[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys Game thread

Cowboyz1

No surprise that people look to shift the responsibility for the loss from the Giants to the refs ... these days Americans are never looking to take responsibility for anything bad that happens, far easier to point your finger at someone else ...

Lol. Assuming I'll never see you bitch at any point this season about a horrible call - Congrats again on the win. Romo was clutch.

Lol. Assuming I'll never see you bitch at any point this season about a horrible call - Congrats again on the win. Romo was clutch.

No, I will bitch about bad calls ... but I won't blame a loss on a bad call.

Example, I think the Dez no catch was a horrible call ... but it was not why Dallas lost that game.

So what lost the game

Bad time management and a defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed.

I don't buy into the idea that every play is equal in the grand scheme of things, but the G-Men had the game in hand and blew it in style. The penalty definitely changed things, but this one's on NYG.

Bad time management and a defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed.

I don't buy into the idea that every play is equal in the grand scheme of things, but the G-Men had the game in hand and blew it in style. The penalty definitely changed things, but this one's on NYG.

Thank you but not talking about the game tonight

Allowing a QB with a cane to sit back and pick you apart.

So you're saying if they didn't allow him to sit in the pocket and throw the touchdowns he did they would have won and the outcome of the game would be different?

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Thank you but not talking about the game tonight

Doh :bag:

That game, I'm sure we can dig up the thread. I remember an ad nauseam discussion about this topic with Grits right in the thick of it.

ETA: It was the DAL/DET thread from the week before. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/434934-detroitdallas-game-thread/page-1

Edited by bud29

So you're saying if they didn't allow him to sit in the pocket and throw the touchdowns he did they would have won and the outcome of the game would be different?

What I am saying is that the Cowboys Defense had no pass rush and even had we of scored on that play Rodgers most likely would have got into position to win. However, we were all denied the opportunity to see a great ending by blowing the call. I also blame Murray for fumbling on the way through a whole that was as big as you will ever see in football.

What I am saying is that the Cowboys Defense had no pass rush and even had we of scored on that play Rodgers most likely would have got into position to win. However, we were all denied the opportunity to see a great ending by blowing the call. I also blame Murray for fumbling on the way through a whole that was as big as you will ever see in football.

So what you are saying is we were all denied a great ending by one single bad call which denied them the opportunity for that great ending. Got it and also that one play where demarco fumbled. Man that's a lot of single plays that you think may have impacted a different outcome

So what you are saying is we were all denied a great ending by one single bad call which denied them the opportunity for that great ending. Got it and also that one play where demarco fumbled. Man that's a lot of single plays that you think may have impacted a different outcome

Yeah, you're right. Great Great win tonight. How bout that Tony Romo...... :tup:

Yeah, you're right. Great Great win tonight. How bout that Tony Romo...... :tup:

How bout him helluva effort helluva win one for the ages!! He is a great QB no denying it. They beat an inferior team in the last seconds of a game on their home turf. They have a lot to improve on let's see what the next 16 weeks brings them hopefully a RB that is worth a manure that can pick up the blitz and not get him killed

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

How bout him helluva effort helluva win one for the ages!! He is a great QB no denying it. They beat an inferior team in the last seconds of a game on their home turf. They have a lot to improve on let's see what the next 16 weeks brings them hopefully a RB that is worth a honda that can pick up the blitz and not get him killed

Couldn't have said it better myself. :brew:

Very very sloppy football game that we were extremely fortunate to win. I love the fact that we were able to shut down ODB and give him a sweet shot in the mouth to boot. The D bent but didnt break. I am not sold on how much Dallas is shortening the game though. I get that you have a premiere O line and you want to control a football game but you also have a damn good passing attack. Until their backs were to the wall they dink and dunked all night. I want to rely on the ground and control the game but we cant go in a shell in the passing game. a 10 minute drive that ends in 3 points can hurt you at times if you dont have a dominant D , especially when you turn the ball over. Of course I was happy with the win but they better get better than this if they want to do something meaningful this year.

I heard Dez broke his foot and will be out 4-6 weeks which obviously sucks. Other guys will need to step up and they will need to lean on the line more than usual. The Rbs did a nice job last night. I truly feel McFadden is our best bet and home run hitter . He got the least looks. Randle and Dunbar did a terrific job catching the ball especially on the game winning drive. Eli did an awful job of clock management. Just awful. he was snapping the ball on that drive with 11, 14 , 17 seconds left. Couple that with what happened on 3rd down and Dallas got a gift that they took full advantage of. It was as ugly as ugly gets but a W is a W and ill take it

• Like 1

Bullhonda ...

The Giants didn't do a good job of milking the clock on their last drive (penalties, dropped passes) and they couldn't punch it into the endzone ... and then they didn't play defense on the Cowboy's last drive.

But if you want to lie to yourself and say that one play among ALL the plays of the game was the one that made the difference, by all means lie to yourself.

So then there is no such thing as a game changing play right, unless it is the final play of the game and changes the outcome, so like a fumble recovery for TD when you're trying to run the clock out.

We all know you just like to argue and never admit you're wrong. I don't even remember the PI call in question, but something that stops a team from scoring a TD and results in a FG instead can be a game changer, whether you accept it or not.

Now for the real reason I came to read this thread and post, I'm sure by now some of read this but I didn't see it mentioned so here it is for all to enjoy. Sounds like the Giants were totally lost on that last drive, trying to remember and count timeouts, not wanting to score a TD (when you'd have a 2 score lead) and other pure nonsense.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-rb-rashad-jenning-told-not-score-article-1.2360077