[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy football "experts"....

awesomebench

Is it me, or is 80% of info these days seem like watered down parroting of each other? Example: everywhere i look starks is a "hot waiver wire commodity'...show me a league that he's still available! There are plenty of people out there with true analysis, but much of it (probably network sponsored) seems like most media today...watered down bulltaco...

Rant over*

They go based off generic ownership statistics. A lot of times in competitive leagues you'll have to use a little common sense with waiver pickups as often times they're gone 1-2 weeks before they make lists like those, starks and deangelo are good examples of handcuffs thst should've been tied down two weeks in after the performance of lacy and Williams respectively. I usually like lists that spout off numbers and statistics as their reasoning as that's the most useful for me as I can full in the blanks with common sense. Whereas I'm not willing to do the footwork tracking percentages.

Also gotta keep in mind most leagues aren't really competitive, mostly friends just playing together, starks got picked up this week in waivers after I told my brother to grab him lol

Edited by Inziladun

I sometimes wonder if we overshoot free agents meaning we don't take into account how many little leagues there are out there. Most "veteran" FF'ers play in 12 team leagues or at least 10 team leagues with deeper rosters of 18 or more. But there are a lot of pay leagues that are 12 team with rosters of 14 or 15. And there is a widely varying level of expertise of team owners. I was over on NFL.com a few weeks ago and saw a free agent help piece. Every single one of the ten guys mentioned not only were not available in any league I was in, but they had been taken weeks before. But the guy gave out ownership percentages and I can only guess that the NFL.com leagues must have really small rosters.

I think that says more about the leagues you play in DMD as opposed to how helpful these "Waiver Wire targets" lists are. You probably play with people who've been around the block quite a few times and dedicate a little "too much time" to fantasy football. All of my leagues are filled with idiots who love to drop people and chase hype or just choose not to do much waiver wire targeting at all. To the point of me just being on this website on a semi-regular basis this season has been a huge advantage to me (combined with my sleeper bot updates)

I'd imagine most leagues are pretty non-competitive like that.

Put in the time to be your own expert. DMD is fun to read - most aren't, and it's crap.

It's pretty simple on MFL. % of adds/drops is where I start, and when you sort by free agent - that information is customized to your roster size. It's interesting to contrast as I play in 16, 14, and 12 team leagues.

• Like 2

Well, i wouldn't call myself an expert...but i do sumple research a lot. I haven't played for 5 years...i don't remember this much info being available. I've always followed the huddle, and one other site. But now with social media, too much crap is out there. Imo. Just an observation.

I had a passing thought the other day while listening to SiriusXM Fantasy Radio.

What if all these experts are touting certain waiver pickups and DFS choices, and don't pick them up or fade them in their lineups?

Probably not, but the cynic in me had that brief thought...

Problem is the "experts" that provide bottom feeder advice, like most of those on TV, or big sites like CBS nd ESPN. Here at the Huddle we get good info, there's another free site I use that is pretty good too. Free agent stuff is very difficult because of the different roster size and other factors. We have a deep bench so I'm used to most of them not being available.

Well, i wouldn't call myself an expert...but i do sumple research a lot. I haven't played for 5 years...i don't remember this much info being available. I've always followed the huddle, and one other site. But now with social media, too much crap is out there. Imo. Just an observation.

Well if it's as sumple as that then do more sumple research it sounds hot.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Problem is the "experts" that provide bottom feeder advice, like most of those on TV, or big sites like CBS nd ESPN. Here at the Huddle we get good info, there's another free site I use that is pretty good too. Free agent stuff is very difficult because of the different roster size and other factors. We have a deep bench so I'm used to most of them not being available.

Generally, I look over every box score to see if anyone had a big day....if something is particularly eye-popping, I'll check to see if he is on a roster; very rarely do I jump on a player after ONE big week, but if he has a 2nd solid day, I'll probably jettison a non-performer for him.

That method got me Gary Barnidge and Ben Watson this season. Barnidge has been a stone-cold stud, and Watson has been surprisingly solid. RBs and, increasingly, WRs are getting to be pretty combed-over.

Yeah on almost every occasion where I have watched a fantasy football hot free agent pick ups segment the players identified were either DRAFTED or have been unavailable for weeks. But they always talk about the low ownership percentage on what ever hosting site they use. Makes me think that it is lots of free leagues where owner interest is low, smaller leagues or leagues with very limited rosters. Whatever the reason, those segments have almost no value.

The Huddle has a free agent pick up report on Tuesday mornings ... they are better but I find that mostly half to three quarters of the players recommended there are not available.

Yeah on almost every occasion where I have watched a fantasy football hot free agent pick ups segment the players identified were either DRAFTED or have been unavailable for weeks. But they always talk about the low ownership percentage on what ever hosting site they use. Makes me think that it is lots of free leagues where owner interest is low, smaller leagues or leagues with very limited rosters. Whatever the reason, those segments have almost no value.

The Huddle has a free agent pick up report on Tuesday mornings ... they are better but I find that mostly half to three quarters of the players recommended there are not available.

It depends on your league....I recall during a BOTH draft, one of my leaguemates pointed out "this sucks, NO ONE is falling" - with a league of informed owners, good values and savvy waiver pickups get thin.

It depends on your league....I recall during a BOTH draft, one of my leaguemates pointed out "this sucks, NO ONE is falling" - with a league of informed owners, good values and savvy waiver pickups get thin.

Sadly, all my leagues are like this

:kicksrock: