[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cocaine in the White House

rajncajn

43 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Every Karen agrees that cokegate is the biggest scandal since this:

I don't see it as a "scandal" per se. I see it as more an embarrassment for both the administration and for the secret service. I also still have a very difficult time believing that they can't figure out who's it is. I just think(also hope) they just don't want to pursue it any further. 

Edited by rajncajn

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I don't see it as a "scandal" per se. I see it as more an embarrassment for both the administration and for the secret service. I also still have a very difficult time believing that they can't figure out who's it is. I just think(also hope) they just don't want to pursue it any further. 

Even if they had video of Joe Shmoe on a white house tour dropping it from his pocket while turning in his cell phone, half the country still would not believe that was the source and would claim that the video was fake, or that the person dropping it was an FBI plant or some other nonsense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Even if they had video of Joe Shmoe on a white house tour dropping it from his pocket while turning in his cell phone, half the country still would not believe that was the source and would claim that the video was fake, or that the person dropping it was an FBI plant or some other nonsense.

I think you're overstating a bit. I'm sure there would be some loud, outspoken people pushing their narrative,  but I don't think it would be as many as you perceive. I've certainly seen a few more liberal folks purporting it to be a republican plant,  so you're going to get that sort of thing either way. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

An embarrassment?  I suppose.  I read it was found in an entrance area accessible by a bunch of people including tourists and employees.  

Seems like manufactured concern. 

My understanding is that it wasn't exactly a tourist area. Visitors would pass through that area,  but not random tourists. I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, 6kings said:

Secret Service are not the keystone cops! They know who’s blow it is!

The coverup is the scandal 

As I stated, some loud, outspoken people pushing their narrative. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

As I stated, some loud, outspoken people pushing their narrative. :lol:

So you’re telling me that the most secure building probably in the world with security cameras all over, they can’t figure out who’s coke it is?

Thats just my narrative? Give me a break!

20 minutes ago, 6kings said:

Thats just my narrative? 

A small bag of coke found in a highly trafficked area is not that big of a deal for normal Americans.  Only for right wing Karens with Biden Derangement Syndrome.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 6kings said:

So you’re telling me that the most secure building probably in the world with security cameras all over, they can’t figure out who’s coke it is?

Thats just my narrative? Give me a break!

Did you even read my previous posts? :lol:

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

A small bag of coke found in a highly trafficked area is not that big of a deal for normal Americans.  Only for right wing Karens with Biden Derangement Syndrome.

I think it matters who it is highly trafficked by and they've been a bit vague about that. I also think that it does matter that it was found in the white house and that they say that they can't figure out where it came from. Do I think that coke in the white house is a huge deal? Not really,  unless they found out it was from a high-ranking member of the administration. If you're not concerned about someone in the administration having a coke habit then, ok...

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I also think that it does matter that it was found in the white house and that they say that they can't figure out where it came from. 

If thousands or even hundreds of people pass through each day, they are probably saying they can't figure out where it came from for legitimate reasons.  Occam's razor usually rules over conspiracy theory. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

If thousands or even hundreds of people pass through each day, they are probably saying they can't figure out where it came from for legitimate reasons.  Occam's razor usually rules over conspiracy theory. 

Yeah,  I can't help but be skeptical. If you want to call that conspiracy theory you're certainly free to. I just think they're not pursuing it any further because they're not really interested in finding out who's it is. 

Or perhaps when no forensical evidence was obtained, best case scenario is you narrow it down to 100s of suspects.  At that point you need to decide how many resources to spend on a minor drug possession investigation.  It was a dime bag, not an undentonated bomb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Or perhaps when no forensical evidence was obtained, best case scenario is you narrow it down to 100s of suspects.  At that point you need to decide how many resources to spend on a minor drug possession investigation.  It was a dime bag, not an undentonated bomb.

And as I stated several posts up...

18 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I just think(also hope) they just don't want to pursue it any further. 

I'm not here standing on my head about it. That doesn't make it not embarrassing for them and it doesn't change the fact that they're probably (hopefully) not being truthful when they say they are incapable of finding out who left it. Regardless if you say you can't or if you won't, for whatever reason, it's not really a good look. If you can't pusue it makes you look incompetent. If you won't pursue it makes it easy to say you either already know and don't want to tell or you're worried what you might find. Hence, embarrassing either way. 

