[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

M Mack trade chatter gone quiet?

FinishTheDrill

I figured with this years Rb issues all over the league that someone would snatch him up.  $5 or 600k is a small price to pay for some insurance.  

Not being enamored with CEH, I thought that KC would be a possible destination.  

Any other chatter recently?  

Think it'll happen last minute with no pre-annoucenment?

It seems to have gone quiet, more eyes on the Hou/NO and Hou/Miami stuff.  

From skimming news about him seems there were several teams (NO, SF, KC) that were interested but most of that chatter was a week or more ago, nothing much since. Seems that the Colts haven't been too interested in any of the offers that came in. Speculation is if he isn't traded the Colts will still use him only sparingly. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Nothing, huh?  I am a little surprised.

I'm not.  At some point these clubs wise up and figure out that a capable backup RB can be gold.  By no means is Jonathan Taylor getting Derrick Henry level of usage, but Taylor's usage is up there.  I think Mack is worth more to the Colts right now than some mid-round pick.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I'm not.  At some point these clubs wise up and figure out that a capable backup RB can be gold.  By no means is Jonathan Taylor getting Derrick Henry level of usage, but Taylor's usage is up there.  I think Mack is worth more to the Colts right now than some mid-round pick.

I'll buy that, but he's their #3, not even #2.  But yeah, cheap insurance I guess.  Shame the guy isnt really playing though, whereas he could be elsewhere. 

But yeah, I guess youa re right.

38 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I'll buy that, but he's their #3, not even #2.  But yeah, cheap insurance I guess.  Shame the guy isnt really playing though, whereas he could be elsewhere. 

But yeah, I guess youa re right.

:blink:  Who do you think their #2 is right now?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Hines would not assume full-time duties should Taylor go down.  I would suspect the every-down role would shift to Mack, with Hines keeping his change-of-pace role.

Its also somewhat common, and why you cannot trust a simple team depth chart. Another fantasy info site I've used had depth charts with the one column for NFL and one for fantasy. But even then sometimes the real backup to the starter who carries the load isn't ranked ahead of the COP (change of pace) back, having Hines second. 

Just one of those things you need to keep in mind while navigating the minefield that is this wonderful hobby.

• 3 weeks later...