[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernick "not the right QB for us"?

Papa Deuce

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

No. He has no grounds for a lawsuit. The Government can't tell you who to hire or how to run your business.

Except for the fact he has a lawsuit, and the NFL just lost their motion to have it dismissed, you're dead on here :rolleyes:

The government absolutely can tell you how to run your business.  They do it all the time.  OHSAA, EEO, IRS - there are 1000's of ways they tell you want you can and can't do.  I mean, do you even live in the US?  This statement is incomprehensible.

• Thanks 2

Just now, flemingd said:

Except for the fact he has a lawsuit, and the NFL just lost their motion to have it dismissed, you're dead on here :rolleyes:

The government absolutely can tell you how to run your business.  They do it all the time.  OHSAA, EEO, IRS - there are 1000's of ways they tell you want you can and can't do.  I mean, do you even live in the US?  This statement is incomprehensible.

Thank you!

Just now, flemingd said:

You forgot that he was offered other jobs in the NFL and declined.

3 minutes ago, flemingd said:

None of which apply to this 

Edited by League_Champion

56 minutes ago, Shaft said:

It shows his intent was not to disrespect the military. But we all know one person can't speak for a whole group. Unless a comprehensive survey is done, any generalizing statements on how the military feels is pure speculation.

Intent doesn't really matter. If such a large number of people find it offensive, regardless of intent, then you're going about it the wrong way. You don't affect change by offending people. 

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Thank you!

For what?  You're still wrong.  Unless the owners have collectively banded together to not hire him, there's nothing to see here.  He has the right to protest, and teams have the right not to pay him to do it on their time in their uniform.

4 minutes ago, flemingd said:

For what?  You're still wrong.  Unless the owners have collectively banded together to not hire him, there's nothing to see here.  He has the right to protest, and teams have the right not to pay him to do it on their time in their uniform.

I was thanking you for the argument about the US government in regards to the private sector. Where am I wrong? I didn't take a stance with his protesting

Just now, Shaft said:

I was thanking you for the argument about the US government in regards to the private sector. Where am I wrong? I didn't take a stance with his protesting

Your wrong everywhere. They honored his contract. There is nothing to see here. 

The only thing you can hope for is that he can prove collusion. Which is almost impossible considering he turned down other offers from other teams. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

Your wrong everywhere. They honored his contract. There is nothing to see here. 

The only thing you can hope for is that he can prove collusion. Which is almost impossible considering he turned down other offers from other teams. 

Wrong everywhere? Please show...

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Listen, we can do this for a week. We just see it differently. I appreciate and respect your views. We just don't see it the same.

Cool...on to the next WDIS thread.

17 minutes ago, Piranha said:

I'm amazed that we're still talking about this. 

Well the disparity between those who think he is being colluded against and those who just think he is not a good QB with extra baggage is for some odd reason quite large. 

38 minutes ago, Piranha said:

I'm amazed that we're still talking about this. 

Yeah, not exactly the same, but for how many years were people clamoring for Jeff George. 6 teams later and 2 years removed from football and the Bears were stupid enough to bite. Then two years later the Raiders tried again. 

Again, Kaepernick hasn't played in nearly 2 years and wasn't that good to begin with. Why anyone would sign him as a backup QB and subject themselves to that headache is beyond me. 

Edited by rajncajn

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

It's only because WAS wouldn't sign him, but are fine with players who abuse women and children on their team. It's the hypocrisy of not only the NFL and WAS, but society.

How is kneeling more offensive than those who beat defenseless people?

(mind you, I disagree with Kaep, his kneeling, and his "movement", but if the team allows him to kneel, then they're really the one who's at fault)

Yup. The whole thing is a mess. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Yeah, not exactly the same, but for how many years were people clamoring for Jeff George. 6 teams later and 2 years removed from football and the Bears were stupid enough to bite. Then two years later the Raiders tried again. 

Again, Kaepernick hasn't played in nearly 2 years and wasn't that good to begin with. Why anyone would sign him as a backup QB and subject themselves to that headache is beyond me. 

I loved George. :unsure:

• DMD locked this topic