[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC against the spread this week

HowboutthemCowboys

Pats -5

Den. -6.5. (Some books have nothing yet with pending injuries)

Belichick with 2 wks to prepare for KC (everyone knew they'd win). Edelman and Amendola back, Vollmer.

Coming off an embarrassment against Miami.

Not a fan of Reid in big spots.

Gimme NE all day long.

Waiting on injury status of Pitt players for that one.

I don't think DEN is near the lock that some do on the innerwebs

Who do you all have?

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Deangelo is a no go and don't like the reports on either Big Ben or Brown. With torn ligaments in Ben's throwing shoulder, I don't see how Pitt wins with or without Antonio against that D.

That being said, I would not bet on that 6.5 spread.

I'll take KC ATS and to win.

• Like 1

With torn ligaments in Ben's throwing shoulder

I take injury reports with a grain of salt in the playoffs. Everybody loves a hero who plays hurt. So teams and players exaggerate the extent of their injuries. Teams also want their opponent to game plan two different ways.

We do know that Ben left the last game at a critical time. So he was hurt. But he did come back. Players like Roethlisberger and Brown play through injuries in the playoffs.

I take injury reports with a grain of salt in the playoffs. Everybody loves a hero who plays hurt. So teams and players exaggerate the extent of their injuries. Teams also want their opponent to game plan two different ways.

We do know that Ben left the last game at a critical time. So he was hurt. But he did come back. Players like Roethlisberger and Brown play through injuries in the playoffs.

agree with but the Brown part.

Brown isn't just injured, he's concussed. Big difference

Deangelo is a no go and don't like the reports on either Big Ben or Brown. With torn ligaments in Ben's throwing shoulder, I don't see how Pitt wins with or without Antonio against that D.

agree about Pitt.

But I've seen Reid in big games against good coaches. I'll take NE all day in this one

New England 31-24

Pittsburgh 24-21 (with Ben and Brown)

Denver 27-17 (no Ben and Brown)

Belicheck, Brady, Playoffs, bye week. I don't think I need to keep going. If New England loses its next week, not against KC.

With Ben and Brown I think Pittsburg has what it takes here. I'm not a big Denver fan. Manning has looked like siht all year (when playing) and Pittsburgh has a way of showing up for a big game. Ben, Brown, Bryant, Weaton, I think is to much for Denver. I just hope Toussaint can handle his part against a tough D. Without Ben and Brown, Pittsburgh has no way to manage the ball and that plays right into Denver.

I like KC against NE. I think they have just enough to keep Brady on his toes and hes human when teams are able to do that to him. I say 20-14 KC.

Abit conflicted with our game and why people seem to be counting out the Broncos completely. Yes Pittsburg beat us the first time, but we were without both starting safetys and people forget for 1 half the only points they had were field goals and a drive with massive penalties against Denver. And that was with their squad at full health. Even if Ben plays our defense should be able to capitalize on his limited throwing abilities with that shoulder. Make him go deep and take away the middle just like teams have done to manning all year. I like Denver in that one 24-21. But in 2015 bronco typical fashion it will come down to our defense stopping a driving Steelers team to seal the win. Very dramatic and everything.

• Like 3

Being a homer i think there is too much to overcome. If I was the broncos I would keep everything on the Defense 20 yards are less until Ben can prove he can throw. If he can maybe we have a chance, but I doubt it overall. Steelers-9 for me I take Denver. Plus Brown and his fake concussion, Williams not being there....to many ifs for me. Having said all that GO STEELERS!

I like KC against NE. I think they have just enough to keep Brady on his toes and hes human when teams are able to do that to him. I say 20-14 KC.

Abit conflicted with our game and why people seem to be counting out the Broncos completely. Yes Pittsburg beat us the first time, but we were without both starting safetys and people forget for 1 half the only points they had were field goals and a drive with massive penalties against Denver. And that was with their squad at full health. Even if Ben plays our defense should be able to capitalize on his limited throwing abilities with that shoulder. Make him go deep and take away the middle just like teams have done to manning all year. I like Denver in that one 24-21. But in 2015 bronco typical fashion it will come down to our defense stopping a driving Steelers team to seal the win. Very dramatic and everything.

If KC wins the game they are going to have to score. I don't see any way that NE only scores 14 points. Tom Brady with all his weapons back in the playoffs at home scoring 14 points? No way. The Chiefs are getting way too much love. I think the Pats win by 2 touchdowns or more. Right now I will say 31-17.

As for the other game. I think Ben is going to be able to throw much better than we all expect. Remember that he came back in about 20 minutes after the injury and threw the ball. While, he didn't throw the ball more than 5 yards in the air he still threw the ball. That is significant. With a week of rest, I think he will be able to push the ball much further down the field. Maybe not in traditional fashion, but its not going to change their game plan that much. All that being said, this is still going to be a tough game. I think what I saw from the Steelers on defense against the Bengals is what gives them hope. They looked so much better than they did all season and I think they will step up again, knowing their offense is not going to put up their traditional 30+ points. They are going to get after Peyton and stop the run. I like for Ben to have a couple of great drives and for the Steelers to squeak out of Denver with a 16-13 win.

If KC wins the game they are going to have to score. I don't see any way that NE only scores 14 points. Tom Brady with all his weapons back in the playoffs at home scoring 14 points? No way. The Chiefs are getting way too much love. I think the Pats win by 2 touchdowns or more. Right now I will say 31-17.

