[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders vs Rams (TNF)

League_Champion

I owned Jacobs last year in my local, and Barkley.

I had the worst RB's in the league. 

I really don't know what to think about Jacobs this year, but he was on a do not draft list for me this year. He seemed old and worn out. This year he looks like a prime Curtis Martin.

20 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I really don't know what to think about Jacobs this year, but he was on a do not draft list for me this year. He seemed old and worn out. This year he looks like a prime Curtis Martin.

I drafted him his rookie year in my keeper league and really liked him. Last year was a down year, he was used more as a pass catcher, had his lowest number of carries in his career. I did not expect a league leading rusher situation.

I posted some interesting stats, especially regarding the high usage during this injury stretch in the week 14 injury thread, but one quick fact repeat, he is averaging about 27.5 carries per game in these last 4, compared to about 17.5 during the first 9 games of this season. His year overall has been amazing, but these last 4 weeks have really been special and well above anything he's done before. 

Just now, gilthorp said:

I got knocked out of the top seed when playing the Carr, Jacobs, Adams owner last week. 72 last week, 27 this week.

Carr has been one of my QB stream options this season and has been fairly serviceable as a spot starter. :tup:

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

What better is there out there or available to them in the draft, even if they do get a 1st back from Payton signing with a team?

What about Jacoby Brissett for a bridge QB while you find one in the draft?  Seriously they guy has looked pretty good this year. I know, he's got some great talent around him both on OL and skill positions. 

There are 32 NFL teams, every one of them needs a QB, there are only a handful of elite ones (some past their prime) and most of the really good ones are locked up with their team. Some people think anybody below elite blows, they should be on ESPN with their hot takes. 

Haters are gonna hate.  I'm not a fan, nor a hater.  But, you have to give respect where it's due.  What happened last night was historically unprecedented.  Never been done before, and probably won't be done again any time soon.  Hell, I'm not even sure it's been attempted before.  That's half of what is so surprising to me... just that they had the confidence to put him out there in those circumstances.  The fact that he brought them back from 16-3 is mind-boggling.  The Raiders should be ashamed of themselves, frankly.  

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

It's perplexing, not something I saw coming. In fact I was actively avoiding Jacobs bc of his lack of receiving work, they had drafted a new RB, and he'd had two somewhat underwhelming years recently. Also Kenyan Drake, although he got released late in the preseason. He seemed like someone to actively avoid. I don't know if it was the scheme, contract year or what but his efficiency is much, much better 

Edited by purplemonster

29 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Haters are gonna hate.  I'm not a fan, nor a hater.  But, you have to give respect where it's due. 

I give him all the credit in the world for what he did last night, it was admirable. He showed a lot of grit. 

It doesn't change what he is though. Let's not act like 230 yards and 1 TD is a fabulous performance, especially against a horrible Raider team. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

It's perplexing, not something I saw coming. In fact I was actively avoiding Jacobs bc of his lack of receiving work, they had drafted a new RB, and he'd had two somewhat underwhelming years recently. Also Kenyan Drake, although he got released late in the preseason. He seemed like someone to actively avoid. I don't know if it was the scheme, contract year or what but his efficiency is much, much better 

At his ADP, he is one of the steals of fantasy drafts this year, if not the steal.

51 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I give him all the credit in the world for what he did last night, it was admirable. He showed a lot of grit. 

It doesn't change what he is though. Let's not act like 230 yards and 1 TD is a fabulous performance, especially against a horrible Raider team. 

Yes.  There is nothing more annoying than a fan using hyperbole and making sweeping generalities about a player based on the last thing said player did on TV.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The Raiders are just BAD! Carr should be ashamed of himself. What do they do with him? 

Time to consider drafting his replacement.

There are some guys that can take his team to the promised land, and there are some guys that just can't.  Carr always "seemed" to have "The Right Stuff", but it just never really materialized.  Of course it didn't help having trash defenses for the majority of his career, and also some questionable head coaching choices, but he has STB too many times to count, he has to be held accountable to a large degree.

19 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I certainly didn't see it coming and slept on him during the draft.  Good for him though, he's proven that he is a top shelf RB, and it looks like he'll be getting paid like one for the duration of his career.