[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denv v Seattle

FinishTheDrill

1 minute ago, gijoerock said:

Geno Smith is balling. I'm surprised 

No doubt, only has 1 uncompletion!  Russell Wilson who?!?  🤣 

Alright Denver enough, time to take this game over.  Stop fooling around and making Geno look like a HoF.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Ship a bunch of players and picks to Seattle to put the game on a 64 yard FG instead of Wilson.

Makes sense. 

That's just well said. Nobody wanted that ending. We all wanted to see if Russ could pull out another 4th Qtr comeback in Seattle, this time as the visiting QB. I know McManus had the length but the play is the go for it there. However, hindsight is always 20/20.  McManus makes that FG and Russ has done it again putting them in position to win the game. 

55 minutes ago, irish said:

That's just well said. Nobody wanted that ending. We all wanted to see if Russ could pull out another 4th Qtr comeback in Seattle, this time as the visiting QB. I know McManus had the length but the play is the go for it there. However, hindsight is always 20/20.  McManus makes that FG and Russ has done it again putting them in position to win the game. 

Russ forced his way out of Seattle because the HC didn't trust him enough.  So the decision becomes more bizzare considering.

Also, I have a hard time seeing Brady or Manning letting the coach run the clock down in that situation.  

That was a very weird game. The Broncos failure to get a TD after 1st n goal at the 3 with 6.5 minutes left killed them. 

The handful of plays leading up to the 64 yard FG attempt were baffling as well, almost 90 seconds left and they seemed to start going backwards, then fail to get the first down. 

Looks like it may take some time for the Denver offense to gel. I'm concerned that Hackett needs to learn a hell of a lot: clock management, decision making, game planning.

Russ was not used to his strengths last night. If that's gonna be the game plan in Denver not sure why he was so eager to leave Seattle.

I think this game proved that Seattle's offensive players are going to be unreliable all year from a fantasy standpoint, and you'll get a few home runs from Denver's WR group. I thought Metcalf was a sneaky pick this year as he was dropping way too far, and still hope I'm right, but not hopeful after last night. 

Javonte Williams is going to be a touch machine and possibly a top 3 RB in fantasy. 

24 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I think this game proved that Seattle's offensive players are going to be unreliable all year from a fantasy standpoint, and you'll get a few home runs from Denver's WR group. I thought Metcalf was a sneaky pick this year as he was dropping way too far, and still hope I'm right, but not hopeful after last night. 

Javonte Williams is going to be a touch machine and possibly a top 3 RB in fantasy. 

Absolutely loved this guy going into this season. If Gordon wasn't brought back, he could've finished #1.  Maybe Gordon helps keep him healthy though. 

McManus has a long FG of 61 last year, and he's about 50% on FG over 50 yards. (I wish Pro Football Reference broke down FG beyond 50 into 50-59 and 60+, since it seems we're going to continue seeing more FG kickers capable of that distance).

Justin Tucker who is one of the best long kickers, and holds the FG record at 66 (last year) and is 75% (48/66) on FG over 50 yards.

I'm not sure it was a great decision, but didn't seem that bad either. I had to check, and saw that his 61 yard FG (week 17 last year) was not in the thin air at Denver's Mile High stadium. Did Wilson show much during that game that he was capable of scoring a TD from mid field? He seemed to be checking down with his pass attempts all night.