[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Week 18 Chat

League_Champion

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Today's games kinda suck ...

I'm looking forward to tonight. I really like what Vrabel has done, impressive job, but I'm going to root for the Jags. Doug Peterson trying to help Jax recover from the urban Meyer disaster is also a good story. Trevor Lawrence seems like a good kid?

6 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I'm looking forward to tonight. I really like what Vrabel has done, impressive job, but I'm going to root for the Jags. Doug Peterson trying to help Jax recover from the urban Meyer disaster is also a good story. Trevor Lawrence seems like a good kid?

As a Carolina Boy I'll definitely be rooting for Lawrence. I'm not the biggest Doug Pederson fan but he's done a remarkable job in Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

See what games everybody is getting, lucky me an NFC East love fest in the late slot Sunday afternoon. 

506sports.com - Home

The TEN-JAX game for the AFC South could be entertaining. Not sure what to expect from KC-LV, KC still needs to play hard and win to lock up #1 slot (and avoid the NFL's messy neutral site stuff) but the Raiders have been a mess lately and it could be over at halftime. Not much rooting interest in either game, just want my fantasy guys Jacobs & Adams (keeper league) to come out without any issues impacting 2023. 

Tomorrow will be interesting, hoping the Browns finish with a win and knock the Steelers out of playoff contention. Probably watch the Eagles game late, with an eye on DAL and SEA games. Then Sunday night will be rooting for the Lions, my brother's became a fan over his time in lower Michigan, plus a bit tired of Rodgers/Packers. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Then Sunday night will be rooting for the Lions, my brother's became a fan over his time in lower Michigan, plus a bit tired of Rodgers/Packers. 

I'm excited for the Lions. If anybody deserves good news it's the Lions fans. They've endured a lot over the years. I love how they're building that roster. Go Lions! 

First game was a blowout as expected, 2nd game was boring for a while (2 mediocre teams) and got better at the end. Made sense that the hot team wins while the QB with little experience loses. Let's see if they can win a home playoff game next week.

6 minutes ago, Big John said:

Hines 2 KO TDs

This is exactly why I'm not a huge fan of just rolling last week's matchups over and using Week 18 points.  Matchups matter, and a player getting two KO return TD's in the same game is just as "fluke-ish" as players taking a zero on Monday night due to the game being called. That said, I've been saying all along that each league should handle it as they see fit, as there is no right/wrong way to solve it.  Using Week 18 points just wouldn't be my top choice, personally.  

Fantasy aside, though, that's pretty cool.  Watching that Buffalo crowd go crazy after the first one was enough to give me chills watching it.  Can't imagine being there in person.  

It's always fascinating watching the final week unfold, after guessing all week which teams are going to give it their all or not. Generally speaking, I'm usually pleasantly surprised with how competitive the games are.  Props to the Jets, for example.... The game may not be pretty, but they're making a game of it nonetheless.