[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Justin Herbert

Docniner

As of now the consensus has Josh Allen as the QB1. I get it, he's ultra-talented but Kustin Herbert could be breathing down his neck this year. If you watch Herbert he just oozes football. 5,000 plus yds., 41 total tds, 2nd in pass attempts to Brady and this kid has room for improvement. He's in a division where your gonna have to put up points to win and I don't think it's out of the question he could approach 50 tds. this year. He could even be considered in the MVP race. He is definitely a QB I'm targeting this year. What do you guys think about Herbert's 2022 season? Any negatives and where would you draft him in a 12 team league?

He could easily surpass Allen as QB1.  The Bolts will put up points this season.  My only real issue with Herbert is that his main pass catchers (Keenan Allen and Mike Williams) are both somewhat injury-prone.  Losing one (or God forbid, both) of them would be a killer.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

He could easily surpass Allen as QB1.  The Bolts will put up points this season.  My only real issue with Herbert is that his main pass catchers (Keenan Allen and Mike Williams) are both somewhat injury-prone.  Losing one (or God forbid, both) of them would be a killer.

Don't forget Ekeler.  

As for the top ranked QB's this year, I'm surprised nobody has Burrow at the top of their lists.

7 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Don't forget Ekeler.  

As for the top ranked QB's this year, I'm surprised nobody has Burrow at the top of their lists.

Burrow doesn't run. I don't think he can get there without some rushing equity.

12 hours ago, stethant said:

Burrow doesn't run. I don't think he can get there without some rushing equity.

Burrow has averaged 3 attempts per game in his first 2 years (77-260-5), while Herbert has less than one more carry per game (3.7) with higher stats (118-536-8) in part due to playing in 6 more games.  

Yes Herbert runs more and has better stats, but saying Burrow doesn't run isn't quite accurate. He's not Tom Brady or Matt Ryan. 

Edited by stevegrab

Steve, those rushing stats are what keeps most Fantasy QBs relevant. Take away the rushing yards and rushing TDs from Jalen Hurts, Lamar or Murray. You'll have dog pissss, but they are fantasy gold when it all adds up. Guys like Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow and Herbert can get it done from the pocket. I'm all about cheat code QBs that offer that extra value running. 

• Confused 1