[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giving Pierce another shot? Bench? or cutting bait?

FinishTheDrill

Pierce, thought I snagged a real winner at a nice draft spot.  

If you own him, whats everyone's thoughts?   Another shot in the flex, stash but firmly on th ebench, or are you dropping him for other hot items on the waivers?  

Coach said they wanted to use him more, but I guess they liked enough of what they were seeing from the old former patriot? 

Considering he only saw 29% of the snaps compared to 71% for Burkehead its pretty good that he had a nearly equal split of carries (11 vs. 14). However he was far less involved in the passing game (1 target to Rex's 8). He is a rookie, so being on the field in passing situations is often less likely if you have a more experienced RB that you trust. 

I don't have him, but wouldn't drop him. Leave him on the bench.

• Like 1

He's a keeper to be sure. But given the state of the HOU O-line and their tough schedule, he's going to be more of a matchup/venue sort of player. I'd be surprised to see Burkhead remain the lead back. He is the veteran, and probably way better at pass protection (which matters to keep him on the field when the score gets away from them).  Burkhead is NOT a No. 1 RB quality and they knew that already.  But he'll see elevated playing time for at least the next few games I would guess.

14 minutes ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

I have no choice but to start him. Well, still debating putting Rhamonde Stevenson in that slot so I guess I have a choice, but not a good one. I wouldn’t drop him though he’d be on my bench if not for Kamara screwing me.

How did Kamara screw you? This is fantasy football and these players are human beings. Get a grip brother.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

I bet he leads the team in carries again next week against the Bears. And likely for the rest of the season.

Agree, he got a good percentage of the share and was obviously the early down back. Rex will still catch a few balls but I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce is running the backfield by week 6. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, he got a good percentage of the share and was obviously the early down back. Rex will still catch a few balls but I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce is running the backfield by week 6. 

Good.  He and Curtis can fight for my flex spot.  I need a break to fall my way.  (oh, woe is me!!!)