[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

Greetings Irish,

Let me start by apologising for this extra long post but I have a couple of questions that require some explanation. I am in an 8 team Standard Scoring 2QB league and I drafted as follows;

1.Aaron Rodgers, 2.Carson Palmer, 3.Brandon Marshall, 4.Matt Forte, 5.Amari Cooper, 6.Jeremy Maclin, 7.Coby Fleener, 8.Jordan Matthews, 9.DeAngelo Williams, 10.David Johnson (Keeper), 11.Tyrod Taylor, 12.Charles Sims, 13.Jordy Nelson (Keeper), 14.Sterling Shephard, 15.New England Patriots, 16.Chandler Catanzaro.

I have since dropped Jordan Matthews for Tajae Sharpe and then dropped Sharpe for Justin Forsett. I am regretting this last move and seriously thinking of going back and dropping Forsett for Sharpe. Funchess is also available but I'm not sure who I would drop to pick him up.

Our league has introduced a new rule this year requiring us to nominate a "Franchise Player" before the season start. The franchise player can not be dropped or traded, under any circumstances, throughout the season and must be drafted next year in the same round as this year. This is on top of our two keepers we already have. I was originally thinking of taking a risk on Coby Fleener but recent reports have made me nervous. David Johnson probably appears to be the obvious choice but our keepers move forward two rounds in the draft each season so keeping DJ next year would only be a round 8 pick.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance for the help!

Should I sell on Langford before season?

I was originally really high on him when I drafted him, but am now slowly feeling less confident in how his season will play out. I feel like I'm pretty solid across the board, but am pondering if I should try to package him with maybe Crabtree or Decker and get another high value WR or RB. Your thoughts?

I have the # 2 pick in 3 drafts between today and tomorrow. All some sort of PPR leagues. I'm leaning towards OBJ over Julio but would you take the same guy across the board or diversify?

I understand the idea of wanting to diversify because of injury, etc, however, if you believe that a player is better than another, than take him. Personally, I'd be taking Julio.

Greetings Irish,

Let me start by apologising for this extra long post but I have a couple of questions that require some explanation. I am in an 8 team Standard Scoring 2QB league and I drafted as follows;

1.Aaron Rodgers, 2.Carson Palmer, 3.Brandon Marshall, 4.Matt Forte, 5.Amari Cooper, 6.Jeremy Maclin, 7.Coby Fleener, 8.Jordan Matthews, 9.DeAngelo Williams, 10.David Johnson (Keeper), 11.Tyrod Taylor, 12.Charles Sims, 13.Jordy Nelson (Keeper), 14.Sterling Shephard, 15.New England Patriots, 16.Chandler Catanzaro.

I have since dropped Jordan Matthews for Tajae Sharpe and then dropped Sharpe for Justin Forsett. I am regretting this last move and seriously thinking of going back and dropping Forsett for Sharpe. Funchess is also available but I'm not sure who I would drop to pick him up.

Our league has introduced a new rule this year requiring us to nominate a "Franchise Player" before the season start. The franchise player can not be dropped or traded, under any circumstances, throughout the season and must be drafted next year in the same round as this year. This is on top of our two keepers we already have. I was originally thinking of taking a risk on Coby Fleener but recent reports have made me nervous. David Johnson probably appears to be the obvious choice but our keepers move forward two rounds in the draft each season so keeping DJ next year would only be a round 8 pick.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance for the help!

Personally, I would keep Forsett as you need more help at RB imo. I'd also franchise David Johnson for sure.

Should I sell on Langford before season?

I was originally really high on him when I drafted him, but am now slowly feeling less confident in how his season will play out. I feel like I'm pretty solid across the board, but am pondering if I should try to package him with maybe Crabtree or Decker and get another high value WR or RB. Your thoughts?

I think you should give Langford a shot ad he should finish as a top 20 RB. However, almost every player is tradable. You hands to ask yourself, what teams would be willing to trade with you and what players are you targeting?

Week 1 - Osweiler against the Bears (missing their top three corners) or Dalton against the Jets (missing Eifert)?

I'd roll Brock out there this week.

Not sure how much experience you have with FAAB, but...

Rashad was dropped and I am weak at Rb. $200 budget. How much would you bid. Right now I have $3 bid. Tajae Sharpe just went for $5 where another owner bid $2. Don't base it on this though. (Only other waiver pickup so far)

Very familiar, however, a lot has to do with how active and aggressive other owners are in your league and how much you need RB help. However, I'd throw out about $35-40.

OK Irish... You've been very helpful the last 2 seasons with everyone's questions. How about this one:

My last draft of the season. 12-team Standard scoring (Non PPR). We play 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, plus a flex (RB, WR, TE)

We have a roster limit of 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 3 QBs.

What to pick at #1?

Antonio Brown (or other WR)

Todd Gurley (should be the heavy focus in LA)

David Johnson

If this were PPR, I'd be 100% Brown. But this is non PPR. This league is a bit more RB heavy early than most PPR leagues.

OK Irish... You've been very helpful the last 2 seasons with everyone's questions. How about this one:

My last draft of the season. 12-team Standard scoring (Non PPR). We play 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, plus a flex (RB, WR, TE)

We have a roster limit of 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 3 QBs.

What to pick at #1?

Antonio Brown (or other WR)

Todd Gurley (should be the heavy focus in LA)

David Johnson

If this were PPR, I'd be 100% Brown. But this is non PPR. This league is a bit more RB heavy early than most PPR leagues.

In a non-ppr, I'd take Gurley at #1. Johnson at 2.

Edited by irish

whats going on man. just finished drafting. hows my team looking? 10 team standard with the 1st overall pick

1st overall pick..what yall think?

