[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie RB's and a few other question marks

purplemonster

Wondering what peoples' thoughts are on the rookie RB's. None of these guys are going very high

Breece Hall-Jets Round 2. this guy I like the most because he is a 3 down back and I don't think Michael Carter is going to provide enough competition

James Cook-Bills Round 2. Will have a pass catching role, but also has to deal with Devin Singletary and Josh Allen vulturing TD's

Ken Walker III-Seahawks. Round 2. Rashaad Penny and Chris Carson (maybe) are the competition. And this offense is on the decline. 

Isaiah Spiller- LAC. Round 4. Ekeler is the #1, and not much else, mainly Josh Kelley. Will clearly be the #2 one would think. Great offense, enough to go around? 

Few bonus nonrookies:

Travis Etienne Jr-Jaguars. Missed his first season with Lisfranc and will deal with James Robinson but will see significant high value touches regardless. 

CEH-Chiefs. Had an underwhelming first few years, hurt mostly by injuries. Has Ronald Jones II and Jerrick McKinnon as backups. Is there enough meat on the bone for this one in an Andy Reid RBBC

I absolutely love Etienne with Lawrence. He's going way to late in early drafts. People seem to have forgotten about the pedigree. I'm all in on him this season.

I think Hall is right about where he should be. He'll have his moments but probably not enough to make RB2 territory.

Walker is a huge question mark. Everyone knows that it's only a matter of time before Penny gets hurt, but can Walker stay healthy??

Spiller needs an Ekeler injury to be relevant, very possible though. CEH is CEH, he'll have his moments as well but probably a flex. He's frustrating. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I absolutely love Etienne with Lawrence. He's going way to late in early drafts. People seem to have forgotten about the pedigree. I'm all in on him this season.

I think Hall is right about where he should be. He'll have his moments but probably not enough to make RB2 territory.

Walker is a huge question mark. Everyone knows that it's only a matter of time before Penny gets hurt, but can Walker stay healthy??

Spiller needs an Ekeler injury to be relevant, very possible though. CEH is CEH, he'll have his moments as well but probably a flex. He's frustrating. 

I think I mostly agree with you. How high are you taking etienne?

5 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I think I mostly agree with you. How high are you taking etienne?

He's a fringe RB1 in my opinion. He's going to catch a ton of balls in that offense. Depending on the board I'd have no problem overpaying for him. I think his current ADP is early fifth if I'm not mistaken. 

For this season I'll only be looking at RB rookies that fall below their ADP.  Hall is the only rookie that I think had star potential, but he's on the Jets and their offensive line is going to be tested hard for the first half of the season.  

From the dynasty perspective, I'm sure Hall will be taken in the first round of the rookie draft and if things go as I expect, I'll look to trade peanuts for him mid way through the season.

Edited by 1fastdoc

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I should have included Rachaad White, a 3rd rounder from TB. Uncle Lenny may not have that much left in the tank, it isn't clear. And that's a good offense, OL and QB. One of these guys is going to blow up you have to think. 

I like white, good ppr back had 43 rec last season (about 20% of their passing volume at Arizona state).  He seems to be the forgotten back, as I've often seen z white pierce and spiller go in the same range.

Personally I've often managed to get white between picks 18 and 22 in idp leagues,

Edit - I've also seen him go as high as 11

Edited by millworkguy

9 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I like white, good ppr back had 43 rec last season (about 20% of their passing volume at Arizona state).  He seems to be the forgotten back, as I've often seen z white pierce and spiller go in the same range.

Personally I've often managed to get white between picks 18 and 22 in idp leagues,

Agree 💯. I could see him handling a lot of the backfield targets, even as a rookie. He's definitely the future and a steal in that 15-20 range. I'd have no problem overpaying for him though. 

Edited by League_Champion

9 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Also a fan of White.  What I'm banking on, though, is the fact that Brady is likely in his last season and Fournette is probably not on a Brady-less team in '23.  That team will be in a rebuild and Gio Bernard won't be there either as the "pass-catching back".

53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree 💯. I could see him handling a lot of the backfield targets, even as a rookie. Ronald Jones (stonehands) is no threat, White has natural hands and is far more talented. He's definitely the future and a steal in that 15-20 range. I'd have no problem overpaying for him though. 

Jones is in KC, not TB

• Haha 2

Hall definitely the top rookie rb. I do like Walker in Seattle because I don't think Penny can stay healthy. Carson is toast and will be a non- factor. Damian Pierce could take.the lead job if Marlon Mack struggles, which is possible. 

For some reason a.have a hunch on Las Vegas RB ZAMIR WHITE. Yet.he want.get the opportunities this year if Jacobs stays healthy but I'm looking to stash.him for next year as I feel he's gonna have the lead job to himself.