[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

On 12/1/2022 at 10:36 AM, irish said:

In regard to Edwards, yes, lone back for the moment, but also on a run- heavy team. 

I don't think Davis - Price gets many looks this year at all. 

Absolutely, Jones and Pickens over Edwards. Edwards is just providing better depth. 

I think Mixon plays and therefore, Perine is just a handcuff/depth. 

it's Friday and Joe Mixon is still in concussion protocol!  

how long do I have to wait to insert Perine into that FLEX now? I'm getting really itchy especially since dude I'm VS has Mixon in his lineup still.

I feel like I have to kick Z.Jones to the bench in this scenario, also hearing the injury report on his chest? Stick with Pickens at the WR2.

sound about right? these are my thoughts.

Walker as my RB1, Pollard as my RB2. Perine as the FLEX, w/ Jones or Edwards as the sub if Mixon is a go?

Edited by Gay4Clay52
trigger happy

8 hours ago, nyjets18 said:

Got offered a trade by the last place team that would be:

Send: Elliot & Waddle

Receive: Mixon & Godwin

It looks like hes trying to get Waddle as a keeper for next year (would be an 7th round pick to keep next year) 

My other RBs and WRs are:

RB: Aaron Jones, Tony Pollard, Jamaal Williams, Michael Carter, Cordarrelle Patterson

WR: Stefon Digs, Ja'Marr Chase, Jamison Williams 

Take that deal and run asap. The improvement from Zeke to Mixon is pretty sizable compared to the slight downgrade from Waddle to Godwin. 

6 hours ago, Dunk the Dunk said:

This is a full PPR league. I need to start 2 of these guys:

Kirk v Det

G. Wilson v Minn

Metcalf v LAR

Olave v TB

Right now I'm leaning Kirk and G.Wilson. I am starting White as my 2nd QB this week with Murray on bye so thinking that could be a decent stack. Thoughts? 

Thanks Irish as always.

I like your decision with Kirk and Wilson. Metcalf isn't far off Wilson but he's 3rd.  And getting the stack on top of it is nice. 

6 hours ago, Tropic Lunder said:

@irish

Start 3 (ppr)

C Watson vs CHI

R White vs NO

Najee vs ATL (latest report says he may play)

Palmer vs LV (assuming Mike Williams is out)

Wilson Jr vs SF

Hey Tropic, 

I'd go with Wilson, White and Watson and not look back. 

6 hours ago, Gay4Clay52 said:

it's Friday and Joe Mixon is still in concussion protocol!  

how long do I have to wait to insert Perine into that FLEX now? I'm getting really itchy especially since dude I'm VS has Mixon in his lineup still.

I feel like I have to kick Z.Jones to the bench in this scenario, also hearing the injury report on his chest? Stick with Pickens at the WR2.

sound about right? these are my thoughts.

Walker as my RB1, Pollard as my RB2. Perine as the FLEX, w/ Jones or Edwards as the sub if Mixon is a go?

I'd wait until the last minute to pull Zay Jones out of the lineup (who I'd start over Edwards as well), to hear about Mixon. I think Mixon has a chance to clear protocol and if so, he'd be a top 10 play this week. If Mixon isn't cleared then sliding Perine in makes sense. 

I also still like Zay more than Pickens as well. But the chest issue does have me concerned as he's questionable. I don't like Zay so much more than Pickens, that if there's any doubt about his chest come Sunday, you'd play Pickens. 

Edited by irish
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irish said:

Take that deal and run asap. The improvement from Zeke to Mixon is pretty sizable compared to the slight downgrade from Waddle to Godwin. 

Even at the cost of losing Waddle as a 7th round keeper? Mixon would be a 1st round keeper if I kept him.

16 minutes ago, nyjets18 said:

Even at the cost of losing Waddle as a 7th round keeper? Mixon would be a 1st round keeper if I kept him.

I figured you were set on keeping Mixon and were trying to use Waddle to upgrade at RB, while like losing as much going from Waddle to Godwin. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

I'd wait until the last minute to pull Zay Jones out of the lineup (who I'd start over Edwards as well), to hear about Mixon. I think Mixon has a chance to clear protocol and if so, he'd be a top 10 play this week. If Mixon isn't cleared then sliding Perine in makes sense. 

