[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stefon Diggs Ranking

jsturm

Really?

Should I just stick with 120 yards and two TDs a week?

I gave him seven catches for 70 yards which is right in line with what he did in away games last year. He is on the road at the Rams and no doubt gets to face Jalen Ramsey who is arguably the best cornerback in the league. He only had four games with more than 7 catches, so he's already high-side for catches which will be hard enough to do, again, being shadowed by Ramsey who was thought to be iffy for THU night with a shoulder injury but recently was said to be okay to play. I will check that when injury reports are issued. It is doubtful that Gabriel attracts the same coverage. There are many instances of when Ramsey covers a guy the whole game, the other WR is the one with better stats.

If he scores a touchdown, he shoots up to No. 5 in the rankings. 

Seven catches for 70 yards is better than most receivers in any given week. Especially facing the premier shutdown corner in the NFL. Only two receivers caught a TD as a visitor in LA last year. The only ones catching a score were Jauan Jennings and AJ Green - neither were the No. 1 receiver for the opponent.

I'd be more wary of someone who just predicted a great game for a wide receiver not taking into account the matchup and venue.

As far as the comparison to Gabriel goes, I would never play Gabriel over Diggs regardless of matchup because Diggs is a Top-5 wideout and carries more upside than almost any other WR. Diggs is an every week starter.

49 minutes ago, jsturm said:

Alright DMD!  I get your analysis.  It was just a huge shock seeing him ranked so low, especially when other experts have him mostly all in the top 5.  

Most other "experts" don't give their predictions 10% of the consideration that DMD does. Like he said some just predict nearly the same numbers every week. And there isn't much behind it. Its why he can charge a price for the service and many pay for it. Like he said, Diggs isn't somebody you bench because you have another WR with a better prediction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Most other "experts" don't give their predictions 10% of the consideration that DMD does. Like he said some just predict nearly the same numbers every week. And there isn't much behind it. Its why he can charge a price for the service and many pay for it. Like he said, Diggs isn't somebody you bench because you have another WR with a better prediction. 

That's great to hear!  It's my first time trying the Huddle, I'm glad to hear more goes into it than the others!

20 hours ago, DMD said:

As far as the comparison to Gabriel goes, I would never play Gabriel over Diggs regardless of matchup because Diggs is a Top-5 wideout and carries more upside than almost any other WR. Diggs is an every week starter.

Personally I approach my sit / start decisions more on talent than match-up.  The game predictions are fun to read and also really, really hard to get right.  Kudos to you for trying.

It’s nice to have:

Predicted performance with a confidence factor applied

Separately, a start / bench list that indicates what choices the expert would actually make in terms or prioritizing players to start.

TheHuddle.com might even do this… :thinking: :D

• Like 2