[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams now hold NO.1 draft pick.

AX2RUN

Now, back to the more compelling part of all of this.....

Is it Wentz or Goff?

You'd think that the Rams obviously had their minds made up after giving up that much booty to net that #1 pick, but.... no.

Rams to meet with Wentz and Goff

I thought for sure they had settled on one or the other... this suggests they're not, unless they're playing a little cat and mouse with the Browns (and others).

I personally think it's Wentz. Goff's ceiling is like, Matt Ryan. Which isn't terrible but I think Wentz has far more upside. Worth the #1 pick? And what it took to get there? Who knows. We shall see. Should be one of the most compelling NFL drafts in a few years.

if they want one of the top 2, even if they're not sure which one, they pretty much had to move to #1 to ensure they have their pick. The Titans were not likely to take a QB, but some other team could have moved to #1 and sniped their guy.

Could also be that they expect the Browns to take a QB, so trading with them may be harder because they really want that pick.

And the Iggles covet Wentz, so they may move up to #2.... and the Brownies are willing to do that, apparently.

May just happen. NFL.com reports that the Browns are shopping #2 around.

I know that it's a QB driven league, but I really didn't anticipate these 2 QBs making the draft so interesting.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm still looking for the evidence from you.

And what evidence have you provided?

I gave plenty of reasons why the Chargers should draft an OT in post #56. We go against 3 of the top edge rushers in the league 6 times a year. Or is that point lost on you?

Do you normally give your opinion without any evidence to support it? You're clearly not one of the people that 'actually knows what they're talking about.'

I gave plenty of reasons why the Chargers should draft an OT in post #56. We go against 3 of the top edge rushers in the league 6 times a year. Or is that point lost on you?

You called out Darin for "Lack of evidence behind his opinion" while you provided an opinion, I asked about your "evidence", I understood your opinion.

Learning to read must be the next step for you

• Like 1

You called out Darin for "Lack of evidence behind his opinion" while you provided an opinion, I asked about your "evidence", I understood your opinion.

Learning to read must be the next step for you

Opinions are better supported through evidence, and my opinion had evidence to back it up. Are you really that dense?

No evidence - common sense.

Ramsey is a great fit for SD because he is the best player in the draft ready to make an immediate impact. He'll never make it past Dallas if the SD doesn't take him.

But - Buckner is who the Bolts really need, to keep people off Perryman so he can do that thing he's going to be doing for the next 8 years.

No trades, I see it as Wentz/Goff/Buckner/Ramsey/Bosa/Tunsil/Jack/Stanley for the top 8.

No evidence - common sense.

Ramsey is a great fit for SD because he is the best player in the draft ready to make an immediate impact. He'll never make it past Dallas if the SD doesn't take him.

But - Buckner is who the Bolts really need, to keep people off Perryman so he can do that thing he's going to be doing for the next 8 years.

No trades, I see it as Wentz/Goff/Buckner/Ramsey/Bosa/Tunsil/Jack/Stanley for the top 8.

I can see them taking Buckner, too. Lots of folks in the know - other than our resident "know it all" - down in SD seem to think they might just do that.

Better hope, however, that he's not just another Arik Armstead. :unsure:

I can see them taking Buckner, too. Lots of folks in the know - other than our resident "know it all" - down in SD seem to think they might just do that.

I could see us taking Buckner

Okay, I never disagreed with us taking Buckner and even said that earlier. The Ramsey pick is the one that makes the least sense to me even with how talented he is.

The 'know it all' line is pretty rich coming from you though. I wouldn't have reacted the way I did originally if you didn't carry yourself with this holier-than-thou attitude, and i've seen you be a condescending ass ton a number of occasions to other posters in the couple months or so that i've been here.

Opinions are better supported through evidence, and my opinion had evidence to back it up. Are you really that dense?

You don't get it, and probably won't. So keep talking about your evidence as if its some fact that supports your opinion.

All I can say is that it is surprising that the Charger "savants" are knowledgeable at all...San Diego Chargers can F*** this up totally and we'd all shrug...LOL ..70 degrees and mostly sunny...to much sun too little time> I love football and all but without that ring(2 meanings) on our finger who can really care? LA? Mexico? San Antonio? Hell? We are angry and MAY vote the same way. The draft is but a blip on our every day here. Fouts was our last true hero and LT pouted while we needed him, how long ago was that?

Still want a good draft just in case.

ps..I love LT (lol)

Edited by boltnlava

Okay, I never disagreed with us taking Buckner and even said that earlier. The Ramsey pick is the one that makes the least sense to me even with how talented he is.

The 'know it all' line is pretty rich coming from you though. I wouldn't have reacted the way I did originally if you didn't carry yourself with this holier-than-thou attitude, and i've seen you be a condescending ass ton a number of occasions to other posters in the couple months or so that i've been here.

