[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously?

timeconsumer

So today the commissioner of one of my leagues sends me a text asking what waiver position I was on Tuesday before I scored Deangelo Williams. I informed him I was #1. Apparently another owner placed accusations that he, in fact, held the #1 waiver at the time and should have received Williams.

Completely disregarding my normal policy of "The burden of proof lies with the accuser" I instead happily provided screenshots of both mine and the accuser's transactions over the past month. Screenshots showing him using waivers to pick up players as little as 2 weeks ago. Compared to my own transactions where my last waiver move was Sep 30.

In case that wasn't enough, I then forwarded an email chain correspondence between myself and another owner Oct 15 where we were laughing about my accuser burning his #1 waiver position on Robbie Gould, his second kicker, instead of Charcandrick West. The email also included us mentioning who was now holding the various waiver positions. Finally, I provided a screenshot of myself publicly commenting and laughing at the accuser on the same day after the famous kicker waiver move in the league's chat.

Don't get me wrong, I like this guy, and don't harbor any ill will. But I have no idea how in the world a smart guy like he came to this conclusion that somehow I was cheating the waiver system (or why he's made such dumb moves this year). I'm #1 in the league, so I know automatically I have a target on me. And right after the move I did attempt a (vetoed) trade with the commissioner to give him Shane Vereen for Tevin Coleman (I wanted my handcuff and was willing to overpay). Maybe that looked suspicious? I don't know. But c'mon man!

EDIT: And yes, we use rolling waivers. Let's not turn this into "OMG Blind Bidding is teh bezt!"

Edited by timeconsumer

Why would the commissioner question what you have done. Do you somehow have the ability to modify waiver order or otherwise cheat? Is waiver order not displayed somewhere prominently on the site (CBS shows it on many pages including the one where you make roster mvoes.)

Sounds like you had to do the commish's job to convince him (so can convince your accuser) that you didn't cheat. Sounds like pretty lazy on their part.

You're more forgiving than I am, I'd be pissed at the commish and the accuser.

Why would the commissioner question what you have done. Do you somehow have the ability to modify waiver order or otherwise cheat? Is waiver order not displayed somewhere prominently on the site (CBS shows it on many pages including the one where you make roster mvoes.)

Sounds like you had to do the commish's job to convince him (so can convince your accuser) that you didn't cheat. Sounds like pretty lazy on their part.

You're more forgiving than I am, I'd be pissed at the commish and the accuser.

Well, we're all friends and coworkers. I don't have access to change anything, but the commissioner does. And I think he asked me because he just didn't know where to start with gathering the evidence. I'm just still dumbfounded how oblivious people can be that they call foul play.

Why in the hell would someone veto Vereen for Coleman??? Really smoochieing ghey.

Probably because their teams suck.

Moses called he would like his stone tablets back when you get your league online, he's got some important notes to transcribe.

We're on Yahoo.....

Edited by timeconsumer

Sounds to me like the guy made a mistake what waiver position he was in and you're freaking out over it. Did anyone actually accused you of cheating the order or did the commish just ask you what position you were supposed to be in the way you posted? :shrug:

Sounds to me like the guy made a mistake what waiver position he was in and you're freaking out over it. Did anyone actually accused you of cheating the order or did the commish just ask you what position you were supposed to be in the way you posted? :shrug:

Maybe, maybe not. Nobody has spoken to me directly beyond the commissioner. And I'm keeping quiet about this situation and not making it public with the league, nor bringing it up with the other owner.

But considering the chat in the league chat and how all of a sudden every trade is being vetoed for spite (and they are vocal for that being the reason) the league has really regressed in professionalism and skill this year.

Why would the commish ask him? What if he had 5th spot and told the commish he was in 1st? Would the commish just believe him and tell the other "Nope he said he was 1st".

Sorry but we use waivers, I'm a co-commish in our league and I would have a pretty good idea of where people are on waivers each week (when the reset based on record). I suppose rolling waivers may be harder to follow, but if the site tracks it and does it properly, why is the commish asking any questions?

I can understand why timeconsumer feels he's being called a cheat.

So the other owner tried to pick somebody up, didn't get him, freaked out and asked the commish "WTF happened, why didn't I get him, wasn't I first on waiers?"

So the other owner tried to pick somebody up, didn't get him, freaked out and asked the commish "WTF happened, why didn't I get him, wasn't I first on waiers?"

From my understanding, yes. It was Deangelo Williams. I track waivers pretty often and usually take mental notes of who has the top 4, as well as where I am. I even had the Bell owner (and opponent of week 8) text me to congratulate me on the win and for picking up Williams. It's not too hard to keep track of.

EDIT: And yes, we use rolling waivers. Let's not turn this into "OMG Blind Bidding is teh bezt!"

Blind Bidding is better...

But considering the chat in the league chat and how all of a sudden every trade is being vetoed for spite (and they are vocal for that being the reason) the league has really regressed in professionalism and skill this year.

...and trades should never be up to a league vote.

:out:

Kinda sounds like coming home and your wife asks, "how was your day?." Then, you pull out a parking stub from work, a photo of you and a coworker, a reciept from the gas station and a GPS log for your commute home. A simple "fine" would have worked.

• Like 1

Kinda sounds like coming home and your wife asks, "how was your day?." Then, you pull out a parking stub from work, a photo of you and a coworker, a reciept from the gas station and a GPS log for your commute home. A simple "fine" would have worked.

Well, except the question was more like "Where were you? (Insert name here) told me he didn't see you at the office."

Or even more accurate your boss saying: "Hey, did you work that account? Bob told me he worked that account and thought he was getting the commission." And he asks this after you made some sacrifices to get that piece of business, and you worked for it. And it comes right after your coworkers decided as a group to deny you a different piece of business because they didn't like it. How would you feel?

But still, maybe you're right, maybe I am over-reacting. Further, maybe choosing to vent my frustrations over a rather insignificant situation to strangers (who probably don't and shouldn't care) over the internet was a bad decision. But then again, maybe we're all just flapping our gums about a whole lot of nothing on this website anyway. So what's a little more nothing to add to the pile? Maybe the best solution is for me to just pull up my pants and stop whining about it.....

Edited by timeconsumer

If I was the commish in that league a simple league email saying "The accuser is wrong, the waivers are correct".

Good luck in week 8.

A normal player can't manipulate the waivers on Yahoo so I dont know why the commish is even asking.

As I said in an earlier post, sounds like the commish was being lazy and paid little attention to what was going on in the league. Simple answer is "waivers cannot be manipulated by anybody but the commish, if he got the guy he was obvioulsy ahead of you in the waivers".