[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Message Board League 2 - Draft Talk

darin3

On 8/27/2022 at 1:46 AM, Riffraff said:

You called it on the slowest moving target.

Xflash - total time for 10 picks = 23 hours

Next closest are Heehawks and Grey Pilgrim at 10 hours total.

Fastest pre-selector or has job with draft screen up: Def with 58 total minutes

Slow....  I'm up waiting on everyone else to make picks.

I halfway across the globe in Saudi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Tired of drafting.  3 locals in the last 3 days and still have this and 3 other online drafts going.  I need to switch focus to my dynasty rosters already...:pullhair:  

Haha - right there with you, but my slow drafts are winding down (have this, a Guillotine draft and an FFPC draft) but then have 2 live drafts this weekend, an live online auction and also prepping my wife for her draft on Saturday.

Then off to Vegas for the live FFPC event where we have a bunch of drafts.

And I likely will try get a couple more BBM3 drafts in.

I think I may have a problem.

11 minutes ago, Def. said:

Well you're not Henry bad yet.  :wink:

He does a lot of high entry managed teams. I limit myself a lot on those since I don't have the time to manage the waiver wire and lineups on that many teams, so instead I do  a ton of best ball and have been fairly successful the last few years so upped my volume and did many more of the tourney type this year, though my main volume is still in the individual league ones.

• Like 1

I know I say it every year, but I really like my team.

QB - I think Hurts is going to be one of the better fantasy QBs this season, especially with the addition of AJ Brown

RB - Love Mixon, everyone thinks Stevenson is going to hit big, and Zeke is criminally underrated

WR - Kupp may not repeat last season's numbers but he'll still rock it in PPR, love McLaurin and Sutton as WR2's that could potentially creep into the top 12 WRs  fantasy-wise... and Bateman could pop too

TE - Pitts is a stud and backed up by Knox who could have the occasional big week due to TDs

---

How's everyone else feeling?

Good luck to all!

QB - Love Lamar and Fields in best ball formats.  Baker at QB3 I thought was value.

RB - Always my focus.  Swift/Kamara should carry me and Montgomery/Jacobs/Pollard will all have stinkers but hopefully enough big games at the right time for byes and flex.

WR - I was surprised at the depth of talent.  Evans/AJ Brown should be rock solid so I just need one big day out the others and all are either super dynamic talent or in great roles or are named Tyler Lockett so should pull enough to be useful - JJSS/Aikuk/Lockett/Chark/Garrett Wilson someone's gonna go off.

TE - and now I pay the price.  Hooper should be sneaky good, TEN has always had strong TE usage and it's usually split between two guys for move/goal line, but Hooper's the only one there now.  Love Hunter Henry's upside and this is my 6th year of hitting the Evan Engram Bong.

PK - just pick 3.

DEF - just pick 2.

The Grey Pilgrim believes he can compete also.  

QB: Went with age and took Brady/Rodgers, and hoping for some "juice" in the last 6 weeks 13-18 from DeShaun

RB: Ekeler/Akers with backups J Kelley and D Henderson, Ken Walker and some surprise late draft help from Antonio Gibson (apologies to Brian Robinson owner Loaf)

WR: K Allen, A Robinson, B Cooks, C Godwin, plus late additions of GB and KC WR's R Doubs and M. Valdes Scantling (would be happy if one stepped up)

TE: Big surprise to get Kelce at 2.08 pick, allowed me to draft a backup TE Higbee in Round 63. 😉

Crossing my fingers......at least hoping to compete til the end and enjoy the season.

Edited by The Grey Pilgrim

My squad sucks yet again.

QB: Patrick price arm, Lance legs, pTua sounds like spittle.

RB McCaffrey to gamble on greatness, rockin' the Chubb; mid level lawfirm of Edmonds & Edwards-H; receiver points for lil' bro J Cook.

WR Mike W was a top WR beginning and end - can he fill in the middle? A few 'nobody wants' like Mega Metcalf, Starvin Marvin, and Tuddies Thielen.

WR Week 1 is Campbell's only healthy game. Toni, Tony, Toney has done it again, feels good!

WR Too many rookies... hoping for targets with London bridge and spike weeks by elementary my dear Watson and Jameson Will I Am?

TE Likely a top guy in Andrews. Rodgers' TDs all go to Tonyan.

Tried and true method of mediocrity...

50 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

4 of 10 teams only took 2 QBs. 

RBs; 2 have 8

These apply to me, this is best ball, I don't need sexy I want the lucky points each week, 3 ppr backs and a some guys who see regular work.

I wanted a 3rd qb, but I felt I missed the bus, although I was really tempted by ridder as my last pick

• DMD unpinned this topic