[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs - Broncos thread

bud29

Fleming needs to be cut

Absolutely. He was the one horrendously weak spot on an otherwise strong defense. They're going to need to replace him before next week or Rodgers is going to throw 27 touchdowns.

• Like 1

Some optimistic points:

-Aside from Fleming, this defense is for real. Once Sean Smith comes back week 4, is there really a weak link in that starting lineup?

-Take a step back and think. We gift wrapped 5 turnovers and dropped 3 INTs, yet we still only lost by 7 on an incredibly unlikely play. We hung with them despite our frequent, awful mistakes. We beat ourselves more than the Broncos beat us. That's somewhat consoling.

Some less optimistic points:

-Reid continues to screw the pooch with awful playcalls in key moments. That's something I don't see improving with time.

-I'll have to go back and look, but it seems like our OL has more problems than just the backup RT that has been forced into duty.

-Special teams, usually a strong point of ours, was a liability tonight. Early fumble by De'Anthony Thomas and a penalty on pretty much every punt.

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. And Jamell Fleming sucks. And Sean Smith sucks for being a moran and getting suspended, forcing Fleming into duty. That's pretty much the summary of tonight's game.

• Like 1

The league charges points against when the defense is not on the field?

Don't most leagues do that? Obviously the the site used would need to allow that setup, which I suspect most do.

I understand the reasoning to not want a pick six to count against your defense, but then same would go for kick and punt return scores, safeties, and could even argue extra points (even if the D gives up the TD). A simple "points against" that encompasses all points is probably easier for most to follow.

Looking in my CBS league I see they do have several different categories for points against

- PA Points Aagainst, Total Points Scored

- DPA Defensive Points Against

- DSTPA Points Against Defense/ST

Ours was always based on total points scored, not sure we've ever debated it much, but our league likes things simple so I doubt they'd want to change. Besides our scoring based on points against is very small, max 4 for a shut out, min is zero for 30 or more.

I like rostering 2 quarterbacks. But there is a lot of quality depth available at quarterback. I don't think Brock is even rosterable if the 10% chance of Manning getting hurt happens.

This, no way is the DEN backup QB going to be worth much, except maybe in a 16 team league. Has to be better options on waivers, if Manning is getting killed and the RB doesn't improve Brock will be running for his life.

Reid is a moron. That one is on him. Plain and simple. The whole game he was a moron.

I have no love for Reid but he's not the one fumbling or throwing interceptions. The Charles fumble at the end was a dumb call but the other turnovers were just poor offensive play/great defensive play.

I have no love for Reid but he's not the one fumbling or throwing interceptions. The Charles fumble at the end was a dumb call but the other turnovers were just poor offensive play/great defensive play.

Well there's probably no INT late in the 1st half resulting in a game tying TD by the Broncos if they're not throwing the ball. Yes Smith made a mistake on the INT (don't remember the specifics), but Reid put him in that spot. Of course the early fumble by Charles and his fumble at the end resulting in the game winning TD may be proof that running may not have yielded a better result.

I agree more on the players than the coach, 5 turnoves and a -4 TO margin you don't usually win.

Reid is a moron. That one is on him. Plain and simple. The whole game he was a moron.

He definitely called a stinker. The 2 interceptions, 3 fumbles, 3 dropped INTs, and awful coverage by Fleming made things a whole lot worse.