Edited by rajncajn

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Yeah,  I can't help but be skeptical. If you want to call that conspiracy theory you're certainly free to. I just think they're not pursuing it any further because they're not really interested in finding out who's it is. 

Can I ask a serious question, would you be as skeptical if this happened while Trump was in WH, or one of the Bushes, or Reagan, or any other GOP member. 

22 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

And as I stated several posts up...

I'm not here standing on my head about it. That doesn't make it not embarrassing for them and it doesn't change the fact that they're probably (hopefully) not being truthful when they say they are incapable of finding out who left it. Regardless if you say you can't or if you won't, for whatever reason, it's not really a good look. If you can't pusue it makes you look incompetent. If you won't pursue it makes it easy to say you either already know and don't want to tell or you're worried what you might find. Hence, embarrassing either way. 

You seem to have already decided that they are lying and its a cover up. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Can I ask a serious question, would you be as skeptical if this happened while Trump was in WH, or one of the Bushes, or Reagan, or any other GOP member. 

If I told you yes,  would you believe me? You're asking the question,  so it seems you've already made up your mind. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

You seem to have already decided that they are lying and its a cover up. 

I haven't decided anything and I'm certainly not calling it a cover up. You're mistaking me for someone else.

Look, Bobby theorized that they may have decided that they did not want to spend the resources on pursuing a drug issue any further. Fine, whatever, but that's not what they are saying. If Bobby's theory is correct then they are being untruthful and there are only two reasons that I can think of to be untruthful. Either you know and don't want to tell or you don't want to find the answer,  either of which does't look good. Actually, there is a third option. It's possible they don't care enough to pursue it further, but those optics don't look good either. The only other option is that they are being truthful,  in which they look incompetent.

And as I've said a couple of times now,  I hope they're just being untruthful for whatever reason because I'd really hate to think that our secret service is incapable of tracking down the owner of a baggie of cocaine left in the white house. That,  to me, is embarrassing. 

Edited by rajncajn

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Look, Bobby theorized that they may have decided that they did not want to spend the resources on pursuing a drug issue any further. Fine, whatever, but that's not what they are saying. 

Actually, that appears to be exactly what they are saying.  

The agency, along with the FBI, tested the packet to determine it was cocaine and looked for any fingerprints or DNA evidence. But the tests yielded no usable forensic evidence. Video footage of the area where the baggie was found also provided no evidence to narrow the possible suspects beyond a list of roughly 500 staff members and visitors who passed through during a weekend earlier this month. 

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Gugliemi said the agency determined that interviewing all 500 people could be a strain on resources, might infringe upon civil liberties and would likely be fruitless without corresponding physical evidence tying any person to the drugs.

• Thanks 1

I was just reading this article on NPR which includes much of what Bobby posted. The SS isn't incompetent, there is no conspiracy or cover up. Just no physical evidence that can be used. Should they tighten security, probably, maybe drug searches to even enter the WH grounds. Is it worth whatever it costs to find who it really belonged to? (No because unless they say Hunter Biden there will be millions saying its a cover up.)

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/13/1187505413/white-house-cocaine-investigation

Then there is this, from Trump.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/trump-implies-white-house-high-on-cocaine-lies/

So if he is claiming the SS will lie and bend/break the law for the current president, I guess that means they'd have done that for him too, right? Therefore we will have to discount any positive things they may say about him in any trial.

The guy doesn't even seem to know that the situation room is being renovated and not used at this time. But still acts like its "the place we do war and nukes".

37 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

It's not like this administration is being led by a sexual predator like the last one was.

No,  just a guy who liked to take showers with his daughter and is WAY beyond inappropriate and handsy with women who are not his wife and little girls.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

No,  just a guy who liked to take showers with his daughter...

lol....as reported by a dubious website and sold to Project Veritas...who themselves have been sued multiple times for defamation....with their founder even refusing to publish it as it couldn't be deemed authentic. 

You try awfully hard to pretend you're independent minded, but certainly do a lot of hand-waving when consuming and regurgitating right-wing rhetoric.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 2