I also still like Zay more than Pickens as well. But the chest issue does have me concerned as he's questionable. I don't like Zay so much more than Pickens, that if there's any doubt about his chest come Sunday, you'd play Pickens. 

this is what I came here for. cheers. thanks for helping to hammer it out.

best case scenario? Jones at WR2 & Perine at FLEX

Edited by Gay4Clay52

11 minutes ago, Gay4Clay52 said:

this is what I came here for. cheers. thanks for helping to hammer it out.

best case scenario? Jones at WR2 & Perine at FLEX

Exactly!  Worst case - Pickens at WR2 (with Zay out with a chest issue) and Edwards possibly at flex because Mixon is back 100% and Perine is too risky.

• Thanks 1

Irish, week 13 and I am on a 2 game win streak.  The competition is having trouble managing their injuries and I've done well on waivers comparatively.  

So, I am looking for a complete "Irish Tune Up" here...  1/2ppr 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex  (K and DST already played and it was a draw vs the comp)

QB: JimmyG, DWatson, KPickett-  Jimmy is QB1, and for QB2 I love the pickett matchup but leaning watson just because.

RB: Ekeler, Pierce, Kamara, RWhite, JWarren, Hasty- Obviously Austin.   RB2 I like pierce's matchup and bounceback potential.  I am downright afraid of Kamara and new Orleans.      I am a fan of White's growth and pass catching, but Len is "back" (?).  Am I nuts for thinking Pierce in a rebound vs a weak D over RW and AK?

WR: Godwin, Pittman, DPJ, Pickens-  obviously godwin WR1.  I am as worried about Pittmans matchup (qb vs Dal?!) as I am excited to start pickens.    Would it be crazy to start pickens over pittman?

Flex... if I go the way I am leaning above, it'd be a choice of pittman, kamara, RWhite for the flex.   Or, what say Irish?

TE- with njoku out I grabbed conklin.  With new QB it seems better than Dulcich (also available) and his RWilson albatross. Stay with Conks or pickup GregD?  (Remember, I hobbled my season with a Wilson draft in a 2QB league and am still very spicy over the subsequent results, so anyone Denver is viewed through a jaundiced eye!)

Long day ahead at Scout College in the Pine Barrens... I'll check back at lunch!  Thanks much!

7 hours ago, irish said:

I figured you were set on keeping Mixon and were trying to use Waddle to upgrade at RB, while like losing as much going from Waddle to Godwin. 

Sorry I should have been more clear. It would cost a 1st round pick to keep Mixon next year 

@irish

6-6 won 3 in a row trying to make it 4. I should make playoffs, although ESPN app says 99% chance not 100.

Roster, usual starters in bold. We have two flexes. This week I will probably go Pierce over Smith for last flex

QB: Hurts

RB: Taylor, Jones, Walker, Pierce, Dillon, R White

WR: K Allen, Olave, Sutton, D Smith, D Johnson, Eli Moore

TE: Freiermuth, Njoku

K: Dickers

So...rest of season.

1. Use #1 waiver on James Cook?

2 Anybody you drop to add Skyy Moore, James Cook, Price, Snell, MacFarland, Dulcich, JDeandre Carter, Jimmy G?

4 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Irish, week 13 and I am on a 2 game win streak.  The competition is having trouble managing their injuries and I've done well on waivers comparatively.  

So, I am looking for a complete "Irish Tune Up" here...  1/2ppr 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex  (K and DST already played and it was a draw vs the comp)

QB: JimmyG, DWatson, KPickett-  Jimmy is QB1, and for QB2 I love the pickett matchup but leaning watson just because.

RB: Ekeler, Pierce, Kamara, RWhite, JWarren, Hasty- Obviously Austin.   RB2 I like pierce's matchup and bounceback potential.  I am downright afraid of Kamara and new Orleans.      I am a fan of White's growth and pass catching, but Len is "back" (?).  Am I nuts for thinking Pierce in a rebound vs a weak D over RW and AK?

WR: Godwin, Pittman, DPJ, Pickens-  obviously godwin WR1.  I am as worried about Pittmans matchup (qb vs Dal?!) as I am excited to start pickens.    Would it be crazy to start pickens over pittman?

