[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eno... for real? Thoughts on the impact?

FinishTheDrill

Somehow I totally missed that Eno was cut by the Cards and then signed by the Texans. I saw the thread yesterday started reading, scratched my head left. 

I know he played a big role with the Cards while Conner was out, but what happened later that made him suddenly expendable? Did some other AZ RB rise up in practice to become the primary backup? I guess that is the rookie Keontay Ingram, not the often injured Darrel Williams.

Eno doesn't appear to be anything special and won't eat into the starter's production any more than others. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Somehow I totally missed that Eno was cut by the Cards and then signed by the Texans. I saw the thread yesterday started reading, scratched my head left. 

I know he played a big role with the Cards while Conner was out, but what happened later that made him suddenly expendable? Did some other AZ RB rise up in practice to become the primary backup? I guess that is the rookie Keontay Ingram, not the often injured Darrel Williams.

Eno doesn't appear to be anything special and won't eat into the starter's production any more than others. 

Eno pulled an 'Elijah Mitchell'-like tantrum regarding his projected usage.    
When are young, non-special players going to learn stop doing this?  

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Eno pulled an 'Elijah Mitchell'-like tantrum regarding his projected usage.    
When are young, non-special players going to learn stop doing this?  

Wow, what a fool. Too many of these young guys don't realize that at each next level (HS to college, college to pro) you are less than what you were before. You may have been BMOC at West High or XYZ State, but in the pros there's another hundred guys just as good waiting to take your place. 

I hadn't heard about it and went looking for some details, 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/happened-between-eno-benjamin-cardinals-203856298.html

Ahhh his agent is Drew Rosenhaus who says the reports of some confrontation after the game are not accurate. 

With this situation and the 3rd stringer in Green Bay, you just have to assume these guys just aren't good "room" guys if they don't get their playing time. I think it's a good move to just release them and give them a fresh look instead of burying them. 

Outside of all the X's and O's that coaches need to be worried about, keeping a 4 or 5 star kid in high school and their major college stud under wraps and happy must be an extremely difficult task. 

In Eno's case, I do think Keontay Ingram has more promise in the long run. 

• Thanks 1