[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft grades 2022 - All Teams

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

I've never paid any attention to draft grades. Just go back and look at draft grades from previous seasons to see why. 

In 2012 Seattle went Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, and Russel Wilson rounds 1 through 3.  They got a bunch of F 'grades' in what ended up being a very good long term LB/Edge tweener and two future hall of gamers.  

I like the the draft and it's fun to chat about.  But evaluating is largely useless until 2 or 3 years down the road minimum.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

In 2012 Seattle went Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, and Russel Wilson rounds 1 through 3.  They got a bunch of F 'grades' in what ended up being a very good long term LB/Edge tweener and two future hall of gamers.  

I like the the draft and it's fun to chat about.  But evaluating is largely useless until 2 or 3 years down the road minimum.

This is the evaluation I was looking for, and they use your 2012 Seahawks draft as one of the examples. Answer for this study: weak correlation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/sorry-but-nfl-draft-grades-cant-tell-you-who-had-a-good-draft/amp/

Edited by purplemonster

18 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

This is the evaluation I was looking for, and they use your 2012 Seahawks draft as one of the examples. Answer for this study: weak correlation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/sorry-but-nfl-draft-grades-cant-tell-you-who-had-a-good-draft/amp/

Love 538. That 2012 draft got the highest value ranking in the entire data set.  Wowza.  

23 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I've never paid any attention to draft grades. Just go back and look at draft grades from previous seasons to see why. 

Good example is the Saints 2017 draft. A lot of C's and B-'s. When all of them were A's. Those draft grades are bull crap. Like this year they gave the Saints a C- (a few other articles not this one) when its more of a B+. Also, they signed a couple really good UDFA. 

Edited by CrazyCajun

On 5/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, Big John said:

So no grades below a C-

And 25 of 32 teams with a B- or better, doesn't seem normal. 

Was this written in another language and translated? Some of the phrases are beyond odd.