[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk reportedly not on the plane to AZ.

knight526806

Link? I can't find this anywhere. Maybe Gronk is just flying his own private party jet?

Search twitter and you'll find it all over the place. Says he didn't fly but nothing ruling him out from possibly flying out tomorrow.

So all you know now is that if you own Gronk you really do need to plan for the worse.

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

Rob Gronkowski will not play this weekend at Arizona. According to Elias, the last time the Patriots were without their leading passer and receiver from the previous year in the season opener was in 1993. They were without Hugh Millen (QB) and Irving Fryar (WR).

ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17508455/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-not-play-sunday-arizona-cardinals

Edited by Shaft

Since Belicheat can't play as many injury status games with the new, condensed injury report maybe now he resorts to letting every sports news agency out there broadcast that Gronk didn't travel with the team and report their assumption that he must not be active this week. As others already posted, he still could fly out tomorrow and be revealed as dressed for the game right before kickoff. Not likely but then again I wouldn't be surprised, lol. This could make for a new, fun, weekly contest - which Patriot{s} didn't make the team flight this week? :p

• Like 1

Since Belicheat can't play as many injury status games with the new, condensed injury report maybe now he resorts to letting every sports news agency out there broadcast that Gronk didn't travel with the team and report their assumption that he must not be active this week. As others already posted, he still could fly out tomorrow and be revealed as dressed for the game right before kickoff. Not likely but then again I wouldn't be surprised, lol. This could make for a new, fun, weekly contest - which Patriot{s} didn't make the team flight this week? :p

He has been ruled out.

Even with no Gronk, it is hard for me to have total confidence is stating Marty B over say Delanie Walker (I have Delanie and Marty B on the same team). Facing AZ Defense, the Jimmy is no Tom Brady, all factor in the doubt I have (or lack of confidence) I have in Marty B just popping in for 8/100/1

I think this gives James White a hugh (purposely mispelled for all those newer huddlers) boost and a must start flex player in PPR.

If he is indeed out, I am starting Bennett in all my leagues I own him. Also, benching Maclin for him in my local without hesitation (we can use TE in WR slots, no mandatory TE).

With Garoppolo starting as QB, doing what you suggest is a very risky proposition. With brady, sure. But with GarpoLOL, you are taking an unwarranted risk.

• Like 1

I have Bennett in a few leagues and I am seriously considering him over other tier 3 guys like JThomas and Allen. Had to predict but young QBs tend to target TE's but who knows what Billy does with the game plan.

I will need a 12 pack, a bag of Cheetos and my thinking pants to make this decision.

I have Bennett in a few leagues and I am seriously considering him over other tier 3 guys like JThomas and Allen. Had to predict but young QBs tend to target TE's but who knows what Billy does with the game plan.

I will need a 12 pack, a bag of Cheetos and my thinking pants to make this decision.

I'm rolling with Bennett over Allen right now.

Tough choice but I have a feeling that Jimmy relies on James White and Bennett quite a bit in the AZ game. Obviously I own both so I may be a tad optimistic. How much offense can NE gain without Tom Brady against AZ? Not sure, but they will most likely fall behind and play catch up.