[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This to me is lame

Scorcher

I am in the play offs and lost Blount, Rawls, and Eifert. If Eifert returns, who knows what his value will be. Because I somehow managed to have the best record I of course was last on the WW. I had bids in for brown, Bolden , and Robinson. Missed Brown and Bolden and Robinson was picked up by a team that isn't even in the playoffs. As a rule once I am out I I stay of the WW. I am the top seed with the weakest team. It is a keeper league but D Robinson is just a backup whose only value is in the forthcoming weeks.

Edited by Scorcher

We have a rule that eliminated teams cannot make waiver moves in the playoffs.

Players picked up during the playoffs are returned to the FA pool at the end of the season to remove any advantage for playoff teams picking up keepers.

That is how we do it as well, we add 2-3 extra roster spots during the playoffs (there are not a lot of moves and they cost more than in the regular season, $5 vs. 2.

If it isn't a keeper league you can do it the same way, without the players going back to FA pool. Leaving it so that any owner can add when not in the playoffs screws allows this stuff. You could also put the playoff teams in the top WW slots, so those not in the playoff cannot steal those players. Believe somebody mentioned doing that in their league, top 4 in playoffs get top 4 WW spots, next 4 in a consolation bracket, get 5-8 WW spots.

This is why we base our wire on a rolling system and not best team goes last. You burn a move on the wire and you drop to last. Every time somebody else uses a wire move they drop and you move up

• Like 2

This actually happened to me in one of my leagues. I'm pretty pissed, Brown and Robinson both pocked up by teams not in the playoffs... it's a redraft and they aren't playing for sympathy money. One of the teams responses sent me into a rant on the messages too "if your team was depending on Brown you were losing anyway" like a fresh RB hasn't scored 40 points on a manurety run defense this season... oh and neither team is even starting these players either... just playing keep away. I'm just happy I already made my money back by making second round of playoffs. After finding out post draft thst return yards counted for a whopping 1poimt per 20 yards and the pay outs being made known 1 week prior to playoffs it's safe to say I won't play again with this group

Edited by Inziladun

This actually happened to me in one of my leagues. I'm pretty pissed, Brown and Robinson both pocked up by teams not in the playoffs... it's a redraft and they aren't playing for sympathy money. One of the teams responses sent me into a rant on the messages too "if your team was depending on Brown you were losing anyway" like a fresh RB hasn't scored 40 points on a tacoty run defense this season... oh and neither team is even starting these players either... just playing keep away. I'm just happy I already made my money back by making second round of playoffs. After finding out post draft thst return yards counted for a whopping 1poimt per 20 yards and the pay outs being made known 1 week prior to playoffs it's safe to say I won't play again with this group

Are those teams still playing games, why and with what at stake? If they're playing and have something at stake why shouldn't they be allowed to add these players?

I thought I made it clear. They're playing meaningless games because yahoo still has runner up games. But there's no payout for them. I guess whether or not they're starting them is pointless because the games are meaningless bit that's my point

Edited by Inziladun

:shrug:

Your post said nothing about meaningless games that are part of some stupid Yahoo league with runner up games. You said they're not in the playoffs and no sympathy money is involved. So I had to wonder are they playing games, and for what? If they're still playing for something it makes sense they can still make moves. If they're playing meaningless games with nothing on the line because of some stupid Yahoo league software setting then it doesn't make sense for them to make moves, but the rules or commissioner should prevent that.

Sounds like a shady league with poorly written (or secret) rules, so not surprised it has issues like this.

Edited by stevegrab

this just occurred to me but you could do a rule where no player picked up once the playoffs start can be kept. and noone not in the playoffs can pick anyone up.

That is exactly what we do. And since no player can be kept we allow extra slots so you can add them, and still have your original roster available as keepers). We average 1-2 playoff moves a year.