[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Remembering 9/11

Shaft

Let's put our differences aside as we remember a day that impacted us 20 years ago. I had just left NJ/NY for graduate school in the midwest and I remember being in a state of shock as I watching it unfold on television. I will never forget and always be grateful to the first responders.

911.jpg

• Like 1

Yes good idea. As mentioned elsewhere I visited the Flight 93 Memorial in PA this year, very surreal place and quite the experience. Its nice they've done some things for the young people to learn about this, as we've already had a generation grow up since that happened. Spent some time yesterday reflecting on that day, and the weeks after. 

NEVER FORGET

On 9/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, Montana is da Man said:

I wish we could get back to the unity this country showed in the days, weeks, months following 9/11.  Being there during the event I watched people helping people and they didn't care about political beliefs, skin color,  ethnicity, religion, or age.  

We can if people stop listening to and watching mainstream media.  Our media is doing us no favors by being dishonest 95% of the time.  Anyone downplaying freedom is massively confused or doing it deliberately to destroy the fabric of our once great country.  United we stand, divided we fall.  There is NO tolerance for tyranny.  Defend freedom by all means and standup to tyranny like your life depends on it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

We can if people stop listening to and watching mainstream media.  Our media is doing us no favors by being dishonest 95% of the time.

I'd rather people learn a modicum of critical thinking and understand that nearly all media is a business whose interest is not to inform you, but rather to generate interest and invest you in their product. Whether that be negatively or positively, it makes no difference. They profit from your attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I'd rather people learn a modicum of critical thinking and understand that nearly all media is a business whose interest is not to inform you, but rather to generate interest and invest you in their product. Whether that be negatively or positively, it makes no difference. They profit from your attention.

Well said. I find it amusing to see people from one side of the political spectrum frequently posting on a media outlet from the other side complaining about the content, how things are not covered the way they want, or how their views are always censored (apparently not since I see them). Like they don't realize their hundreds of clicks a day on that site are a benefit to that evil media outlet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Well said. I find it amusing to see people from one side of the political spectrum frequently posting on a media outlet from the other side complaining about the content, how things are not covered the way they want, or how their views are always censored (apparently not since I see them). Like they don't realize their hundreds of clicks a day on that site are a benefit to that evil media outlet. 

I don't particularly see media as evil per se, but they are definitely manipulative and they are grand masters at it.

• Like 2

The media is 100% owned by and working for the same tyrants who are eliminating our culture and trying to force everyone into a social credit system where you will have no freedoms.  Didn't get that 8th booster shot, they will withhold your paycheck. You want to see the future of America?  The playbook is currently being revealed in China.  Wake up, America. We are being led down a path that is inescapable.  The best thing one can do is stop watching TV.  Seek information from books and alternative sources, anything but MSM.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• DMD locked this topic