[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL restores 3rd QB rule

Big John

Discontinued for the 2011 season, brought back after the 49ers situation last year.

Rule is a 3rd QB on the inactive list can be designated as an emergency QB and can be brought into the game if the 2 active QBs become injured.

19 minutes ago, Big John said:

Discontinued for the 2011 season, brought back after the 49ers situation last year.

Rule is a 3rd QB on the inactive list can be designated as an emergency QB and can be brought into the game if the 2 active QBs become injured.

makes total sense

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Lots of squib kicks coming this year.

I saw that. We’ll see how it plays out, but I’m not optimistic it’s going to be pleasant to watch. 

just wait until they add a rule that you have to count to 3 Apple before you can rush the quarterback. 

Love the 3rd QB rule

Hate the kicking rule

Hate the Thurs flex rule. Even though they give 28 days, if I had planned on a Sunday and now it's flexed. I may have to use PTO, that might not be available; change my hotel dates, which I may have locked in at a lower rate with an upcharge to change; get a babysitter; etc.

51 minutes ago, chester said:

Love the 3rd QB rule

Hate the kicking rule

Hate the Thurs flex rule. Even though they give 28 days, if I had planned on a Sunday and now it's flexed. I may have to use PTO, that might not be available; change my hotel dates, which I may have locked in at a lower rate with an upcharge to change; get a babysitter; etc.

The NFL growing changes to flex scheduling just show they doesn't care much about fans attending games that may be traveling. 

Haven't been following the details and went to read up on the kickoff rule change, think its kind of stupid. They seem to be moving towards getting rid of the kickoff considering these most recent changes. https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/nfl-world-reacts-kickoff-rule-change 

What a shame.  One of the most exciting plays in the game, the type of play that gets fans on their feet, is one step closer to becoming extinct. One step closer to players like Dave Meggett, Dante Hall, and Devin Hester (or Matthew Hatchette, for that matter) being un-draftable. 

The flex thing is dumb. Nobody wants it except the NFL. Fans (mostly) hate it. Players don't like it. And Goodell just makes himself look stupid by saying that the stats show less injuries on TNF than the rest of the games, insinuating that there is no health concern related to the short week.  Well, no crap, Sherlock... that's because anybody who would normally be questionable for Sunday simply isn't going to be ready to play by Thursday, meaning more players out for a product that's already not good.  Less prep time, less recovery time, etc. equals bad football, regardless of which teams you flex into the spot.  We already have enough schedule maneuvering due to weather and other factors... just leave it alone.  

The QB rule is fine, but undoubtedly, coaches will still try to find a way to work around it to their advantage.  And, I'm curious to see how it will work.  If QB1 is knocked out, and QB2 goes to the locker room with an injury (meaning the emergency QB comes in), then QB2 is cleared, how much time do they have to get back into the game? They are required to, by the rule, but what if QB3 isn't playing half bad?  There will be gamesmanship, for sure.  Still better than watching a non-QB try to play the position, but they'll have to work out the kinks.  

Edit:  Forgot Steve Tasker, a player who is in the conversation for HOF consideration.  The NFL is headed towards a time where there will be no place for guys like that.  

Edited by Gopher