[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crowell

Shorttynaz

I don't think the Browns figured West and Crowell would be this good. Hard to say what they do with Tate when he's healthy.

Except they're paying Tate a lot more than the other two, so they may as well give him his chance to be the bell cow again before they bench him in favor of West or Crowell. That's a move they'd make after the season methinks, not during.

via Rotoworld, Tate: Signed a two-year, $6.2 million contract. The deal contains $2.5 million guaranteed -- a $1.5 million signing bonus and Tate's first-year base salary. Tate is eligible for an annual $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses in each season. Another $1.5 million is available through incentives based on rushing yards. 2014: $1 million, 2015: $2.2 million, 2016: Free Agent

Edited by keggerz

Except they're paying Tate a lot more than the other two, so they may as well give him his chance to be the bell cow again before they bench him in favor of West or Crowell. That's a move they'd make after the season methinks, not during.

I don't disagree. I'm holding Crowell (if I can through the byes) because Tate is always dinged...he'll miss more time. Patience

I didn't say that Tate will be benched, but the Browns are not going to play him just because of a big salary. If the others are doing as well or better, why mess with that. Plus like somebody else said, he'll be dinged up again.

Manziel is making double what Hoyer is, does that mean he should be starting too (I know many think he should, or will, but I'll remain hopeful that they play the guys who give them a chance to win, not because of salary or media pressure).

Looks like Crowell might be moving up in the pecking order... Nothing definitive but Rotoworld posted this a short while ago, and it suggests Crowell has earned #2 on the depth chart: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-notebook-quarterbacks-coach-dowell-loggains-gushes-over-rookie-backup-johnny-manziel-s-development-1.525540

Looks like Crowell might be moving up in the pecking order... Nothing definitive but Rotoworld posted this a short while ago, and it suggests Crowell has earned #2 on the depth chart: http://www.ohio.com/...opment-1.525540

Just read that. If Tate can stay healthy, this whole backfield is going to cannibalize itself for fantasy purposes. There can only be two or its just split too many ways.

Want the Crow to emerge though, guy could put up some serious numbers if he got 20 carries/game.

Edited by hardway

Looks like Crowell might be moving up in the pecking order... Nothing definitive but Rotoworld posted this a short while ago, and it suggests Crowell has earned #2 on the depth chart: http://www.ohio.com/...opment-1.525540

Curious what the crux of the article was, cannot read it stupid local Akron paper went to a pay site and even though I don't recall using it in a while it tells me I've reached my 7 free articles for this month.

I did read somewhere else that Crowell practiced with the first team instead of West, and that could be interpreted as passing him on the depth chart, or it could just be them wanting him to get more work with the first team. They are off this weekend so they're not preparig for a game. Another thread here had a news blurb about it

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/422971-ben-tate-outterrance-west/page__st__25#entry3984100

Also found this story while searching for some news about the Browns RB situation

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/09/24/cleveland-browns-ben-tate-will-have-to-earn-his-job-back/

Running back rotation

Running backs coach Wilbert Montgomery expects Ben Tate to return to his starting role once he returns from a sprained right knee, but undrafted rookie Isaiah Crowell seems destined to receive a heavier workload.

“That’s what we brought Tate here for, to be the starter,” Montgomery said. “He’s the No. 1 running back in this offense. Right now, you can say we miss him. We miss his experience. We miss his leadership with the group. Speaking from that standpoint, we’ll be open arms and welcome to have Ben back into the fold.”

Tate was hurt in the season opener. Terrance West, a third-round pick in this year’s draft, has started in his place. Crowell has served as the No. 2 back.

But Crowell took the first reps in individual drills during the portion of Wednesday’s practice open to the media. West went second. Tate rode a stationary bike instead of practicing.

“I’m eager for more,” said Crowell, who has 27 carries for 141 yards (5.2 average) and three touchdowns. ... “I’m ready for it.”

Browns coach Mike Pettine suggested Crowell’s request will be met.

“If a guy’s been productive, you find ways to get him on the field more,” Pettine said. “That’s a good problem to have. When you have a back, who before the season you weren’t factoring in on being a big part of what you’re doing, and he’s being productive, you find ways to get him out there.”