If you simply suck at reading comprehension and blabber on and on, yeah you can expect me - or a handful of others that have seen clowns like you come and go - to call you out.

Feel free to have an opinion, but be prepared to back it up. And if you can't, have a thick enough skin to withstand the barrage of facts that are thrown at you in relation to what you've slung against the wall.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Again, evidence please (this is just an opinion)

• Like 1

If you simply suck at reading comprehension and blabber on and on, yeah you can expect me - or a handful of others that have seen clowns like you come and go - to call you out.

Feel free to have an opinion, but be prepared to back it up. And if you can't, have a thick enough skin to withstand the barrage of facts that are thrown at you in relation to what you've slung against the wall.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

are you admitting you are a condescending ass? Basically?

This would be the dream firft three picks for the Jags, 3 players that they aren't interested in. Top of their board is Ramsey, but even though their needs on defense are great, if Tunsil is there at 5 and Ramsey is gone they will either trade down or take Tunsil. I just don't see Bosa's value nearly as high as Tunsil, who is probably the best player in the draft.

How do you see the next 3 picks after that playing out? Who do you hope/think the Bears grab?

You'd think that the Rams obviously had their minds made up after giving up that much booty to net that #1 pick, but.... no.

Rams to meet with Wentz and Goff

I thought for sure they had settled on one or the other... this suggests they're not, unless they're playing a little cat and mouse with the Browns (and others).

Well apparently everyone is saying that the Rams are taking Goff. Like for sure.

Gotta say I really doubt the Rams haven't made up their mind. Cat & mouse game like you said, in case something unexpected were to happen like Cleveland making them an incredible offer for #1. The Rams gain nothing by letting their pick be known. Also, I have little doubt that teams are told not to reveal their picks beforehand by the NFL to keep up the suspense and all that because that's good for the media, draft night ratings, etc.

No actual evidence, lol, but I have read beat writers who seem very confident that they take Wentz... I don't think you can deduce who it is from the trade alone, because if they traded anywhere other than #1, that'd leave open the possibility for another team to trade to #1 and take their guy. Who said they are for sure taking Goff?

Gotta agree with Darin here. Simply stating that there are 3 elite pass rushers in your division is not evidence to back up selecting Tunsil. That just means you would make the pick in Madden because Mack, Houston, and Miller scare you. You don't have any clue what is in the minds of Chargers' upper management and neither do most of us. Is it possible they select Tunsil? Sure. Is it possible they select Ramsey? Absolutely.

• Like 1

How do you see the next 3 picks after that playing out? Who do you hope/think the Bears grab?

I had a hard time making it past Tampa Bay. I would look hard at Darron Lee there, and the Giants would be a great fit for Elliott.

When I think about this more, I'm simply putting the pieces in place to allow the Bears to take either Rankins or Lawson. They can't go wrong with either one of those guys to add to their DL rotations.

Wonder what folks think of the reported offer from the Eagles for the Browns #2

- Browns get Eagles #8, 2 3rds, 1st & 3rd in 2017

- Eagles get Browns #2, also heard they would get CLE 2nd round (but a report I'm reading doesn't include that).

I hear part of the problem with getting a great deal from PHI is they have no 2nd round pick, so they've got to toss in lots of other picks.

I think its a decent trade, but don't like giving up 2nd this year, or not getting much good value in this year's draft (if they move from 2-8 and no 2nd, but extra 3rds that's a step back.

Also is there really a 3rd franchise type QB worth a first round, especially top half/third of the round? Local sports anchor (and Browns radio voice) said that moving too far down means we cannt get a top QB. Seems there is debate that Goff/Wentz are worth top 3-5 picks, so is there really another one that is close and worth taking that high?

This local story has most of the details, but it isn't alone in reporting there have been talks and a CLE-PHI deal could happen

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/robert_griffin_iii_splits_firs.html#incart_2box

Edited by stevegrab

Gotta say I really doubt the Rams haven't made up their mind. Cat & mouse game like you said, in case something unexpected were to happen like Cleveland making them an incredible offer for #1. The Rams gain nothing by letting their pick be known. Also, I have little doubt that teams are told not to reveal their picks beforehand by the NFL to keep up the suspense and all that because that's good for the media, draft night ratings, etc.

No actual evidence, lol, but I have read beat writers who seem very confident that they take Wentz... I don't think you can deduce who it is from the trade alone, because if they traded anywhere other than #1, that'd leave open the possibility for another team to trade to #1 and take their guy. Who said they are for sure taking Goff?

Schefter for one... there were a few others.

What beatwriters have said Wentz? I live in LA, read the paper daily and listen to a ton of local sports talk radio. I haven't heard that.... doesn't mean it hasn't been said though. I should do the Google. :pc: