[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TRADE BS!

fins22

We have an established 12 team (2 QB) PPR league for the past decade.  Two years ago a new owner came in, I am not a fan.  Some of the moves he makes are questionable, but I understand we all see talent differently.  We do NOT have a trade veto clause in our league, as it has never been an issue.  Well, that has changed.  After week 1, a trade occurred and we are stuck with it (shame on us for no veto power)......but of course, maybe I am over reacting.  This numb nuts traded his first over pick (Justin Jefferson) to another owner for his bench QB (Matt Ryan), while the waiver wire had a couple of options too.  This definitely tips the scale of fair play in my opinion....sorry, just needed to vent.   

Edited by fins22

That seems very lopsided, but then I don't play in a 2QB league so I have to try and re-evaluate things a bit. Curious what QBs did the Jefferson owner have on their roster, and what options were there on waivers (hard to believe any starting QBs are there with 12 teams in 2QB league). What options will the new Jefferson owner have at QB when their 2 have byes? Are they facing 2 potential losses without another starting QB.

We've never had league vote to veto trades, and I don't really like that as it can easily be abused to prevent a good team from becoming too good. 

Our league is in its 30th season, the same two guys (I'm one) have been co-commissioners that entire time, and we can choose to not approve a trade that two owners agreed to. Not sure it has ever been done, I know we've talked to the owners involved in apparently lopsided trades before, to get their perspective and make sure they know that from an outsider it looks bad.

But its never been anything like this.

I know that there are different angles that you need to look at, but a 13th round pick for a 1st round pick (after week 1)....I should clarify that we do a Super flex option, which everyone in the league always uses a 2nd QB, sorry I was not clear with my initial post.  I don't mind him trading for anther QB but he had many other fair options on his team that no one would have batted an eye if he did so.  

And again, I did not word things well in the first post, the 2nd QB used is in the Super Flex position so during byes if he does not want to look on the wire for another QB or have one holstered, he can opt for another player (RB,WR,TE)....sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your input.  FINSUP! 

3 minutes ago, fins22 said:

I know that there are different angles that you need to look at, but a 13th round pick for a 1st round pick (after week 1)....I should clarify that we do a Super flex option, which everyone in the league always uses a 2nd QB, sorry I was not clear with my initial post.  I don't mind him trading for anther QB but he had many other fair options on his team that no one would have batted an eye if he did so.  

And again, I did not word things well in the first post, the 2nd QB used is in the Super Flex position so during byes if he does not want to look on the wire for another QB or have one holstered, he can opt for another player (RB,WR,TE)....sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your input.  FINSUP! 

No worries, that does make it a bit different regarding the value of QB and what happens to the few teams who don't have 3 starters.

I wasn't trying to say its a fair trade, just that with the 2QB angle it is different, less so with super flex. Agree a first round (top 10) pick player for somebody you could get around 12-15 round is crazy. Sounds like the one owner just doesn't understand fantasy football well, or panicked. 

Sucks for sure, look to make some rule changes to address it in the offseason and maybe educate the owner who is making these questionable trades. 

I agree it's lopsided, even for a 2 QB league when it's PPR.  I run a dynasty league and we had the trade veto in place for one season.  It was such a PITA and it slowed down trades that we abandoned it. But this is also why I make sure I know everyone in my league personally.  As a commish I'd talk to the managers. My guess is the guy who gave up JJ got something in addition to the QB.

11 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I meant money, bj, pigmy monkey.  Something off the books.

Yesterday we had a trade in our league, Jeff Wilson for KJ Osborn, the guy giving Osborn also gave a draft pick (11th round) and would "buy the guy a beer". All that information was shared with the league and recorded in our league info (where we track trade of future draft picks because owners often forget). Not saying there still cannot be something under the table.

This league is in its 30th season, we've had very little turnover and we all know each other (all but one owner were either friends of other commissioner or people we worked with at one time. 

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

I meant money, bj, pigmy monkey.  Something off the books.

Yes, something seems off here.  No matter how desperate you are for a QB, there's no way you part with JJeff for Ryan straight up.

BUT, Let's play devil's advocate here.

QBs score more points on average than any other position.  Thus, in SuperFLEX, they are they most valuable position.  While draft points projections should be taken with a grain of salt, top WRs can net you 300 PPR points over the course of the season, whereas even tier 2 QBs can net you 350.  Ryan's a bit low on the QB list, so coming anywhere near 300 PPR points, let alone 350, is quite unlikely, but if the guy really believes that Ryan is undervalued, is desperate for a QB, and has a good corps of other receivers, you might be willing to part with JJeff. 

But its a big stretch when it's Ryan alone.  Burrow, Brady, Rodgers ... maybe.  Ryan, ehh....

13 hours ago, Big John said:

Nope

Maybe it wasn’t Henry. Chris Johnson maybe, idk. 

All I remember is the Huddle writer came in here and basically called her dumb to even consider benching the stud for whoever she wanted to start and she did what she wanted and won because of it 

9 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Nope

All I remember is the Huddle writer came in here and basically called her dumb to even consider benching the stud for whoever she wanted to start and she did what she wanted and won because of it 

And she was playing her husband or significant other and the league assumed she was trying to throw the game and let him win, it went on for pages , lol.  I remember it

• Like 1

SEH, I like your perspective on the "devils advocate" of this trade, however, I don't believe he is that smart to crunch those numbers.  Even getting a lower QB, you still are giving away huge WR points from Jefferson.  Now, watch, Jefferson goes down in week 2 or 3 and he looks like a genius!  Ha.  FINSUP!

6 hours ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Nope

Was it Scooby? Cause I believe her and her husband (Scoobys Hubby I think is his huddle handle) played in leagues together.