[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why aren't we griping about Randall Cobb?

BA Baracus

:lol:

Really?

Yeah, blame Cobb. How about blaming ol Aaron Rodgers instead? Rodgers hasn't had a game over 255 passing yards since the KC game. Cobb's targets are down in the past 3 weeks. It's a trend that will likely not continue. I'm not worried.

• Like 1

Is the opposite of a check-in? A potential check out?

I'd like to add to the bitching by saying that D Adams is even more disappointing so far considering his opportunity coming into the season

• Like 2

:lol:

Really?

Yeah, blame Cobb. How about blaming ol Aaron Rodgers instead? Rodgers hasn't had a game over 255 passing yards since the KC game. Cobb's targets are down in the past 3 weeks. It's a trend that will likely not continue. I'm not worried.

Well, I don't care too much about Rodgers as I don't draft QB's early, but that's a chicken-and-egg thing. Is Cobb sucking because Rodgers is sucking, or is Rodgers sucking because his #1 WR is sucking? This rotoworld blurb chalks it up to the injury making Cobb not as effective at getting open.

I'd like to add to the bitching by saying that D Adams is even more disappointing so far considering his opportunity coming into the season

Adams has been very disappointing. I have him and Cooks on a dynasty team and was really hoping they would anchor my WR corps for year to come. I guess it still could happen, but the odds are growing slimmer every week.

Well, I don't care too much about Rodgers as I don't draft QB's early, but that's a chicken-and-egg thing. Is Cobb sucking because Rodgers is sucking, or is Rodgers sucking because his #1 WR is sucking? This rotoworld blurb chalks it up to the injury making Cobb not as effective at getting open.

Adams has been very disappointing. I have him and Cooks on a dynasty team and was really hoping they would anchor my WR corps for year to come. I guess it still could happen, but the odds are growing slimmer every week.

Eh, I don't know if I'd call it a true chicken & egg situation. Cobb could be 100%, getting open... etc... that still requires the QB to a] look his way and b] effectively deliver the football. Right now, Rodgers is simply not targeting Cobb. Add in the fact that he hasn't put up his normal astronomical numbers and it stands to reason that Cobb's numbers would also decrease somewhat.

Also, not sure how a bum shoulder affects one's ability to get open. Seems like a strange comment.

But, I do agree that the Week 7 bye could be a godsend for Cobb. A full two week's worth of rest/rehab can go a long way.

That all said, Rodgers' dip in production is not as jarring as Cobb's, but I'm hoping the bye week gets him back on track. I'm hopeful.

I hope the rest helps get him right too.

On the injury and getting open, I could see how a bad shoulder would make him hesitant to cut hard and juke defenders. Sanders couldn't run worth a damn yesterday after he sprained his shoulder. When those guys make cuts or turn to the ball it is a super quick full-body motion. I bet they are stressing all their joints and if there is pain somewhere they could lose that edge.

• Like 1

Adams hasn't played because of injury as I'm sure you are aware. I think Adams being out has hurt the offense more than people think. I agree the bye will do wonders for Cobb and Adams. I am looking forward to better games for their offense coming out of the bye week

I am taking trade offers for him in my league, but they gotta be good. With this week off and a good amount of rest, I expect Cobb to be ready to play the rest of the season like he was drafted, a number 1 WR in a high powered offense.

Agree.

I mean...

Packers OC Tom Clements said Monday that Randall Cobb's shoulder injury has inhibited his ability to get open.
Clements also noted Cobb has a target on his back as the Packers' No. 1 receiver in the absence of Jordy Nelson (ACL). Clements is optimistic Green Bay's Week 7 bye will allow Cobb to overcome the shoulder injury, which has affected his play since August. Cobb's seasonal pace starts are currently 80-934-11. Oct 19 - 5:20 PM

I think we probably expected more with Jordy out, but Cobb's shoulder has obviously been at least somewhat of an issue, Adams has been out, and James Jones has been far better than anyone could have hoped for.
All things considered, this stat line isn't terrible. Wish it was more, of course, but he's got the bulk of the season remaining to bump that up to higher numbers across the board.

I think maybe because of all the ffb disappointments this year, owners know that he probably has the best shot to get back on track just based on the quarterback he plays with. Similar to DT last season before the Arizona game.

#1. He is drawing double coverage constantly, something he didn't have to deal with very often when Jordy was stretching the field.

#2. Rodgers isn't targeting him very often.

#3. The reason Rodgers isn't targeting him very often is because he isn't getting open very often.

#4. He isn't getting open very often because he is getting double coverage, and his shoulder is effecting his separation and speed.

The glass half full guy would say that he has a bye week to heal up and practice plays that will work to get him open. Devonte Adom's return should also draw some of the coverage away from Cobb. Also keep in mind that the Packers offense didn't even get rolling til about this time last year. Remember the 1-3 start? Remember Rodgers saying.. "Relaaaax"

The glass half empty guy would say that Cobb himself has suggested that his shoulder could bother him the entire season. He would point out that perhaps Cobb is no different than Eric Decker - a great #2 that needs a great #1 on the field with him to succeed. He would point out that the combination of Cobb's lingering injury and his inability to shed double coverage could be a sustaining issue for the remainder of the season.

He would also point out that the Packers go to Denver after the bye week.

I guess as a packer fan and a Cobb owner, I fall somewhere in the middle. I think that once Cobb heals up and their offense begins to settle into a groove, things will get better. But I don't think he will be a #1 WR. I believe he will plateau as a solid #2

• Like 2

#1. He is drawing double coverage constantly, something he didn't have to deal with very often when Jordy was stretching the field.

#2. Rodgers isn't targeting him very often.

#3. The reason Rodgers isn't targeting him very often is because he isn't getting open very often.

#4. He isn't getting open very often because he is getting double coverage, and his shoulder is effecting his separation and speed.

The glass half full guy would say that he has a bye week to heal up and practice plays that will work to get him open. Devonte Adom's return should also draw some of the coverage away from Cobb. Also keep in mind that the Packers offense didn't even get rolling til about this time last year. Remember the 1-3 start? Remember Rodgers saying.. "Relaaaax"

The glass half empty guy would say that Cobb himself has suggested that his shoulder could bother him the entire season. He would point out that perhaps Cobb is no different than Eric Decker - a great #2 that needs a great #1 on the field with him to succeed. He would point out that the combination of Cobb's lingering injury and his inability to shed double coverage could be a sustaining issue for the remainder of the season.

He would also point out that the Packers go to Denver after the bye week.

I guess as a packer fan and a Cobb owner, I fall somewhere in the middle. I think that once Cobb heals up and their offense begins to settle into a groove, things will get better. But I don't think he will be a #1 WR. I believe he will plateau as a solid #2

Solid take. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Tonight is as good of a night to bump this post. Cobb is very disappointing. He's getting paid big money to produce and has never really turned the corner this year. One big game that has accounted for almost 30% of his yearly points. Perhaps he kicks it up with Nelson back in the future.

I've been gripping about Cobb, just not here. I figured he wasn't going to be special since week 3 and benched him since week 8. He's nothing special without Jordy. I've tried trading him but nobdoy in my league is interested in a inconsistent player, now I'm considering dropping him just for a player like Lafell or Funchess