[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teddy Bridgewater injury

DMD

Vikings just confirmed dislocated knee and complete tear of ACL.

Yeah, I've wondered about him and McGloin (Raiders). Both solid backup QB's who deserve a look from the Vikes right now.

I'm not sure why either team would trade those guys though. Neither has a 3rd QB they can feel confident starting and both, but especially Oakland, have to feel like they are legit contenders and have no business moving their backup QB.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why either team would trade those guys though. Neither has a 3rd QB they can feel confident starting and both, but especially Oakland, have to feel like they are legit contenders and have no business moving their backup QB.

I don't think they would, but the sky was the limit for the Vikings this year, and might offer the house for a decent enough QB who could give them a playoff birth.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Statement-on-Teddy-Bridgewaters-Injury/06dcacf0-754d-4547-92b2-f86fdd3cddf5

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17424174/teddy-bridgewater-suffers-serious-knee-injury-minnesota-vikings-practice

Edited by Shaft

Can anyone give a sciency/medical explanation of how this can happen without a hit occurring? Just doing an average play in practice and...ouch.

Right? I thought the same thing back when the kid from Louisville snapped his leg jumping for a rebound like he's probably done a million times. If that can happen to him, could my leg snap in half as i hop off a curb during a 3 mile jog after work? Freaky

Can anyone give a sciency/medical explanation of how this can happen without a hit occurring? Just doing an average play in practice and...ouch.

Medicine is not my field, but having some athletic background I can tell you that an ACL tear can easily happen with a quick movement (i.e. cut, change of direction) while the knee is locked and your foot is planted. The ACL is what keeps the knee stable by connecting your upper and lower leg bones. It's common in football and soccer. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation.

Edited by Shaft

Medicine is not my field, but having some athletic background I can tell you that an ACL tear can easily happen with a quick movement (i.e. cut, change of direction) while the knee is locked and your foot is planted. The ACL is what keeps the knee stable by connecting your upper and lower leg bones. It's common in football and soccer. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation.

Like when I do a quick turn in the kitchen, going for seconds on the newly opened salsa?

• Like 2

I don't think they would, but the sky was the limit for the Vikings this year, and might offer the house for a decent enough QB who could give them a playoff birth.

Enter Sam Bradford. Seems like a good fit for both teams

• Like 2

Enter Sam Bradford. Seems like a good fit for both teams

That's pretty damn ingenious. I don't know if Wentz is good to go but I was always impressed with the way Chase Daniel looked in KC playing against the Chargers a couple times

Sad day here in MN... we all know this is HUGH in the locker room as Teddy is as well liked as any player anywhere. He is such a quality guy from a PR standpoint, was super engaging with the media and available to fans/kids for anything he was asked to help with. Wishing you a speedy recovery Teddy!

IMO he was having a great preseason with more emphasis on deeper throws and taking manures down field while still being able to run and shake safeties out of their jocks (see SD highlight)... Hill looks old and slow but hopefully he can pull us through... with our O-line I don't think he will make a whole season, so we should be looking for FAs.

• Like 1

Sad day here in MN... we all know this is HUGH in the locker room as Teddy is as well liked as any player anywhere. He is such a quality guy from a PR standpoint, was super engaging with the media and available to fans/kids for anything he was asked to help with. Wishing you a speedy recovery Teddy!

IMO he was having a great preseason with more emphasis on deeper throws and taking manures down field while still being able to run and shake safeties out of their jocks (see SD highlight)... Hill looks old and slow but hopefully he can pull us through... with our O-line I don't think he will make a whole season, so we should be looking for FAs.

So you are saying he threw the manure out of the ball?

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 2

So you are saying he threw the manure out of the ball?

OK well I was supposed to type SHOTS down field, but with my mind screaming "manure" ever since the Teddy announcement... I guess I made a mental mistake...

Right? I thought the same thing back when the kid from Louisville snapped his leg jumping for a rebound like he's probably done a million times. If that can happen to him, could my leg snap in half as i hop off a curb during a 3 mile jog after work? Freaky

59 YO. Life long runner 50,000 miles recorded. Had my left knee scoped in June, removed 1/3 of my medial meniscus due to degeneration. Doctor said I was very fortunate as this sort of wear is common among athletes in their 20's and sedentary people my age.

One of my running buddies had the same injury bumping into a sofa. Doctor said there's no guarantee you won't reinjure it again. I resumed running 6 weeks ago and don't give it a 2nd thought. That said, it is mindboggling his knee blew up like that.

Edited by MothAudio