Flex... if I go the way I am leaning above, it'd be a choice of pittman, kamara, RWhite for the flex.   Or, what say Irish?

TE- with njoku out I grabbed conklin.  With new QB it seems better than Dulcich (also available) and his RWilson albatross. Stay with Conks or pickup GregD?  (Remember, I hobbled my season with a Wilson draft in a 2QB league and am still very spicy over the subsequent results, so anyone Denver is viewed through a jaundiced eye!)

Long day ahead at Scout College in the Pine Barrens... I'll check back at lunch!  Thanks much!

Hey FTD,

Nice little run, let's keep it going!

QBs - Watson as QB1 and Jimmy G

RBs - Ekeler for sure and then Pierce has a great matchup but I'm just on Kamara here. 

WRs - Godwin for sure and then I'm playing Pittman who should be very active playing catch up.  I like Pittman's chances at more receptions, slight edge in yardage but a slightly better chance at scoring than Pickens. 

Flex - Pierce over Pickens here. 

TE - Lmao @ the jaundiced eye. I see Conk and Dulcich as relatively even but like the opportunity for Conk better, so I'd play him. 

The tough part is benching Pickens but I wouldn't start him in the flex over Pierce or Kamara and so you'll have to decide whether it's him or Pittman at WR2. 

Hope you had a good day. 

2 hours ago, nyjets18 said:

Sorry I should have been more clear. It would cost a 1st round pick to keep Mixon next year 

Hmmmm... losing a first to keep Mixon is steep compared to losing a 7th for Waddle. I like the Waddle value better.  If this was a straight redraft, the trade is a no brainer. 

Edited by irish

1 hour ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

6-6 won 3 in a row trying to make it 4. I should make playoffs, although ESPN app says 99% chance not 100.

Roster, usual starters in bold. We have two flexes. This week I will probably go Pierce over Smith for last flex

QB: Hurts

RB: Taylor, Jones, Walker, Pierce, Dillon, R White

WR: K Allen, Olave, Sutton, D Smith, D Johnson, Eli Moore

TE: Freiermuth, Njoku

K: Dickers

So...rest of season.

1. Use #1 waiver on James Cook?

2 Anybody you drop to add Skyy Moore, James Cook, Price, Snell, MacFarland, Dulcich, JDeandre Carter, Jimmy G?

Hey TGA,

Great run on likely making they playoffs!

Lineup is perfect. I certainly prefer having Cook over Elijah Moore. Moore will never crack your lineup, however neither will Cook but this is more of a defensive move keeping him from another team. Having Jimmy G as a backup QB might be important going into the playoffs as well but he's not worth a #1 waiver. 

13 minutes ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

Hey Irish! Stevenson didn’t get me what I wanted Thurs. so I need advice on who to play for RB2 and flex. .5 PPR league with bonus for 100+ yards. 

Kamara at TB

Pacheco at Cincy

R White vs NO

D Pierce vs Clev

K Allen at LV

Thanks!

Hey Jax, 

I really hoped that Stevenson would score. The receptions and yardage in the passing game helped to somewhat salvage what could've been a dreadful day even if only .5 ppr. 6 for 24, so 5.4 pts, putting him into double digits. 

With it being .5 PPR, I'm playing the upside here and going with Kamara and Pierce over Allen. It's close though, had it been full ppr, I'd be going Kamara and Allen. 

3 hours ago, irish said:

Hey FTD,

Nice little run, let's keep it going!

QBs - Watson as QB1 and Jimmy G

RBs - Ekeler for sure and then Pierce has a great matchup but I'm just on Kamara here. 

WRs - Godwin for sure and then I'm playing Pittman who should be very active playing catch up.  I like Pittman's chances at more receptions, slight edge in yardage but a slightly better chance at scoring than Pickens. 

Flex - Pierce over Pickens here. 

TE - Lmao @ the jaundiced eye. I see Conk and Dulcich as relatively even but like the opportunity for Conk better, so I'd play him. 

The tough part is benching Pickens but I wouldn't start him in the flex over Pierce or Kamara and so you'll have to decide whether it's him or Pittman at WR2. 

Hope you had a good day. 

