[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Etienne

purplemonster

I bought low on this guy and made a trade. I don't think he is particularly good in protection but I am hoping the guy is talented enough he gets more involved. That said James Robinson seems to have a firm hold on the carries so maybe I am foolish to expect more. He also has been out of football for a while so maybe he warms up and his Trevor Lawrence connection starts hitting. Thoughts?

Edited by purplemonster

I didn't see either game, but looking at his two performances, he was on the field more in week 1 than week 2, but had fewer touches, though he did more with them

week 1 - snaps=51%, rush=4-47 rec=2-18(on 4 targ)

week 2 - snaps=33%, rush=9-20 rec=3-33(on 3 targ) 

I was going to list his individual runs from the games, but as I was looking at the play-by-play for his runs I see more than 4 total, so not sure what's up there. (I saw 3 each in first and second half for a total of 6, not 4). I see he had a 27 yarder in week 1, but his long run week 2 was only 6 yards, and he had 3 for 10 in the final drive. 

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I own 2 shares. My thoughts are he can't be trusted to start as a RB2, maybe a flex and not even that right now. 

He is the type of player that you overspent to get, and kills you as he rots on your bench all year.

This.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I own 2 shares. My thoughts are he can't be trusted to start as a RB2, maybe a flex and not even that right now. 

He is the type of player that you overspent to get, and kills you as he rots on your bench all year.

Excellent description. I am one of those regretful over-spenders in one of my keeper leagues for him. Even when J Rob gets his annual injury, I still wouldn't trust them to use Etienne the way I figured.

Edited by Dcat

It's just plain impressive and unexpected that James Robinson has come back so well from his achilles tear. I drafted Etienne thinking he'd be alpha for at least a couple weeks while Robinson mixed in while working toward full health. And with that, a decent chance Etienne took control of the backfield. So unless Robinson gets hurt, we all own an expensive J.D. McKissic right now.

• 1 month later...

I am glad I didn't consult anyone here and just made the trade. Everyone would have thought it was a bad trade because I had to overpay (Henderson and Godwin). This is before Akers went AWOL. I didn't want to part with Godwin but couldn't have made the deal otherwise. Henderson I figured would flame out one way or another.

Edited by purplemonster

On 10/30/2022 at 12:45 PM, purplemonster said:

I am glad I didn't consult anyone here and just made the trade. Everyone would have thought it was a bad trade because I had to overpay (Henderson and Godwin). This is before Akers went AWOL. I didn't want to part with Godwin but couldn't have made the deal otherwise. Henderson I figured would flame out one way or another.

Yeah, I held Etienne and watched as snap counts started tilting toward him right after this thread originally got going. He will be fun to own going forward!

2 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

Yeah, I held Etienne and watched as snap counts started tilting toward him right after this thread originally got going. He will be fun to own going forward!

Remember how people were panicking and were trying to trade him? Silly people 😁 

The pedigree is too good. There was NO chance that Robinson was going to beat him out.