[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernick "not the right QB for us"?

Papa Deuce

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

It's only because WAS wouldn't sign him, but are fine with players who abuse women and children on their team. It's the hypocrisy of not only the NFL and WAS, but society.

How is kneeling more offensive than those who beat defenseless people?

(mind you, I disagree with Kaep, his kneeling, and his "movement", but if the team allows him to kneel, then they're really the one who's at fault)

Well, that, and he is likely a big upgrade over Sanchez while they try to stay in the playoff hunt.

• Thanks 1

But when people speak our minds against what he did we are labeled as a racist?  That's the BS of the whole situation.

He has been out of the game for 2 years.  I would imagine he doesn't look good when he does work out for teams and they actually have a reason for not signing him.  He wasn't an accurate passer before, what do you think a 2 year layoff has done for him?

4 minutes ago, Papa Deuce said:

BTW, as an aside, while I would not kneel, all the people in the military who have fought for us, have fought to some degree or another, for the right to speak our minds. That's all Kaep did.

And this probably didn't help.

Following Colin Kaepernick's decision to go public with his stand against the national anthem -- Kap is refusing to stand when the "Star-Spangled Banner" is played before NFL games -- a picture of the 49ers quarterback emerged of him wearing socks with pigs and police hats on them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Papa Deuce said:

Well, he's better than Sanchez..........

This blackballing is ridiculous..... and I don't even really think Kaepernick is all that good....

What blackballing?  You mean nobody wanting the PR mess that goes with him, for his limited abilities?

Has he even said he would be interested in still playing?  Remember HE QUIT, walked away from a contract with the 49ers. He was not cut or released.

The ridiculous part is the people calling this blackballing.

For the record I don't hate him, or any of the other NFL players protesting by kneeling. 

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

his 1st amendment rights should not be punished via a professional blackballing. If you hate anyone, it should be the NFL for how they handled it. And the media scum for trying to get ratings off of it.

First amendment has NOTHING to do with this. Has the government thrown him in jail, or done anything to stifle his voice?

Just going to leave this here, since some people continue to claim (wrongly) that he was fired by the 49ers.  If somebody has a source that backs that up please provide it. Otherwise accept that he QUIT. Sure they may have planned to fire him, and he should have let them if he wants to sue them for unfair termination.  (Not sure what his current lawsuit covers, don't have time to dig into it now.)

Kaerpnick opts out of contract

46 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

And this probably didn't help.

Following Colin Kaepernick's decision to go public with his stand against the national anthem -- Kap is refusing to stand when the "Star-Spangled Banner" is played before NFL games -- a picture of the 49ers quarterback emerged of him wearing socks with pigs and police hats on them.

Yeah. That was lame.  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

What blackballing?  You mean nobody wanting the PR mess that goes with him, for his limited abilities?

Has he even said he would be interested in still playing?  Remember HE QUIT, walked away from a contract with the 49ers. He was not cut or released.

The ridiculous part is the people calling this blackballing.

For the record I don't hate him, or any of the other NFL players protesting by kneeling. 

Perfectly stated 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Can we focus on the fact that WAS will hire predators?

Not just WAS. Many teams are willing to overlook character as long as the player is good enough. Kap's problem was he was not a very good QB and was asking for too much. Add the PR nightmare and it was not good business. Owners want to win and most will do it with any players they can despite who they are or what they do.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

My confusion is because you and I agreed to not talk to each other. That lasted two days.

Sorry felt the agreement was more about not having pointless petty arguments. I've actually got you on ignore now, but this topic interests me so I was looking at what you and others said, even if ignored. 

On 12/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, stevegrab said:

Just going to leave this here, since some people continue to claim (wrongly) that he was fired by the 49ers.  If somebody has a source that backs that up please provide it. Otherwise accept that he QUIT. Sure they may have planned to fire him, and he should have let them if he wants to sue them for unfair termination.  (Not sure what his current lawsuit covers, don't have time to dig into it now.)

Kaerpnick opts out of contract

He opted out of the contract but there was 0 chance the 49ers weren't going to cut him so he made a business decision at the time.  Really don't think that has anything at all to do with the broader discussion.

