[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Imagine you drafted this team

BeeR

Say you drafted (note this doesn't even include people knocked out for long periods due to injury, which is considerable)

QB - Ryan (or Carr if you prefer)

RB - D Murray, Ajayi, Kelley

WR - Cooper, Hilton, Pryor

TE - Graham

You're thinking holy hell I fleeced these people..easy title...

Yeah a lot of bad breaks but that is also a very high risk draft.

All of these are risks a experienced manager would try to avoid.

Ryan and Carr were both very overrated basing there performance on one year.

Drafting Hilton when you know that Luck is going out for 1st 6 weeks.

You know Murray will be splitting work with an up and coming Henry

Ajayi has very little historical data coming into this year. And Cutler as your starting AN

Pryor, Cooper, and Graham are the FF gods taking a dump on this team.

Not saying you can't take risks, (I took Ajayi in 1 league) but you need to mediate risk. This much risk would of shown it's ugly head eventually.

• Like 1

That draft doesn't seem realistic since a lot of those players would go back to back, but I see the point.

It's more realistic to have 

QB: Smith or Wentz

RB: Hunt, Fournette, Ingram, Kamara, 

WR: Brown, Hopkins, Crabtree, Hogan

TE: Brate

Then say "I'm fugged" after the draft. 

11 hours ago, BeeR said:

Say you drafted (note this doesn't even include people knocked out for long periods due to injury, which is considerable)

QB - Ryan (or Carr if you prefer)

RB - D Murray, Ajayi, Kelley

WR - Cooper, Hilton, Pryor

TE - Graham

You're thinking holy hell I fleeced these people..easy title...

That team has quite a few players I was avoiding draft day. 

28 minutes ago, Def. said:

That team has quite a few players I was avoiding draft day. 

Yes, not necessarily avoiding.  Ryan, Murray, Hilton, and Pryor are 3 guys I had as being overvalued at their ADPs.  Of course I didn't think Ryan would be struggling at the level he is.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Boy did people really drink the Pryor koolaid?

Guilty of drinking the "If he puts up those numbers with the Browns QB carrousel imagine what he could do with someone like Cousins" koolaid. Now I am hopping he explodes vs Philly so I can get some of his ADP value back (24th overall)

13 hours ago, Wiseman155 said:

Yeah a lot of bad breaks but that is also a very high risk draft.

All of these are risks a experienced manager would try to avoid.

Ryan and Carr were both very overrated basing there performance on one year.

Drafting Hilton when you know that Luck is going out for 1st 6 weeks.

You know Murray will be splitting work with an up and coming Henry

Ajayi has very little historical data coming into this year. And Cutler as your starting AN

Pryor, Cooper, and Graham are the FF gods taking a dump on this team.

Not saying you can't take risks, (I took Ajayi in 1 league) but you need to mediate risk. This much risk would of shown it's ugly head eventually.

And you were saying all this stuff in August right?    Riiiiiiiiight....   ;)

Nobody knew Luck was out for 6 weeks then, nor did they "know" how much work Henry would get...in fact before last year, people thought Henry would take over, but Murray proved to be the man, and was highly touted this year draft-wise.  Ajayi was also pretty highly rated.

There may be better examples, I just find it funny (sometimes in an exasperating way when I'm victim) how different August expectations and predictions turn out to be.  Cmon, Alex Smith tearing it up?  I'm still convinced that won't last much longer.  It's Alex freaking Smith. 

I'll never forget one year I played with a new league and had such a strong draft I was disappointed because I clearly was playing with guys who were clueless, and it did in fact look that way after the draft.  It wasn't for much money, so there wasn't that, I just liked the competition...but I felt like I was playing with a bunch of old grandmas.  Too easy is no fun. 

I think I went 7-7.  lol

I had Cooper last year on a few teams and he was 100% on my "do not draft" list. I saw this year coming, he had been slumping long into last year. I don't know what happened to him considering his insane talent but I had enough of the frustration after one year on my teams.

This is what I drafted imagine this 

standard scoring btw

We had this draft before the news hunt would take over for ware... A lot of rbs were taken 1st round.. I went with brown for my number 1 pick.. I picked 4th I believe and aj green with my round 2 .. And I actually scored hunt in round ten.. Imagine that

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Vato22