[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Gronkowski suffered punctured lung

michaelredd9

Report: Gronkowski suffered punctured lung

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347978/report-gronkowski-suffered-punctured-lung?ls=roto:NE:topheadlines

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Rob Gronkowski suffered a punctured lung in Sunday night's Week 10 loss to the Seahawks.

According to RapSheet, Gronkowski "could miss just one game," which would suggest he's at least out for Week 11 against the 49ers. It's not a bad game to miss, as the Patriots should handle the hapless San Francisco team, but fantasy owners will have to find a replacement with the playoffs right around the corner. We assume Gronkowski was hurt on the Earl Thomas hit.
Nov 14 - 6:40 PM

The Patriots next 3 games are @SF, @NYJ, and LA Rams. The Patriots don't need to rush him back against such weak opponents. But I'm sure they'll play shenanigans and say he is possibly coming back even if he isn't since teams game plan so differently for him.

Yeah, they'll probably be patient with him to keep him strong for the playoffs. I think this is finally the moment Edelman owners can rejoice. He should be getting additional targets and those first two matchups are extra juicy.

It might not be that serious. He did play the rest of the game after it happened.

Yup,I heard he misses 1 game at most.

These threads are a bunch of BS. He's injured, how bad...real bad, oh not so bad, oh it's not what they said it was.

He's out of the game, what happened, oh crap there goes my season, oh he's back in again.

The sports landscape is full of people over reacting to things then believing the opposite of what they first heard regardless of who the sources are. It is pretty damn hilarious at times.

It might not be that serious. He did play the rest of the game after it happened.

Medical expert on radio today said injuries like this can take hours - if not days - to be fully realized. He may have been able to tough it out Sunday night, but come Monday morning or later in the day it could have been worse.

It now sounds like he has a "perforated lung", which I guess sounds better than "punctured". That said, he wasn't even allowed to fly today.

Zero chance he plays this weekend. Not against the fledgling Niners, especially with Bennett ready to slide in as their #1 TE.