[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Week 18 Chat

League_Champion

Thank you Diggs for winning me a championship after I benched Brady week 17.  (We decided for the huddle leagues I run to move all Cin/Buf scores from week 18 to week 17)

I was down 6 when Diggs scored the 49 yard TD with 8:51 left in the 4th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gopher said:

This is exactly why I'm not a huge fan of just rolling last week's matchups over and using Week 18 points.  Matchups matter, and a player getting two KO return TD's in the same game is just as "fluke-ish" as players taking a zero on Monday night due to the game being called. That said, I've been saying all along that each league should handle it as they see fit, as there is no right/wrong way to solve it.  Using Week 18 points just wouldn't be my top choice, personally.  

Fantasy aside, though, that's pretty cool.  Watching that Buffalo crowd go crazy after the first one was enough to give me chills watching it.  Can't imagine being there in person.  

In the first 17 weeks, there were only 4 in total! Hines did half of that in one game, against the Patriots! 

17 hours ago, Gopher said:

It's always fascinating watching the final week unfold, after guessing all week which teams are going to give it their all or not. Generally speaking, I'm usually pleasantly surprised with how competitive the games are.  Props to the Jets, for example.... The game may not be pretty, but they're making a game of it nonetheless.  

Many here were saying that teams don't try when they're out of the playoffs. I think Dan Campbell and his Lions said F U to those people. During the Browns game I could see what looked like some half hearted efforts, but others were trying hard and we kept it interesting if not especially close. 

The Giants certainly made little effort to win that game, not sure why PHI starters played all the way, especially Hurts coming back from injury. I got the DAL-WAS but didn't watch it, will be interesting to see what the heck happened there.

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't take much from it, its a meaningless game. They're getting the 5 seed regardless now. 

How was that game meaningless? Didn't the the Cowboys have a chance to take the division title with a win and Eagles loss? Sure the Giants were resting several guys, making an Eagles loss unlikely. Or were the Giants scoreboard watching and gave up at some point when it was a guaranteed Eagles win? (Yet Hurts was still playing until their final drive.)

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Or were the Giants scoreboard watching and gave up at some point when it was a guaranteed Eagles win? (Yet Hurts was still playing until their final drive.)

The Eagles we're in total control all day. If you've watched any Eagles games this season you'd know that they were playing it very safe and conservative vs the Giants. They were playing to not lose. In fact it was by far the most conservative play calling all season. 

Here's the scenario prior to gametime, none happened. 

The Cowboys (12-4) can still claim the top seed in the NFC, which not only assures them home-field throughout the playoffs, but the only first-round bye. For that to happen:

• Dallas beats Washington
  • Philadelphia loses to NY Giants
  • San Francisco loses to Arizona 

20 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Thank you Diggs for winning me a championship after I benched Brady week 17.  (We decided for the huddle leagues I run to move all Cin/Buf scores from week 18 to week 17)

I was down 6 when Diggs scored the 49 yard TD with 8:51 left in the 4th.

Congrats to you. We did the same thing in one of my leagues. I was up 1.5pts, I had Diggs and my opponent had Higgins. I was watching when that TD happened and I knew that wrapped it up for me. Back to back championships in that league. Very pleased

• Like 1