[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latavius Murray

lennykravitz2004

I love that Sparano said they won't turn Murray into a workhorse before the game, then Murray gets 23 of the team's 29 carries by an RB along with 2 catches in the passing game (Marcel Reese did catch 7 passes though). And this against an above average run defense in SF. Me thinks Latavius Murray is a nice swing for the fences in week 15.

After this weekend and the great Saints home implosion, he is starting to look better than Ingram next week on the road, in the cold weather.

Considering KC is ranked 31st in rushing defense that may not be a bad play, but they don't allow very many scores on the ground.

Starting to think Murray might be my "Z Stacy, late season diamond" this year. Looks like the backfield is his and, outside of the concussion, he's physically fresh compared to most other RB2 options. Not the best, not the worst remaining schedule, and workload is valuable.

Starting to think Murray might be my "Z Stacy, late season diamond" this year. Looks like the backfield is his and, outside of the concussion, he's physically fresh compared to most other RB2 options. Not the best, not the worst remaining schedule, and workload is valuable.

Lets hope he doesn't tumble down the depth chart like Stacy in year two.

• Like 1

I love that Sparano said they won't turn Murray into a workhorse before the game, then Murray gets 23 of the team's 29 carries by an RB along with 2 catches in the passing game (Marcel Reese did catch 7 passes though). And this against an above average run defense in SF. Me thinks Latavius Murray is a nice swing for the fences in week 15.

Latavius Murray to the rescue!! I felt inspired by this reply and picked up L. Murray and Marquess Wilson in my big money league for my playoffs. I will be starting Wilson at WR along with Chris Johnson and L. Murray as my RB's this week...Yep, my team basically blows, I was in the NFC South version of my league and somehow squeeked into the playoffs at 7-7 and now I play against a really good team that happens to have A.Jeffery and M. Bennett (FYI- he also has Lacy and Charles, ugh) so all I can do is hope A. Jeffery is doubled up all night and is taken out of the game, if the Saints can even do that and Bennett has a stinker. Then Cutler (my qb) will find a way to hook up with this kid Wilson all night in his big Monday Night debut and give me a miracle win and of course C. Johnson will have his big FU to his old team game and L. Murray continues to turn into Z. Stacy.... Either that or I will lose by 50+ points.

• Like 1

Latavius Murray to the rescue!! I felt inspired by this reply and picked up L. Murray and Marquess Wilson in my big money league for my playoffs. I will be starting Wilson at WR along with Chris Johnson and L. Murray as my RB's this week...Yep, my team basically blows, I was in the NFC South version of my league and somehow squeeked into the playoffs at 7-7 and now I play against a really good team that happens to have A.Jeffery and M. Bennett (FYI- he also has Lacy and Charles, ugh) so all I can do is hope A. Jeffery is doubled up all night and is taken out of the game, if the Saints can even do that and Bennett has a stinker. Then Cutler (my qb) will find a way to hook up with this kid Wilson all night in his big Monday Night debut and give me a miracle win and of course C. Johnson will have his big FU to his old team game and L. Murray continues to turn into Z. Stacy.... Either that or I will lose by 50+ points.

With Brandon Marshall out, Jeffery gets Keenan Lewis so you may just get your wish. Most of the Saints defense sucks, but Lewis is one of the better cover guys in the league.

With Brandon Marshall out, Jeffery gets Keenan Lewis so you may just get your wish. Most of the Saints defense sucks, but Lewis is one of the better cover guys in the league.

Jeffery is gonna eat Keenan Lewis' lunch.

I am turning to Murray this week. I have CHarles/Davis in one slot, but I don't trust Jennings v Wash in the other slot so Murray it is. I had the Broncos RB (as well as Charles), but I lost Anderson in a free agent move and that happens to be my opponent. So my main options are Charles/Davis, Jennings or Murray. I am going whoever is running for the Chiefs and Murray.

My team set legendary records this year and my opponent this week may be my toughest matchup (he's also the only team to beat me this year).

I am starting him over Herron in my semi's.

That's a tough call! I'd be leaning Herron there but it could certainly work out in your favor as the Chiefs suck against the run.

FWIW, while the Chiefs run D gives up quite a bit of yardage (the loss of Derrick Johnson was huge), Murray is the only RB to have actually scored on them. I think round 2 will yield a much different result than the TNF game in week 12. - not a short week this time around, plus it's in KC. I also can't imagine the Chiefs being as unfocused as they were last time - they will want their revenge, and every game is a must-win at this point so they won't be looking ahead.

Edited by bud29

After being burned by Ingram last week I am seriously thinking of putting Murray in his place. The Saints don't have a good record for winning games that seem like a sure thing.

I don't think I'd do that Scorcher. CHI D is just epically bad.