[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why aren't we griping about Randall Cobb?

BA Baracus

:lol:

Really?

Yeah, blame Cobb. How about blaming ol Aaron Rodgers instead? Rodgers hasn't had a game over 255 passing yards since the KC game. Cobb's targets are down in the past 3 weeks. It's a trend that will likely not continue. I'm not worried.

How can you completely blame Rodgers when none of the WR clowns can get ANY separation (except, I guess in Cobb's case, his shoulder!) or catch a cold (yeah, I'm talking about you, Adams!)...very frustrating, overall...

I really think one of their biggest problems is they are not stretching the field like they do when they have Jordy. Cobb needs room to operate in the middle of the field, but their lack of deep throwing has crowded up the middle of the field. Obviously it doesn't help that he has been dropping a lot of balls lately either. I think the running game is struggling because teams can bring an extra guy in the box because there is no one on that team that is going to take the top off the defense or at least the Packers are just not doing it as much as they were with Jordy.

On top of all that, the outside guys (James Jones and Davante Adams looking at you) both can't get any separation and when they do they have had their share of drops as well.

I never expected Jordy's absence to have such a huge impact, but it really does.

Adams is hot garbage and Cobb needs a #1 to draw the attention. A consistent running game would help as well and their offensive line is abysmal.

If they had a crappy QB they'd be the Cleveland Browns offense. And our OL hasn't had major injuries.

Well, part of the issue is that Cobb isn't the WR1 to begin with. He's a WR2 who had success when a healthy Nelson was in place as the WR1. Now, with no Nelson, Cobb is getting extra attention, and there's nobody else who really scares defenses, to be honest.

If Adams plays better, Rodgers (Richard) continues to emerge as a consistent threat, and somebody else (Jones/Abbrederis/Montgomery) can contribute from time to time, Cobb should see more success as a result.

Rodgers (Aaron) hasn't played well at times, either, but it's not all on him. Shaky pass protection has been a factor. And, a non-existent running game doesn't help.

• Like 1