4 hours ago, Jackass said:

He opted out of the contract but there was 0 chance the 49ers weren't going to cut him so he made a business decision at the time.  Really don't think that has anything at all to do with the broader discussion.

Yes I'm aware the team was planning to cut him, but I'm not sure I follow how it was a business decision for him, or at least a wise one. Did that give him more leverage?  

IMHO it would look better to be claiming he's been blackballed if he hadn't opted out himself, and the 49ers then cut him. 

I agree that that important to the larger discussion and my obsession with facts got the better of me. 

Besides being benched for poor play, he was a problem for the 49ers aside from his sub-par field play.

The people that rally behind him are doing for reasons that have nothing to do with football because the guy just wasn't that good. 

Here's a comparison of the last 3 years for Collin Kaepernick and his closest doppelganger.

Colin Kaepernick

Gms Att Comp Comp % YD TD Int Int % Rush Yds TD Fum
16 478 289 60% 3369 19 10 2% 104 639 1 5
9 244 144 59% 1615 6 5 2% 45 256 1 1
12 331 196 59% 2241 16 4 1% 69 468 2 3

Total 1053 629 60% 7225 41 19 2% 218 1363 4 9

Tyrod Taylor

14 380 242 64% 3035 20 6 2% 104 568 4 1
15 436 269 62% 3023 17 6 1% 95 580 6 2
15 420 263 63% 2799 14 4 1% 84 427 4 2

Total 1236 774 63% 8857 51 16 1% 283 1575 14

Taylor had better numbers and in a very similar way. And Taylor is no longer a starter in the NFL either.

Is Kaepernick worth being a back-up QB? Who cares? He wasn't good enough to start. He won't be any better now. It's not hard to see why an NFL team would not want to have a back-up quality QB (at best) that alienates many fans intentionally. He's way better off making Nike commercials than holding a clipboard on the sideline anyway.

7 minutes ago, DMD said:

Besides being benched for poor play, he was a problem for the 49ers aside from his sub-par field play.

The people that rally behind him are doing for reasons that have nothing to do with football because the guy just wasn't that good. 

Here's a comparison of the last 3 years for Collin Kaepernick and his closest doppelganger.

Colin Kaepernick

16 478 289 60% 3369 19 10 2% 104 639 1 5
9 244 144 59% 1615 6 5 2% 45 256 1 1
12 331 196 59% 2241 16 4 1% 69 468 2 3

Total 1053 629 60% 7225 41 19 2% 218 1363 4 9

Tyrod Taylor

14 380 242 64% 3035 20 6 2% 104 568 4 1
15 436 269 62% 3023 17 6 1% 95 580 6 2
15 420 263 63% 2799 14 4 1% 84 427 4 2

Total 1236 774 63% 8857 51 16 1% 283 1575 14

Taylor had better numbers and in a very similar way. And Taylor is no longer a starter in the NFL either.

Is Kaepernick worth being a back-up QB? Who cares? He wasn't good enough to start. He won't be any better now. It's not hard to see why an NFL team would not want to have a back-up quality QB (at best) that alienates many fans intentionally. He's way better off making Nike commercials than holding a clipboard on the sideline anyway.

I agree. Some people just can't let it go.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

:like:

2 hours ago, DMD said:

It's not hard to see why an NFL team would not want to have a back-up quality QB (at best) that alienates many fans intentionally.

Resting your playoff hopes on someone like Mark Sanchez when there is clearly a better option available is stupid football management.

However, every team has a right to manage their team in a stupid manner because they are scared of offending the overly sensitive NFL right wing fan base. It is a PC nation after all.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Resting your hopes on someone like Mark Sanchez when there is clearly a better option available is stupid football management.

However, every team has a right to manage their team in a stupid manner because they are scared of offending fans. It is a PC nation after all.

Do you honestly believe Kaepernick gives them a chance?

On 12/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, kdko said:

Classy.  What's he a POS for exactly? 

You mean other than the pig socks he wore after the Dallas cops were shot? Or how about the Fidel Castro shirt he wore at a press conference in Miami?

• DMD locked this topic