[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Value of Peyton Manning rest of season

dope man

I don't have Peyton in any of my leagues, but I just want to believe he will play better at some point this season. I know they have O-line issues and he has struggled with the new offense as well, but was curious on all of your thoughts about if it is worth picking him up cheap or is he really just done???

He's got a nice 4 or 5 game stretch here after the bye.

if he doesn't average 275-300 yards and 2+ TDs in the first 2-3 of those games, I would seriously look elsewhere.

I drafted him in a couple leagues and glad that I was able to grab other guys just in case. Stafford in one, Newton in the other.

If I didn't have the luxury of having those backups, I would immediately be looking to the wire or making a trade for a backup just in case.

He got waived in 1 of my leagues I threw a token $39 bid out of $1,000 FA on him....won him....amazing how far he has fallen so fast. I will admit I got it wrong this year on Peyton I had him ranked as a top 5 QB...dead wrong I was on this one.

I'm having a hard time grasping Kubiacs refusal to realize the Pistol is the wrong offense for Peyton. Blows my mind.

Do you guys think Kubiak has the full support of Elway? Is horsie face trying to make this team his own, have them destruct with Peyton so he and his buddy can rebuild it in their own image and take all the credit.

This is like signing Brett Favre and then telling him "listen don't take any chances, just make the safe easy throws."

Yes I'm a frustrated Peyton owner, I thought I made a great pick (2nd round with 5 keepers 12 teams). I'll check the matchups week 8, but he could stay on my bench behind Eli. (Have been looking at waivers and not much there.)

He can't throw the damn ball anymore everything comes out more like a duck than ever he may have a good game or two going forward but his days as an elite FF QB are over

He's been throwing ducks ever since the neck surgeries, that's not new. It's the offensive scheme that has changed.

• Like 2

Do you guys think Kubiak has the full support of Elway? Is horsie face trying to make this team his own, have them destruct with Peyton so he and his buddy can rebuild it in their own image and take all the credit.

This is like signing Brett Favre and then telling him "listen don't take any chances, just make the safe easy throws."

Yes I'm a frustrated Peyton owner, I thought I made a great pick (2nd round with 5 keepers 12 teams). I'll check the matchups week 8, but he could stay on my bench behind Eli. (Have been looking at waivers and not much there.)

That's some pretty far fetched conspiracy theory IMO. Elway wants to win a SB and I think he really wants Peyton to get another one before he retires. I imagine he's pretty torn on this. He has enjoyed several years of Peyton, but the Kubiak system is what they were running when he finally got his 2 SB's as a QB.

That's some pretty far fetched conspiracy theory IMO. Elway wants to win a SB and I think he really wants Peyton to get another one before he retires. I imagine he's pretty torn on this. He has enjoyed several years of Peyton, but the Kubiak system is what they were running when he finally got his 2 SB's as a QB.

Yeah I know it sounds crazy. As for this scheme having won Elway his 2 SB, he and Peyton are very different QBs and I don't see Terrell Davis in that backfield.

• Like 1

Yeah I know it sounds crazy. As for this scheme having won Elway his 2 SB, he and Peyton are very different QBs and I don't see Terrell Davis in that backfield.

Exactly. Elway could scramble with the best of them right up to the day he retired.

• Like 1

If current playing trends continue, denver should be down by a score or 2 going into the 4th quarter next week. That's when we'll find out what Peyton REALLY has left in the tank. Kubiak will have no choice but to do what they did against KC. give him back the keys and see how it works out.

He's been throwing ducks ever since the neck surgeries, that's not new. It's the offensive scheme that has changed.

I definitely agree that since the surgeries it's been this way but it just seems like he can't even throw a 20 yard in or out without lofting it there not an ounce of zip anymore. His arm strength and feel for the ball have worsened in my opinion the last year or so more so than right after he came back. Just my :2cents:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

We'll, I just snagged him off a waiver wire in which I have Winston and Alex smith at qb, gambling that they straightened out some issues during bye week. This is my only area of weakness on this roster....hope he plays better than he has!

None. I just can't see him stringing together a couple of good games in a row, especially when the weather gets cold.

I believe this is it for Manning.