As for the other game. I think Ben is going to be able to throw much better than we all expect. Remember that he came back in about 20 minutes after the injury and threw the ball. While, he didn't throw the ball more than 5 yards in the air he still threw the ball. That is significant. With a week of rest, I think he will be able to push the ball much further down the field. Maybe not in traditional fashion, but its not going to change their game plan that much. All that being said, this is still going to be a tough game. I think what I saw from the Steelers on defense against the Bengals is what gives them hope. They looked so much better than they did all season and I think they will step up again, knowing their offense is not going to put up their traditional 30+ points. They are going to get after Peyton and stop the run. I like for Ben to have a couple of great drives and for the Steelers to squeak out of Denver with a 16-13 win.

I think we need to meet in the middle on the NE/KC game. In their 11 game win streak they have not allowed more than 22 points to ANYBODY. I'm confused how NE manages 30+ in the playoffs with a raggly offensive line facing what is probably the second best defensive front in the NFL. And their secondary is no joke either. I like the KC Defense to score AT LEAST once. So they only really need to play ball control football which they are very capable of doing. I wouldn't be shocked to see NE win, but I'd be shocked to see them do it in blowout fashion.

As for big Ben I think you are waaaaaay too optimistic. Yes he came back into the game... And looked aweful. If Denver stops that running game it's over. Wade Phillips is going to go man to man every snap and bring the heat from the line. That's going to mean Big Ben is going to have to make pin point accurate throws.... Under pressure.... While hurt. Talib lives to jump routes so all its going to take is Ben to misplace 1 pass and its going back the other way. And all of this is assuming he even plays! We still don't know who's starting. I don't trust Manning much more than Ben, but I like our running game and defense better.

Bold prediction for the game - Big Ben throws 3 INT, and 1 goes back for a TD.

Edited by AX2RUN

I think we need to meet in the middle on the NE/KC game. In their 11 game win streak they have not allowed more than 22 points to ANYBODY. I'm confused how NE manages 30+ in the playoffs with a raggly offensive line facing what is probably the second best defensive front in the NFL. And their secondary is no joke either. I like the KC Defense to score AT LEAST once. So they only really need to play ball control football which they are very capable of doing. I wouldn't be shocked to see NE win, but I'd be shocked to see them do it in blowout fashion.

As for big Ben I think you are waaaaaay too optimistic. Yes he came back into the game... And looked aweful. If Denver stops that running game it's over. Wade Phillips is going to go man to man every snap and bring the heat from the line. That's going to mean Big Ben is going to have to make pin point accurate throws.... Under pressure.... While hurt. Talib lives to jump routes so all its going to take is Ben to misplace 1 pass and its going back the other way. And all of this is assuming he even plays! We still don't know who's starting. I don't trust Manning much more than Ben, but I like our running game and defense better.

Bold prediction for the game - Big Ben throws 3 INT, and 1 goes back for a TD.

All points made are very valid, but I still see NE putting up 31.

KC Win

Texans (2x)

Steelers (No Ben)

Lions

Broncos (Manning Implodes)

Chargers (2x)

Bills

Raiders (2x)

Ravens

Browns

KC Loss

Broncos

Packers

Bengals

Bears

Vikings

With the exception of the win vs Steelers (4th, 26.4 PPG) and loss vs Bengals (7th, 26.2 PPG) the Chiefs have not played a single team scoring better than 23.7 PPG (Bills ranked 12th). Outside of the Bills and Steelers (without Ben) they haven't won a game over an opponent who averages more than 23 PPG (Oakland 17th, 22.4)

New England averages 29.1 PPG, (3rd, behind CAR and ARI). In games Brady has been sacked 2 or more times (14) they average 29.9 PPG. Not to mention, Vollmer, Edleman, and Amendola will be back.

I still like new England 31-17

Edited by jamesplante11

KC is jelling at the right time and their game "translates well" for road games, but this is Belichick and Brady we're talking about here. I don't see KC getting past this round. 27-20 NE.

Too many injuries, too tough of a defense for Big Ben and the Steelers to get past Peyton and the Broncos. 27-24 Denver.

All points made are very valid, but I still see NE putting up 31.

KC Win

Texans (2x)

Steelers (No Ben)

Lions

Broncos (Manning Implodes)

Chargers (2x)

Bills

Raiders (2x)

Ravens

Browns

KC Loss

Broncos

Packers

Bengals

Bears

Vikings

With the exception of the win vs Steelers (4th, 26.4 PPG) and loss vs Bengals (7th, 26.2 PPG) the Chiefs have not played a single team scoring better than 23.7 PPG (Bills ranked 12th). Outside of the Bills and Steelers (without Ben) they haven't won a game over an opponent who averages more than 23 PPG (Oakland 17th, 22.4)

New England averages 29.1 PPG, (3rd, behind CAR and ARI). In games Brady has been sacked 2 or more times (14) they average 29.9 PPG. Not to mention, Vollmer, Edleman, and Amendola will be back.

I still like new England 31-17

Well we just have to agree to disagree on this game. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised to see NE win. I just don't expect to see either team lose by more than 1 score

KC is jelling at the right time and their game "translates well" for road games, but this is Belichick and Brady we're talking about here. I don't see KC getting past this round. 27-20 NE.

This is where I stand on this. I don't think Maclin plays either, so that's a pretty big negative for their offense. If Reid commits to running the ball and doesn't get cute, I think the Chiefs have a real chance here.

But man, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs win by 10.

This should be a real good game.

Too many injuries, too tough of a defense for Big Ben and the Steelers to get past Peyton and the Broncos. 27-24 Denver.

:brow:

• Like 1