[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention Greg Hardy Appologists

BA Baracus

You don't think almost all of them have smoked Josh Gordon at some point in their lives? That's a felony. Or gotten into a fight while drunk? Also a felony even if it's with a man and not a woman.

I fully understand people's visceral reaction to seeing someone hurt a woman but first of all this is 2015 - assaulting a man or a woman should carry the same penalty (if the damage inflicted is the same), and second of all, if he's found guilty and does his time (no special treatment of course), obviously he doesn't play when he's in jail, but when he's out of jail I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to play. Seriously don't understand comments like "it has no place in this league" or whatever. once he's completed a punishment ordered and deliberated on by the state, as any citizen should, why is the nfl "too good for him"? But it'd be fine if he were say a doctor, to go back to being a doctor?

In many states smoking Josh Gordon is not a felony and in fact, for much of the population it isn't. Not unless you live in the deepest of red states. It's a $100 ticket in California. I'm not sure some of you really want to equate beating women with smoking a joint do you? Some of the Cowboy apologists on The Huddle are truly breathtaking in their willingness to overlook anything as long as it helps the Cowboys. Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 6

In many states smoking Josh Gordon is not a felony and in fact, for much of the population it isn't. Not unless you live in the deepest of red states. It's a $100 ticket in California. I'm not sure some of you really want to equate beating women with smoking a joint do you? Some of the Cowboy apologists on The Huddle are truly breathtaking in their willingness to overlook anything as long as it helps the Cowboys.

no of course not (I don't want to equate the two). Possession of Josh Gordon has been decriminalized or downgraded to a misdemeanor in many states over the past few years, but things were very different 5 years ago. the average NFL player is like what, 25, 26? so when these guys were 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, etc, it was likely a felony at that point. maybe not in california but most everywhere else.

so yeah, i'd guess that over 90% of NFL players have committed a felony at some point in their lives.

but my real point is that the NFL should let the criminal justice system handle criminal justice matters. that's, ya know, literally their job, and literally not the NFL's job. they shouldn't face a penalty from the NFL on top of the normal penalty they face as a citizen. and when they serve time, they don't play or get paid of course, but when (or, if) they come back, when they've paid their debt to society, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to play.

also like i said i understand the visceral reaction to huge men beating a woman but there shouldn't be an extra penalty because it was a woman compared to if he beat a man to the same degree. i'm not agreeing with the dude who basically implied she's trying to "get something out of it," but this is 2015, beating a human of either gender should be punished equally if they were beat just as harshly.

and trust me i am NO fan of the Cowboys. one of my least favorite teams.

Edited by pun

You don't think almost all of them have smoked Josh Gordon at some point in their lives? That's a felony. Or gotten into a fight while drunk? Also a felony even if it's with a man and not a woman.

I fully understand people's visceral reaction to seeing someone hurt a woman but first of all this is 2015 - assaulting a man or a woman should carry the same penalty (if the damage inflicted is the same), and second of all, if he's found guilty and does his time (no special treatment of course), obviously he doesn't play when he's in jail, but when he's out of jail I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to play. Seriously don't understand comments like "it has no place in this league" or whatever. once he's completed a punishment ordered and deliberated on by the state, as any citizen should, why is the nfl "too good for him"? But it'd be fine if he were say a doctor, to go back to being a doctor?

99% cmon man get real... You're committing a felony with this rubbish because you must be smoking crack :rofl:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 2

Alright well you guys are so fixated on the specific number (/trolling) and missing the bigger picture so I don't think there's much more value to this thread.

You know where I stand, you've cracked some bad jokes and I don't know where you stand, but it's all good. Continue with "ugh how can we allow thugs in this league!"

Edited by pun

Outside of athletics how many convicted felons get to keep their jobs?

no of course not (I don't want to equate the two). Possession of Josh Gordon has been decriminalized or downgraded to a misdemeanor in many states over the past few years, but things were very different 5 years ago. the average NFL player is like what, 25, 26? so when these guys were 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, etc, it was likely a felony at that point. maybe not in california but most everywhere else.

so yeah, i'd guess that over 90% of NFL players have committed a felony at some point in their lives.

but my real point is that the NFL should let the criminal justice system handle criminal justice matters. that's, ya know, literally their job, and literally not the NFL's job. they shouldn't face a penalty from the NFL on top of the normal penalty they face as a citizen. and when they serve time, they don't play or get paid of course, but when (or, if) they come back, when they've paid their debt to society, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to play.

also like i said i understand the visceral reaction to huge men beating a woman but there shouldn't be an extra penalty because it was a woman compared to if he beat a man to the same degree. i'm not agreeing with the dude who basically implied she's trying to "get something out of it," but this is 2015, beating a human of either gender should be punished equally if they were beat just as harshly.

and trust me i am NO fan of the Cowboys. one of my least favorite teams.