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Gurley

RB: Martin

WR: Cooks

WR: Edelman

TE: Julius Thomas

FLEX1: Foster

FLEX2: Maclin

Oakland D

Denver K

BENCH

Josh Gordon

Tevin Coleman

Michael Thomas

Alfred Morris

Charles Sims

Stefon Diggs

whats going on man. just finished drafting. hows my team looking? 10 team standard with the 1st overall pick

1st overall pick..what yall think?

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Gurley

RB: Martin

WR: Cooks

WR: Edelman

TE: Julius Thomas

FLEX1: Foster

FLEX2: Maclin

Oakland D

Denver K

BENCH

Josh Gordon

Tevin Coleman

Michael Thomas

Alfred Morris

Charles Sims

Stefon Diggs

Pretty solid team, would love to see a better TE but I think you'll be competitive. However, most teams in 10 team leagues are stacked. GL!

Hi, Irish. Your help is always appreciated.

This is about C-Mike, and I'm wondering if I should start him over any of my current RB. I actually have him in two leagues, so I'll ask the question twice:

16-team PPR league:

Start C-Mike over Woodhead or D. Murray (M. Jones is an afterthought in this one)? I do have a flex option, but we only play 2 WR and a flex, so all three of those slots are filled by Julio, Jordy, and Keenan Allen)

14-team standard scoring:

Start C-Mike over Forte?

Both teams in signature, so if you have any other changes, I'm happy to hear them.

Need to drop one of the following three RB for a week 1 kicker (don't have one). Should I drop Sims, Ware, or C-Mike?

I probably won't start Sims unless Doug Martin goes down (Standard scoring, not PPR).

My other RB's are: D. Murray, CJ Anderson, Arian Foster, Matt Jones, Derick Henry.

Who do i drop?

Hi, Irish. Your help is always appreciated.

This is about C-Mike, and I'm wondering if I should start him over any of my current RB. I actually have him in two leagues, so I'll ask the question twice:

16-team PPR league:

Start C-Mike over Woodhead or D. Murray (M. Jones is an afterthought in this one)? I do have a flex option, but we only play 2 WR and a flex, so all three of those slots are filled by Julio, Jordy, and Keenan Allen)

14-team standard scoring:

Start C-Mike over Forte?

Both teams in signature, so if you have any other changes, I'm happy to hear them.

I start Woody over C. Mike and C. Mike over Forte. However, I have Forte and C. Mike neck and neck in a standard.

Happy to help.

Edited by irish

Need to drop one of the following three RB for a week 1 kicker (don't have one). Should I drop Sims, Ware, or C-Mike?

I probably won't start Sims unless Doug Martin goes down (Standard scoring, not PPR).

My other RB's are: D. Murray, CJ Anderson, Arian Foster, Matt Jones, Derick Henry.

Who do i drop?

I like C. Mike the least over the course of the season.

Team and league info are below

Trade:

I give Rivers, Langford, Marvin Jones, Crowell

I get Carr, Bell, DeAngelo, Josh Gordon

I'm leaning towards taking it and just dropping either McKinnon or Williams when bye weeks roll around to pick up a spot starter if needed. We are only allowed 5 RBs per roster

Team and league info are below

Trade:

I give Rivers, Langford, Marvin Jones, Crowell

I get Carr, Bell, DeAngelo, Josh Gordon

I'm leaning towards taking it and just dropping either McKinnon or Williams when bye weeks roll around to pick up a spot starter if needed. We are only allowed 5 RBs per roster

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Hello Irish, how's things?

Here is the team I drafted tonight. 12 team ppr, flex. What do you think overall? Do they look like contenders?

I know, I know, with the three TEs. I'm pretty much always playing Gronk at flex. And as things pan out , I can trade one to upgrade at WR. I snagged C Michael in the 12 round

QB: Brees, K Cousins

RB: C Hyde, R Matthews, D Williams, C Michael, J Starks,

WR: J Nelson, M Floyd, A Hurns, P Dorsett

TE: Gronk, A Gates, J Graham

Def: Vikings

PK: M Crosby

Hello Irish, how's things?

Here is the team I drafted tonight. 12 team ppr, flex. What do you think overall? Do they look like contenders?

I know, I know, with the three TEs. I'm pretty much always playing Gronk at flex. And as things pan out , I can trade one to upgrade at WR. I snagged C Michael in the 12 round

QB: Brees, K Cousins

RB: C Hyde, R Matthews, D Williams, C Michael, J Starks,

WR: J Nelson, M Floyd, A Hurns, P Dorsett

TE: Gronk, A Gates, J Graham

Def: Vikings

PK: M Crosby

Hey JB,

To be honest, after looking at your squad, I'm a little nervous for ya. It's only a 12 team league and yet your top back is Hyde and your WRs aren't crazy awesome either. I think you taking brees and gates early hurt ya.

Hello Irish,

I'm playing against you in week 1 in 'Elite' and was wondering what you think my optimal lineup would be. Thanks in advance.

Joking of course. Good luck, bud! :)

Same to you. As a side note, you're probably gonna need a TE replacement for week 1 and make a real tough choice between the Broncos' D and Chiefs' D.

My team set up for this week
QB: Eli Manning
WRs: Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Golden Tate
RBs: Ezekiel Elliot, Eddie Lacy
TE: Delaine Walker
Flex: Michael Crabtree
Flex2: John Brown
Bench: Thomas Rawls, Arian Foster
BU: Philip River. Julius Thomas, Kelvin Benjamin.
1. Should I drop Julius Thomas to pick up Christine Mike and set at Flex2?
2. Start Arian Foster instead of John Brown ?
What will you do? This is 8 teams non PPR.
We still have in Waive: James White, D Woodhead
Thanks,