Great, thank you for the insight as always much appreciated.   

• Like 1

@irish

Looks like Jameson Williams just got activated, meaning I'm gonna need to take him out of my IR spot.

Who would you drop to make room for him? Wanted to stash a defense for playoffs but not sure I can/should do that right now.

Would you drop London for Jameson? Mostert for Jameson? Both of them for Jameson and a DST? Neither and drop Jameson? (lol)

I could also keep Jameson in IR for this week (and just lock my lineup as it is--was debating Najee vs R White, currently have Najee in) and then drop him for either Mostert or London after we see both their performances tomorrow?

roster:

Hurts

Najee, A Jones, Conner, R White, Wilson Jr, Mostert

Higgins, Gabe Davis, Hollywood, C Watson, Palmer, London, Jameson Williams (IR)

Conklin

Cowboys

4 minutes ago, Tropic Lunder said:

@irish

Looks like Jameson Williams just got activated, meaning I'm gonna need to take him out of my IR spot.

Who would you drop to make room for him? Wanted to stash a defense for playoffs but not sure I can/should do that right now.

Would you drop London for Jameson? Mostert for Jameson? Both of them for Jameson and a DST? Neither and drop Jameson? (lol)

I could also keep Jameson in IR for this week (and just lock my lineup as it is--was debating Najee vs R White, currently have Najee in) and then drop him for either Mostert or London after we see both their performances tomorrow?

roster:

Hurts

Najee, A Jones, Conner, R White, Wilson Jr, Mostert

Higgins, Gabe Davis, Hollywood, C Watson, Palmer, London, Jameson Williams (IR)

Conklin

Cowboys

Ah, I see. I see Jameson, London and Mostert as ranked around the same level. Jameson is my first option. London is the most droppable worth your WRs.  Other than the Cowboys who's your other defense?  They are a top Defense and I understand playing the matchups in the playoffs, but depending who your 2nd defense is, they might be the drop. 

1 minute ago, irish said:

Other than the Cowboys who's your other defense?  They are a top Defense and I understand playing the matchups in the playoffs, but depending who your 2nd defense is, they might be the drop. 

I dont have another one rostered right now. They have a good schedule these next 3 weeks (IND tomorrow, then HOU and JAX), but then play PHI and TEN weeks 16-17

I was planning on possibly stashing Chiefs DST for weeks 16-17 (SEA and DEN).

But Denver DST plays LAR week 16 and that’s better than KC vs SEA imo, but then plays KC week 17 which obviously is a no-go.

so im stuck cause i dont want to / cant stash 2 extra DSTs right now, especially with Jameson back, but should also roster one of those DSTs before others priming for playoffs get to it.

6 minutes ago, Tropic Lunder said:

I dont have another one rostered right now. They have a good schedule these next 3 weeks (IND tomorrow, then HOU and JAX), but then play PHI and TEN weeks 16-17

I was planning on possibly stashing Chiefs DST for weeks 16-17 (SEA and DEN).

But Denver DST plays LAR week 16 and that’s better than KC vs SEA imo, but then plays KC week 17 which obviously is a no-go.

so im stuck cause i dont want to / cant stash 2 extra DSTs right now, especially with Jameson back, but should also roster one of those DSTs before others priming for playoffs get to it.

The only week that the Cowboys' defense would be an issue is when they play Philly.  So, I wouldn't drop usable depth, for a 1-week defensive play. However, if you choose to do so, London would be my choice, followed by Mostert. Mostert is the 2nd option since, you need the RB depth more than WR. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, irish said:

Tough to recommend playing a QB in their first week back after 2 years of not playing. However, that's exactly what I'm going to do, I like Watson this week in a big return. 

With Fields apparently a go this week, I'll add him in to the question, Watson, Dak or Fields?

Grab a Guinness and enjoy week 13 🍻

Hi Irish!!!

Need your sage advice about Week 13

QB:  Either Watson or Tua

RB:  Walker and Henry (Locks) 

WR:  JJ, Davante, Sun God (Locks)

Need one flex from these 1 pt. PPR:  RB's Najee, Wilson Jr., Pacheco, WR's Pickens, Peoples-Jones

Hope your Sunday is a great day!