Don't know what country your in, but most people would lose their job from being accused and/or convicted of most felonies and even some misdemeanors. Yes the legal system is responsible for enforcing the law, but the NFL is 32 private enterprises that have the right to not employ someone. Just like any other business has the right to not employ someone after they've been accused or convicted of a crime.

You going to let Rae Carruth back in the league in 2018?

Outside of athletics how many convicted felons get to keep their jobs?

I think this should be illegal across the board (barring felons from being hired). Many states have already done things like eliminating the box where you check "I have been convicted of a felony" on job apps. But I think that anyone who pays their debt to society should come out with the slate wiped clean, whether they're an athlete, a banker, or a cashier.

The way we make life harder for felons in this country after they've already paid their debt is quite frankly f*cked up.

Edited by pun
  • Like 1

Don't know what country your in, but most people would lose their job from being accused and/or convicted of most felonies and even some misdemeanors. Yes the legal system is responsible for enforcing the law, but the NFL is 32 private enterprises that have the right to not employ someone. Just like any other business has the right to not employ someone after they've been accused or convicted of a crime.

Yep, you're pretty much writing out my point. Firstly the way we deal with felons in this country is f*cked up. Secondly, in response to the bold, I AM saying he should lose his job if he's convicted (though not accused - and most people wouldn't lose their jobs from an accusation in other industries) of a felony/high misdemeanor.

The NFL certainly has the legal right to fire someone after an accusation before the criminal justice system has had a chance to do its job, but I don't think they should.

Edited by pun

I think this should be illegal across the board (barring felons from being hired). Many states have already done things like eliminating the box where you check "I have been convicted of a felony" on job apps. But I think that anyone who pays their debt to society should come out with the slate wiped clean, whether they're an athlete, a banker, or a cashier.

The way we make life harder for felons in this country after they've already paid their debt is quite frankly f*cked up.

This I agree with.

• Like 1

99% cmon man get real... You're committing a felony with this rubbish because you must be smoking crack :rofl:

Thanks for that...I was trying to figure out where to even start...but this gets to the point.

F***ed up? Are you kidding me? Obama's about to release a few thousand federal prisoners, and he's giving them jobs, housing, an allowance, and transportation to help get them back on their feet. ... and yet we have people who served this country in combat who won't see anything comparable to that. That's what's f***ed up.

JMHO

Edited by Macksimus
  • Like 1

F***ed up? Are you kidding me? Obama's about to release a few thousand federal prisoners, and he's giving them jobs, housing, an allowance, and transportation to help get them back on their feet. ... and yet we have people who served this country in combat who won't see anything comparable to that. That's what's f***ed up.

JMHO

Good for him but that's not nearly enough. The criminal justice system / prison-industrial complex needs fundamental reform, not a bandaid.

The way we treat veterans is also despicable.

Edited by pun

90% - now you are getting closer to NBA numbers, not NFL.

I understand your point, but your percentages are way off. There are still many players in the league because they are football players and not just gifted athletes. Football players understand the greater good that the game brings to all men who have played it.

• Like 3

JMHO

Don't forget their free phones too! Thanks Obama! FTW!

The problem is that many of the criminals in the NFL have NOT paid their debt because of the extra latitude allowed to them because of their athletic prowess.

I don't like Vick, never have, never will. In addition I have never believed that Vick was that great of a QB. He was a great athlete with tons of athletic ability and speed ... but not really an NFL QB. I was astounded that he got a job after prison. But not because of his conviction, because I thought with his athletic decline he had nothing to offer as a QB. He paid his debt (some would say in spades) and I don't really have an issue with a team deciding to hire him (other than my belief that they were overrating his skills). Although you might question if the negative baggage associated with him was worth the declining skill set he brings.

Problem is, Hardy hasn't paid for taco. He's an unrepentant D-bag, and he should be beaten with a rubber hose and thrown in a stone box for a couple years, then maybe he's paid his debt.

Bottom line, the dude is a sack of turds that only Jerry Jones will employ. If he wasn't in the NFL, he would be in prison or dead, preferably the latter.

Edited by hardway