players that are already picked. First time you are ridiculed. The spreadsheet that we use has this huge pop up that everyone can see so everyone is aware when you pick a player that is already chosen. 2nd time it happens you buy a round for those that are at the draft in person.