[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ Anderson...?

heehawks

Neither CJ or Hillman are doing anything behind that line. You can say Hillman has done better but it's marginal at best. It was encouraging to see he was in there at the end of the game when it mattered. He now has 10 days until the next game and some better matchups.

Hillman had about 4ypc last night...more touches for him could end up turning in a big run

11 for 27. Some runners need a consistent workload to get going. Being shuffled in and out every other play isn't helping. Wth is Kubiak doing?

Kubiak is trying to kill the Broncos offense, not sure what the hell Elway thought hiring him and allowing him to handcuff Peyton and try to turn them into a running team. Once Peyton took over and did his thing they finally started clicking (and yes throwing a late pick six too). Peyton did look off on many throws, one down the sideline to Demaryius was underthrown, others just wobbled or floated.

As a Peyton, Demaryius and McManus owner I'm worried in general about this offense and his ability, and Kubiaks "I'll keep running it until we're buried" mantra.

As for CJ, first carry 14 yards, then another 11 for 13 total, that was horrible. Not sure handing it to him 20-25 times would have made it better. Hillman did a little bit better, one 16 yard carry, the other 8 covering 18 yards. The Chiefs were killing the run, especially early when DENcouldn't pass either and Peyton was getting sacked.

Hillman had about 4ypc last night...more touches for him could end up turning in a big run

All Hillman did was sprint through holes on run plays called in passing situations. When the D expected a run, neither back did much. CJ actually did more IMO because the D was playing run on most of his runs.

Hillman is perfect for change of pace, but he can't even break the tackle of a corner in a 1-on-1 situation.

I say CJ's issues are the same as Manning's - the OL just sucks. I'd put us in the bottom 10 in the league at OL.

The silver lining is that OL can get better as the crew gells and young guys gain experience. I just hope that happens before Manning gets killed.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 3

All Hillman did was sprint through holes on run plays called in passing situations. When the D expected a run, neither back did much. CJ actually did more IMO because the D was playing run on most of his runs.

Hillman is perfect for change of pace, but he can't even break the tackle of a corner in a 1-on-1 situation.

I say CJ's issues are the same as Manning's - the OL just sucks. I'd put us in the bottom 10 in the league at OL.

The silver lining is that OL can get better as the crew gells and young guys gain experience. I just hope that happens before Manning gets killed.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic because I own Peyton and CJ, but I agree. They're in a new system with a bunch of new guys on the line. I think they'll get better. And they faced 2 really good defenses to start the season for sure
  • Like 2

Maybe I'm overly optimistic because I own Peyton and CJ, but I agree. They're in a new system with a bunch of new guys on the line. I think they'll get better. And they faced 2 really good defenses to start the season for sure

These next 10 days to practice / rest are gonna make a lot of Anderson owners regret making a panic move and selling low on him (for those that have already given up on him). Week 3, 4, 5, & 6 are gonna look a LOT different..

These next 10 days to practice / rest are gonna make a lot of Anderson owners regret making a panic move and selling low on him (for those that have already given up on him). Week 3, 4, 5, & 6 are gonna look a LOT different..

LOL this is on point.

Don't forget, they still get to play the Raiders TWICE!

I know most recognize that he just wasn't getting it done, mostly carries for little or no yardage. I didn't relaize how bad that was until I saw somebody mention that CJ had an 11 yard gain later in the game, and of course we talked about the first one that went for 14, and 12 for 27 overall. Here's his breakdown of runs

14, 0, 1, 0, 3, 1, 0, 0, 11, 3-, 0, 0,

For comparison with Hillman went 0, 7, 0, 3, 16, 7, 1, 0, 1

I think BA makes a good point about Hillman running through holes from passing plays.

• Like 1